IGNORED

Brighton (Home) 3/1/2023

Btay

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

What a load of fucking shite that was.

For 10 minutes we did alright, pressed and made them panic into making mistakes. After that we were absolutely battered and Brighton had the easiest game they'll have all season long. They had the freedom of the ground to do whatever the fuck they wanted, whenever they wanted.

Our midfield was non-existent, our defence passed it around between themselves, and our striker may as well not have been on the pitch because we barely got near their goal and even when we did none of the stupid bastards wanted to put the ball in the fucking box!

Pickford - I have no idea if he could have done more for any of their goals and, at this point, I don't fucking care.

Patterson - Fucking hell.

Coady and Tarkowski - Fuck. 

Mykolenko - Where attacks go to die. Pass fucking forwards for fucks sake.

Gray - Had a go.

Gueye - One of our better players and his showing was error-strewn, that's how fucking bad the rest where.

Davies - I didn't want to taser him.

McNeil - What the fuck is he?! Useless isn't descriptive enough for what he provides. Absolutely fucking no help to his full-back, who in turn got fucking roasted. And he offers less of an attacking threat than Jordan fucking Pickford. Ands the less said about his corners and free-kicks the better.

Iwobi - Is it too late to rescind that 100K a week contract offer?

DCL - Fucking ridiculous that he got booed when he was subbed off. He had nothing to work with. Absolutely fuck all. 

Just got home. It was horrendous! I can’t disagree with any of the above. I was one of the stupid few that stayed to the end. We can’t afford to go down but the feeling I got inside the stadium today was like nothing I’d experienced all last season. Apathy, realisation, inevitability, predictability and just numbness to it all. No one was really angry after. No hostile arguing amongst our own fans, no bins being punched, nor even that much shouting at the players who walked down the tunnel without acknowledging the crowd. It felt like a wake. I don’t think there will be the appetite and enthusiasm to drag the team over the line again. 

5 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

But the post you were replying to was about the Director of Football anyway, not the assistant manager.

That's why I was confused!

Edit - and who is Crofts? Billy Reid was Potter's assistant.

I surrender, he was the under 23 manager😊

• Btay changed the title to Brighton (Home) 3/1/2023
7 hours ago, RPG said:

Sacking Frank won't sort the problems. The rot goes much higher up the food chain. And if we did sack Frank, can you imagine the backlash on the board - who could have sacked him before the World Cup and have had 6 weeks to find a new manager and identify January transfer targets. I think we are past the point of no return and have to go 'all in' with Frank and just hope that we can do enough business in the window to keep us up.

I agree Frank is not the whole issue but he is the only thing we can change quickly to try to stay up. If you saw that last night and think gambling on keeping him is the way to go I 100% disagree.

8 hours ago, RPG said:

DOF having a shortlist of managers he would like to appoint is one thing. Said managers being prepared to join us is quite another. We are, and have been for some time, a poisoned managerial chalice and I can't think of a single manager better than Lampard who we could realistically hope to persuade to join us.

Clearly, unfortunately we cannot force a decent manager to come here! 

I don't think there is anything special about Lampard whatsoever and he would not have got the jobs he has had if it wasn't for his name and reputation.

9 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

What a load of fucking shite that was.

For 10 minutes we did alright, pressed and made them panic into making mistakes. After that we were absolutely battered and Brighton had the easiest game they'll have all season long. They had the freedom of the ground to do whatever the fuck they wanted, whenever they wanted.

Our midfield was non-existent, our defence passed it around between themselves, and our striker may as well not have been on the pitch because we barely got near their goal and even when we did none of the stupid bastards wanted to put the ball in the fucking box!

Pickford - I have no idea if he could have done more for any of their goals and, at this point, I don't fucking care.

Patterson - Fucking hell.

Coady and Tarkowski - Fuck. 

Mykolenko - Where attacks go to die. Pass fucking forwards for fucks sake.

Gray - Had a go.

Gueye - One of our better players and his showing was error-strewn, that's how fucking bad the rest where.

Davies - I didn't want to taser him.

McNeil - What the fuck is he?! Useless isn't descriptive enough for what he provides. Absolutely fucking no help to his full-back, who in turn got fucking roasted. And he offers less of an attacking threat than Jordan fucking Pickford. Ands the less said about his corners and free-kicks the better.

Iwobi - Is it too late to rescind that 100K a week contract offer?

DCL - Fucking ridiculous that he got booed when he was subbed off. He had nothing to work with. Absolutely fuck all. 

Spot on, most impressed you were able to write that, I guess your keyboards no knackered after being hit so hard 😱

7 hours ago, barryj said:

Just got home. It was horrendous! I can’t disagree with any of the above. I was one of the stupid few that stayed to the end. We can’t afford to go down but the feeling I got inside the stadium today was like nothing I’d experienced all last season. Apathy, realisation, inevitability, predictability and just numbness to it all. No one was really angry after. No hostile arguing amongst our own fans, no bins being punched, nor even that much shouting at the players who walked down the tunnel without acknowledging the crowd. It felt like a wake. I don’t think there will be the appetite and enthusiasm to drag the team over the line again. 

I stayed until the end also, it was surreal, no anger everyone eventually walked off like zombies. It did feel like the fans know that we’re doomed, I can’t see the collective gathering before games happening again.

33 minutes ago, RPG said:

I'm inclined to agree. But the corollary to your point is that there was/is nothing special about Everton either and Lampard is about the best we could have got.

Maybe special is the wrong word. Lampard hasnt proven himself to be even average yet IMO. He has somehow bought a handful of players in and made us worse.

Lampard was the best name we could have got, whether or not he is the best manager we could have got is a different story. 

48 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

Spot on, most impressed you were able to write that, I guess your keyboards no knackered after being hit so hard 😱

My keyboard managed to survive, somehow :lol:.

I also can't believe I managed to stay until the end. I remember looking at the clock and thinking there's another half an hour of this, it could be 6 or 7 for Brighton.

4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

My keyboard managed to survive, somehow :lol:.

I also can't believe I managed to stay until the end. I remember looking at the clock and thinking there's another half an hour of this, it could be 6 or 7 for Brighton.

I said the same to my son at 0-4, that we could end up 7 or 8, really surprised we didn’t to be honest.

The goal we got could well prove to be invaluable.