IGNORED

Amadou Onana

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

This is it isn't it, and what people seem to be overlooking. The way incomings goes in the books means we'll do well out of the money we bring in for Onana.

I've been excited about this summer all along and I really do think we'll end the window in a strong position.

Here's something else to console yourself with.....

he made us worse! 

23 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Here's something else to console yourself with.....

he made us worse! 

It’s possible it’s a factor, but there’s a real danger in assuming one cause to the effect. 

Average world temperature difference from average on the dates when DC-L plays for Everton versus doesn’t play: +2.2% vs 0.7%. Sell DC-L and save the planet!

57 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

It’s possible it’s a factor, but there’s a real danger in assuming one cause to the effect. 

Average world temperature difference from average on the dates when DC-L plays for Everton versus doesn’t play: +2.2% vs 0.7%. Sell DC-L and save the planet!

It's more than a factor Steve.... people like to throw stats out when Onana doesn't pass the eye test... for me it tells me what I've always thought. He doesn't offer us much - just looks elegant but it's not synchronised swimming is it. 

8 minutes ago, Harv said:

We mustn’t count the cash yet. I don’t think the medical and paperwork has been completed yet.

Fab said medical happening yesterday and deal to be signed and announced next week. Sure things can happen at this stage but this seems 90% a go to me.

3 hours ago, Matt Tiger said:

Fab said medical happening yesterday and deal to be signed and announced next week. Sure things can happen at this stage but this seems 90% a go to me.

Okay thanks, start counting.

As I’ve said not happy to lose him but he was clearly the best option to move as Doucoure can slot back into his more natural position and we’ve already secured cover in Iroegbunam (not to mention garner.)

We really need to use the proceeds on a rb first and foremost but seems like we’re after another winger as top priority. Guess we’ll see. 

3 hours ago, Matt Tiger said:

As I’ve said not happy to lose him but he was clearly the best option to move as Doucoure can slot back into his more natural position and we’ve already secured cover in Iroegbunam (not to mention garner.)

We really need to use the proceeds on a rb first and foremost but seems like we’re after another winger as top priority. Guess we’ll see. 

That's Tim. Or Timi to Matt, that big girl.

47 minutes ago, DownUnderToff said:

Maybe I'm misreading but ... Isn't that saying we averaged 1.8pts per game with him vs 0.92pts without?

0.96 points per game with him 1.2 per game without him

1 win in 3.8 games with him - 1 win in 2.14 without him. 

1 loss in 1.64 with 1 loss in 7.5 without......

People justify what he does by stats -  this is pretty powerful isn't it. 

Rodri is viewed as the most important midfielder in the world for stats that are strongly aligned the other way - quite simply Man City concede less, score more, win more and lose less with Rodri.  Onana had the opposite effect on us. 

sure other factors need to be considered but it certainly matches what my eyes tell me.  He's a very elegant looking "don't know what he does" player. 

41 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

0.96 points per game with him 1.2 per game without him

1 win in 3.8 games with him - 1 win in 2.14 without him. 

1 loss in 1.64 with 1 loss in 7.5 without......

People justify what he does by stats -  this is pretty powerful isn't it. 

Rodri is viewed as the most important midfielder in the world for stats that are strongly aligned the other way - quite simply Man City concede less, score more, win more and lose less with Rodri.  Onana had the opposite effect on us. 

sure other factors need to be considered but it certainly matches what my eyes tell me.  He's a very elegant looking "don't know what he does" player. 

Yep, I definitely misread it.

Was always confident we would get a good price for him. But didn’t expect a sell on clause on top of that. 
Excellent business by the club. 

Now to replace him. 
Gana has most likely a 75% played this season I would expect. So we need to get someone in now to ease them into the position. Unless we have a young player we feel can fit that mold?

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Was always confident we would get a good price for him. But didn’t expect a sell on clause on top of that. 
Excellent business by the club. 

Now to replace him. 
Gana has most likely a 75% played this season I would expect. So we need to get someone in now to ease them into the position. Unless we have a young player we feel can fit that mold?

Kalvin Phillips on loan. 

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

On another point…. Where are Villa getting all this money from? They seem to be buying up everyone. Yet wasn’t the Tim/Dobbin sale meant to be a balancing strategy.

It was to meet PSR, but this is a new PSR timeframe now. A time when they'll have CL money coming in.

Plus, they're selling Diaby for £50m.