IGNORED

Beto

• 2 weeks later...

We can't loan (or sell) Beto until either DCL resigns (seemingly more unlikely by the day) or we bring in cover. And even if we bring in cover, I still don't see how we can send Beto out without two additions up top coming in. I think Chermiti is quite a talent but he's not ready to be the second striker option. 

2 minutes ago, Matt Tiger said:

We can't loan (or sell) Beto until either DCL resigns (seemingly more unlikely by the day) or we bring in cover. And even if we bring in cover, I still don't see how we can send Beto out without two additions up top coming in. I think Chermiti is quite a talent but he's not ready to be the second striker option. 

How important a hyphen can be :lol:

I'm excited to see Chermiti. Don't think he's gonna set the world alight but he's shown he could be a very good player.

3 hours ago, Matt said:

How important a hyphen can be :lol:

I'm excited to see Chermiti. Don't think he's gonna set the world alight but he's shown he could be a very good player.

I think he's potentially superb, extremely good feet, strong, quick enough.

9 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I think he's potentially superb, extremely good feet, strong, quick enough.

I mean we dont have another Ronaldo-esq player on our hands. I'm very excited to see him get a run of games.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

I mean we dont have another Ronaldo-esq player on our hands. I'm very excited to see him get a run of games.

Yeah... the number of people saying "send him out on loan"...... don't get it. He's at a good level now - similar to branthwaite a couple of years ago he will get accelerated development.

hes miles ahead of Maupay 

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Yeah... the number of people saying "send him out on loan"...... don't get it. He's at a good level now - similar to branthwaite a couple of years ago he will get accelerated development.

hes miles ahead of Maupay 

Not hard to be fair. I think we got glimpses and the only way we'll know for sure is when he gets game time, whether that be loan or not. I'm assuming not and can't wait to see him develop, but early days yet. Still, exciting times ahead :)

6 hours ago, Matt said:

So long as we can get a replacement. He didn't set the world alight but I think be could be useful. Would be sad for him too.

Matt I’m sure Beto will be fine if he goes back to Italy this is a lad who has come from working in a burger bar to become a millionaire playing football. 
he will be happier playing regular football which to be honest it doesn’t look like he will get here. 
I said from day 1 he wasn’t up to premier standard. 
so if it’s true that he may go back good luck to him we can’t blame him for trying. 

15 minutes ago, patto said:

Matt I’m sure Beto will be fine if he goes back to Italy this is a lad who has come from working in a burger bar to become a millionaire playing football. 
he will be happier playing regular football which to be honest it doesn’t look like he will get here. 
I said from day 1 he wasn’t up to premier standard. 
so if it’s true that he may go back good luck to him we can’t blame him for trying. 

He's playing for the club he actually supports. I know being moved on from my dream job would be tough to take. 

24 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I wonder who our scouting team have got lined up to replace him. I quite like the non interfered player recruitment system 

I personally don’t want Che Adams but he is on a free so this wouldn’t surprise me. 
I still like the look of Fofana at Chelsea a loan to buy would be great. 

2 hours ago, Harv said:

He gives it everything and could still be useful to us. If he gets a couple of goals under his belt, he would get that much needed confidence boost.

That’s my issue with him though. He lacks in technical ability…. And doesn’t give everything. Times last season he just seemed to be standing around. Ghosted around a lot.

3 minutes ago, Shukes said:

That’s my issue with him though. He lacks in technical ability…. And doesn’t give everything. Times last season he just seemed to be standing around. Ghosted around a lot.

That's the aspect about him that surprised me and annoyed me the most tbh. A lack of ability can be forgiven but a lack of effort cannot.

8 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I wonder who our scouting team have got lined up to replace him. I quite like the non interfered player recruitment system 

Blog for Sligo match.

Kick-Off

Maupay gets us under way at The Showgrounds!

I think it'll be tough to find a replacement, don't think Chermiti is quite ready, DCL is up in the air, so we can't let him go in my opinion. He looked a bit off it last year but he's a worker and a handful when he's on the ball. Sometimes it takes players a year to adjust to a new country, new league, new club, etc.

And even though he didn't always look the part last year I also didn't think we completely fell off as a side when he was out there so I'm confident he can step in and at least do the job, especially given the attacking additions that have come / will come in.

5 hours ago, Matt Tiger said:

I think it'll be tough to find a replacement, don't think Chermiti is quite ready, DCL is up in the air, so we can't let him go in my opinion. He looked a bit off it last year but he's a worker and a handful when he's on the ball. Sometimes it takes players a year to adjust to a new country, new league, new club, etc.

And even though he didn't always look the part last year I also didn't think we completely fell off as a side when he was out there so I'm confident he can step in and at least do the job, especially given the attacking additions that have come / will come in.

Chermitti is already better in my book.