IGNORED

Amadou Onana

3 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Not sure it quite works like that, strengthens our hand in terms of getting a better price but it in no way guarantees we keep him

We don't need to sell him plus he's under contract...  psr deadline went on 30th June.  Arguably could be banked for last year as was at euros.  

If we sell him it will be cos the money works - I don't think we will sell him. 

Good money- almost doubled our money an a player that we initially paid a decent fee for.

Think Lille have 20% sell on clause. so probably around £25m profit less  £5m.

we signed him on a 5 year contract, we will have paid out £10m or so in the account.

so rough calcs mean we should have +£35m added directly to our accounts, but we also removed have removed  the remain £15m liability for the next three seasons.

how Everton - use if fucking sensibly!! 

1 hour ago, Matt Tiger said:

You say you have eyes then quote twitter "scouts" who use FM style database. They aren't scouts mate - scouts don't use twitter to tell people about players. 

we've sold an average player for £50m plus add ons.... I was happy with £30m.

people can quote all sorts of Joe Allen type analysis.... the fact is he got dropped for 3 critical games after he was subbed in the 6-0 drubbing vs Chelsea and stuffy draw vs Newcastle and both games we improved when he was taken off.  

I'll be balanced - he has good athleticism and do a job as an 8 or 6 but he can't shoot, can't dribble, passes sideways, but his size is a big factor.  

it says a lot that he wanted to be sold before coming back to Everton - after the 6-0 loss vs Chelsea the team and manager had a clear the air meeting and he was the obvious casualty. Make of that what you will 

Gutted because I think the potential is there for everyone to see.

I do think we've done pretty well out of it financially, and the fact that the deal has been so quickly says everything for me.  Also... In all fairness, isn't this one of the reasons behind initially buying him. Big potential and increase in transfer value.

11 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

You say you have eyes then quote twitter "scouts" who use FM style database. They aren't scouts mate - scouts don't use twitter to tell people about players. 

we've sold an average player for £50m plus add ons.... I was happy with £30m.

people can quote all sorts of Joe Allen type analysis.... the fact is he got dropped for 3 critical games after he was subbed in the 6-0 drubbing vs Chelsea and stuffy draw vs Newcastle and both games we improved when he was taken off.  

I'll be balanced - he has good athleticism and do a job as an 8 or 6 but he can't shoot, can't dribble, passes sideways, but his size is a big factor.  

it says a lot that he wanted to be sold before coming back to Everton - after the 6-0 loss vs Chelsea the team and manager had a clear the air meeting and he was the obvious casualty. Make of that what you will 

Arteta Emery and Hansi all clearly rate him. They must only stats databases too I guess. 

This will divide opinion. Some will want to keep him because of his potential - which could make him an exception player. Others are happy to see him go because his performances are not that of a 50 million player. Both are right. I don’t think we can turn down this kind of money though for what he has brought to the team.

I just pray Gana’s little legs are still there as we will need him next season. Gana completely outshone Onana last season also.

33 minutes ago, Matt Tiger said:

Arteta Emery and Hansi all clearly rate him. They must only stats databases too I guess. 

Arteta didn't go for him, only one team bar a Saudi team offered money for him. So on that logic all the other managers don't. 

I can only repeat what I've stated before: Stick with what's working and change what's not working. Our defence is one of the best in the league, so absolutely do not change it. Our midfield has been so-so, so improve it. Our offence has been terrible, so change it.

Keep Branthwaite. Replace Onana with a more hungry player. Recruit a prolific goalscorer.

At his best was a very good midfielder who could run a game. Unfortunately he was lazy and didn’t have the right mentality to maximize his ability. A truly great player would be at their best week in week out because they want to win. That clearly wasn’t the case. He will leave and have a few really good games during the season but a lot more average ones. We’re getting a good deal here.

For me there’s an awful lot of hype surrounding him which I could understand if he performed consistently, that hasn’t happened so I would be happy to see us get our money back and move on. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

It’s a good deal. He is a very good player, but he’s not what we need right now. It’s better for Everton to cash in than keep him. Which is the opposite to Branthwaite, who is worth more to us on the pitch than on the balance sheet. 
Onana will go on to have a very good career, I’ve no doubt about that, but he was always brought in as a player we can make money on. 
It wouldn’t surprise me if the reason he chose us over West Ham would be if we agreed from the beginning to sell him if a champions league club came in for him. 

Yes not that good that he could make them sort of decisions at his age he came for the money and a step up.

19 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Well I'm very much looking forward to seeing what players we bring in once he's gone.

My concern is that we're not gonna be able to actually use all £50m (or whatever amount we have available) on bringing in other players. But rather (as the Athletic story noted), this will just allow us to not have to sell Branthwaite

2 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

My concern is that we're not gonna be able to actually use all £50m (or whatever amount we have available) on bringing in other players. But rather (as the Athletic story noted), this will just allow us to not have to sell Branthwaite

You can be as miserable as you like but I'm going to stay positive until it's actually worth being a misery.

4 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Either way if we can't use the money then it means we would have needed to sell someone else in order to get by.

personally I think we will be ok to buy players, I think we will be clever and get them on 5 year drips.

id have sold Onana and dcl together before branthwaite 

35 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

personally I think we will be ok to buy players, I think we will be clever and get them on 5 year drips. 

This is it isn't it, and what people seem to be overlooking. The way incomings goes in the books means we'll do well out of the money we bring in for Onana.

I've been excited about this summer all along and I really do think we'll end the window in a strong position.

44 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Money on the books now means less issue with PSR next summer window, not now. But it's also money we can then borrow against so maybe 1 decent signing and a backup player out of it.