IGNORED

Sean Dyche

Hafnia

10 hours ago, StevO said:

Like arseholes, we all have opinions and most of them stink. 
Id like to blame the manager, it’s one man and it’s much easier to focus on one. But too many of them have been poor for Dyche, poor for Frank, poor for Benitez
As much as I think we need a new manager, I also believe a lot of these players aren’t good enough. Because regardless of who’s in charge they have not won enough football matches. 

All great managers under the reign of a brilliant owner and a competent board.

No, it's the club structure that has been ruined and it has gone worse during the years with piss poor decisions and incompetent leading/management. Continuous short-sighted decisions leading to frustrating results and frustrating fans.

The players have been ok trying to do their job as professionals. But it's not much use when management etc have not been ok.

There will always be players that are not "good enough" and there will always be cries for improvements no matter what.

Dyche was just one of many mistakes, as I see it.

16 minutes ago, Sev said:

All great managers under the reign of a brilliant owner and a competent board.

No, it's the club structure that has been ruined and it has gone worse during the years with piss poor decisions and incompetent leading/management. Continuous short-sighted decisions leading to frustrating results and frustrating fans.

The players have been ok trying to do their job as professionals. But it's not much use when management etc have not been ok.

There will always be players that are not "good enough" and there will always be cries for improvements no matter what.

Dyche was just one of many mistakes, as I see it.

I don’t doubt that the managers, owner and board haven’t been good enough. Everything at the club has been poor for quite some time. 

But ask yourself this, if these players aren’t better than what we’ve seen for the last few years, why haven’t clubs in a better position taken them?
Why has our club not tried to extend quite a few of their contracts when we have the shortest contracts in the league?

One thing I’m certain of, when the club does finally improve a lot of these players won’t be around and will likely have left for nothing. 

Look at the players we have and just ask yourself, before they came to us, were bigger teams looking at them?

Was McNeil sought after? What about Harrison, Tarks, Keane, Mylo, Young, and on…..

These players are known as being average players that will do a job but not progress you. Good managers can’t make them suddenly become top six players.

We’re going on about fitness because we have conceded goals late. But it’s nerves of the situation we are in that’s hurting us the most. This isn’t exclusive to Everton, look around at results and see through the leagues how many teams conceded goals in the last ten minutes of a match after leading. 

Our biggest problem at the moment is finishing. Look at Lindstrom, he was in the penalty twice in the last twenty minutes and just needed to shoot, but his confidence had dropped so badly due to earlier misses that he backed out and tried to make a square pass that wasn’t on. We need to I still belief in them…. And unfortunately that does fall on the manager and coaching staff.

3 hours ago, StevO said:

I don’t doubt that the managers, owner and board haven’t been good enough. Everything at the club has been poor for quite some time. 

But ask yourself this, if these players aren’t better than what we’ve seen for the last few years, why haven’t clubs in a better position taken them?
Why has our club not tried to extend quite a few of their contracts when we have the shortest contracts in the league?

One thing I’m certain of, when the club does finally improve a lot of these players won’t be around and will likely have left for nothing. 

I'm sorry, but I clearly remember clubs asking/negotiating for some of our players just the last window.

Contract issues might just have to do about money.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Look at the players we have and just ask yourself, before they came to us, were bigger teams looking at them?

Was McNeil sought after? What about Harrison, Tarks, Keane, Mylo, Young, and on…..

These players are known as being average players that will do a job but not progress you. Good managers can’t make them suddenly become top six players.

We’re going on about fitness because we have conceded goals late. But it’s nerves of the situation we are in that’s hurting us the most. This isn’t exclusive to Everton, look around at results and see through the leagues how many teams conceded goals in the last ten minutes of a match after leading. 

Our biggest problem at the moment is finishing. Look at Lindstrom, he was in the penalty twice in the last twenty minutes and just needed to shoot, but his confidence had dropped so badly due to earlier misses that he backed out and tried to make a square pass that wasn’t on. We need to I still belief in them…. And unfortunately that does fall on the manager and coaching staff.

Noone is talking about top six player abilities, Shukes. And the reason why we've conceded late goals is pure tactical from the sideline like substitutions, or lack of them, and switching player positions for reasons I'm not aware of.

Lindstrøm is not match fit as such. He didn't get minutes in Napoli so that'll take a bit. Not all chances are converted to goals and thanks for that ... otherwise it would just be silly scores.

I don't know for certain what Dyche and the coaching staff do to the players pre season, but something smells.

Our side was made poor by horrific decision making surrounding transfer fees and, most of all contracts. I think Dyche will do just fine as a caretaker this season to see us avoid relegation again and move into Bramley Moore with promise on the horizon.

The way I see it, though, Thelwell has earned a new contract. We've done generally good business while he's been here, cut the wage bill and set a clear wage structure moving forward, and identified a number of younger talents that should grow into strong first team players in the next couple years (or sooner in some cases). He hasn't been perfect, but given the means at his disposal I think he's done admirably. 

Some proper confusing stuff being posted on here.... "because xyz haven't been poached by top 6 clubs then it means we aren't a good side".  

we do need to have a team to put out you know?  We are only gonna sell the most profitable players who can be replaced cheaper.  If we sold McNeil we would get in and around what we paid for him.  Probably a £5m haircut... let's not get confused that the likes of Bournemouth, Leicester wouldn't be interested in a player who can pop shots in from 20 yards. 

22 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Some proper confusing stuff being posted on here.... "because xyz haven't been poached by top 6 clubs then it means we aren't a good side".  

we do need to have a team to put out you know?  We are only gonna sell the most profitable players who can be replaced cheaper.  If we sold McNeil we would get in and around what we paid for him.  Probably a £5m haircut... let's not get confused that the likes of Bournemouth, Leicester wouldn't be interested in a player who can pop shots in from 20 yards. 

I'm genuinely curious: if we have a decent enough side talent wise, who do you credit for that? It seems you want mostly everyone sacked, but we've clawed our way out of a fairly horrific financial situation and apparently still have a reasonably talented side.

2 hours ago, Matt Tiger said:

I'm genuinely curious: if we have a decent enough side talent wise, who do you credit for that? It seems you want mostly everyone sacked, but we've clawed our way out of a fairly horrific financial situation and apparently still have a reasonably talented side.

Decent enough for 10th -15th? which is what I believe we are.

lets give all the credit to dyche - including the sale of players he didn't sign and the fact that he benches players that cost us £20m.

reality is we have 1 point this season, lost 2 games where we had 2 goal leads, and won 5 games in nearly 10 months. So whatever it is you are trying to do to generate some credit for him isn't really gonna work mate. 

5 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Decent enough for 10th -15th? which is what I believe we are.

lets give all the credit to dyche - including the sale of players he didn't sign and the fact that he benches players that cost us £20m.

reality is we have 1 point this season, lost 2 games where we had 2 goal leads, and won 5 games in nearly 10 months. So whatever it is you are trying to do to generate some credit for him isn't really gonna work mate. 

I'm not trying to generate credit for him.... I was asking a genuine question, as I quite literally typed at the start of my post. My god you're impossible.

8 minutes ago, Matt Tiger said:

I'm not trying to generate credit for him.... I was asking a genuine question, as I quite literally typed at the start of my post. My god you're impossible.

I'm genuinely curious: if we have a decent enough side talent wise, who do you credit for that? It seems you want mostly everyone sacked, but we've clawed our way out of a fairly horrific financial situation andapparently still have a reasonably talented side.

Yeah I can read mate..... given that we were talking about Dyche (in the dyche thread) and that you referred to me wanting everyone sacked - I assume you could only be talking about thelwell or Dyche? 

so you make the point that I say we have a decent enough side (very subjective - 10th to 15th is not a decent side).  Then you want to know who gets credit for that? As though someone has been doing wonders with the budget..... (thelwell spent weeks negotiating  on ndiaye and deserves enormous credit for that) 

what is your point? Is it just a chat about player recruitment or is all of that moot in the sense that we have 1 point and a manager who can't manage games with a lead? 

I was good enough to answer your question but I'm struggling to understand its relevance 

I think our squad is good for 10 - 14th in the league.  

Pickford, DCL, Tarks are very good premier league players.

Myko, Doucs, Gana, McNeil, Coleman are all good premier league players

Garner, Patterson, Iroegbunam, Lindstrom, Borja, Ndiaye, Chermiti, O'Brian are all young premier league players with potential to be very good.

Keane, Beto and Young are poor and Harrison is ok.

What we are lacking is good left and right backs. Without Petterson (I rate other people don't) and Myko playing we are horribly exposed at the back. This can only be addressed when we have both fit and playing and have bought new players in.

Dyche and the team kept us up in the last two seasons, he has made mistakes this season, but we have not got the results are play deserved and we capitulated too easily. Thats not all on him.

With new owners we know he will be gone in the new year, so we just have to support him till then, as shouting from the sidelines is not going to change a damn thing till then.

3 hours ago, Hafnia said:

So you think we have a good team and squad then. That’s done Haf, you’re allowed to feel that way…. And there is nothing to say your wrong.

Just please understand that it works both ways. If I feel we have an average team and squad, then there’s also nothing to I’m wrong or right either.

I mean we could use evidence against my argument….. oops!!

18 minutes ago, Shukes said:

So you think we have a good team and squad then. That’s done Haf, you’re allowed to feel that way…. And there is nothing to say your wrong.

Just please understand that it works both ways. If I feel we have an average team and squad, then there’s also nothing to I’m wrong or right either.

I mean we could use evidence against my argument….. oops!!

Did I say it was good? Didn't say that at all did I??! Why you putting words in my mouth?

I said our squad is far better than what dyche is getting from them...., 5 wins in nearly 10 months.

keep repeating that to yourself, it may help you understand why I have an issue with the manager.

you feel free to think as you want.... look on the bright side - when we do have a team and a manager that is doing what I believe it should do then you will feel very happy 

36 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Did I say it was good? Didn't say that at all did I??! Why you putting words in my mouth?

I said our squad is far better than what dyche is getting from them...., 5 wins in nearly 10 months.

keep repeating that to yourself, it may help you understand why I have an issue with the manager.

you feel free to think as you want.... look on the bright side - when we do have a team and a manager that is doing what I believe it should do then you will feel very happy 

Are you having a laugh? You on a wind up?

You've been arguing with everyone who’s been saying the squad is poor ffs haha.

Bloody hell you need to explain better, you’re the most confusing person on here. People have been saying the squad isn’t good enough, and you argue non stop. But when I suggest you feel it’s good…. You argue that to?

At least you give me a good laugh Haf, and I appreciate that. Thought all this time you’ve been serious…. More the fool me.

8 hours ago, Sev said:

I'm sorry, but I clearly remember clubs asking/negotiating for some of our players just the last window.

Contract issues might just have to do about money.

Who? Branthwaite and DCL yeah, Onana went, no one else from the whole squad. 

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Are you having a laugh? You on a wind up?

You've been arguing with everyone who’s been saying the squad is poor ffs haha.

Bloody hell you need to explain better, you’re the most confusing person on here. People have been saying the squad isn’t good enough, and you argue non stop. But when I suggest you feel it’s good…. You argue that to?

At least you give me a good laugh Haf, and I appreciate that. Thought all this time you’ve been serious…. More the fool me.

At no stage have I said it's a good team..... shall I help you out?

outstanding = man city

excellent = liverpool

good = villa

i could actually believe that you found it funny shukes if you weren't such a touchy sod 

9 hours ago, London Blue said:

I think our squad is good for 10 - 14th in the league.  

Pickford, DCL, Tarks are very good premier league players.

Myko, Doucs, Gana, McNeil, Coleman are all good premier league players

Garner, Patterson, Iroegbunam, Lindstrom, Borja, Ndiaye, Chermiti, O'Brian are all young premier league players with potential to be very good.

Keane, Beto and Young are poor and Harrison is ok.

What we are lacking is good left and right backs. Without Petterson (I rate other people don't) and Myko playing we are horribly exposed at the back. This can only be addressed when we have both fit and playing and have bought new players in.

Dyche and the team kept us up in the last two seasons, he has made mistakes this season, but we have not got the results are play deserved and we capitulated too easily. Thats not all on him.

With new owners we know he will be gone in the new year, so we just have to support him till then, as shouting from the sidelines is not going to change a damn thing till then.

Our issue is not with the squad or with the manager: it's with a lack of squad depth. This is why we've experienced a bad start to the season. As starters return from injury and we see a consistent starting lineup, we'll start to climb the table.

8 hours ago, Hafnia said:

At no stage have I said it's a good team..... shall I help you out?

outstanding = man city

excellent = liverpool

good = villa

i could actually believe that you found it funny shukes if you weren't such a touchy sod 

Thank you for helping me out, I’m better for it x

Ypu are right as well, I’m ver touchy, I do have an emotional attachment…. I love everything Everton and it’s not going to change over the odd disappointing result.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Thank you for helping me out, I’m better for it x

Ypu are right as well, I’m ver touchy, I do have an emotional attachment…. I love everything Everton and it’s not going to change over the odd disappointing result.

Fair play you are the epitome of "let's get behind the team" -  they will be very motivated by your comments when Sean reads out his selection of fan social media posts. 

Really looking forward to the clear out.  Starting with dyche and thelwell to a degree. 

the culture at the club is awful, always looking for excuses for poor performances and celebrating mediocrity. 

get the last of your ultra faux positive "best under circumstances" shouts.  Friedkin got rid of Daniel di Rossi despite him being a club legend......  oops the jobs for boys thing looks a thing of the past. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Really looking forward to the clear out.  Starting with dyche and thelwell to a degree. 

the culture at the club is awful, always looking for excuses for poor performances and celebrating mediocrity. 

get the last of your ultra faux positive "best under circumstances" shouts.  Friedkin got rid of Daniel di Rossi despite him being a club legend......  oops the jobs for boys thing looks a thing of the past. 

I’d like to see Thelwell given a chance with some money and to try a build a more positive side.

Everything starts from the top, hopefully under the new owners we can correct the mess we have become asap.

4 minutes ago, Btay said:

I’d like to see Thelwell given a chance with some money and to try a build a more positive side.

Everything starts from the top, hopefully under the new owners we can correct the mess we have become asap.

He's done a good job but he's also part of the present and I can see why people may potentially link the past into the future in both good ways but also potentially negative ways. All depends on whether he can flip his approach, it'll come down to the interview rather than a transition period I assume.