IGNORED

Amadou Onana

I've seen enough of the likes of Morgan schneiderlein, Jack Rodwell, John Collins etc to get easily swayed by a player who looks the part. Classy/elegant and all that guff. 

funny isn't it.... we lost a player like don hutchison over a few grand pay rise and some fans claim Onana is potentially a top player.   Onana isn't a quarter of the player Hutchison was but you wouldn't think so based on hype. 

What hype Haf? 
 Don’t see any anywhere.

I see people talking about his potential ability, but I don’t see any hype.

Some of us can see that he has the ability to rise up above where he is right now and become a very good footballer…. Which he already is playing regularly in the premier league.

People are also talking about a reasonable figure for a transfer, even the media. But I don’t see anywhere rating him as a 70/80m player. Or making him out to be a world beater? 

Me and you live on different parts of the cpu try and possibly follow different streams of media. But over here in the midlands… Onana is seen as a decent player with the potential to be a very good player.

Would we miss him? No not really based on his current ability.

Could he become better and improve us? Of course he could with the right people behind him.

This is why I’m indifferent to him going. I’m more bothered about keeping DCL as I know how hard it is to find a goal scorer.

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I've seen enough of the likes of Morgan schneiderlein, Jack Rodwell, John Collins etc to get easily swayed by a player who looks the part. Classy/elegant and all that guff. 

funny isn't it.... we lost a player like don hutchison over a few grand pay rise and some fans claim Onana is potentially a top player.   Onana isn't a quarter of the player Hutchison was but you wouldn't think so based on hype. 

I think Rodwell was good, with potential to be very good. He moved at the wrong time, didn't get enough game time and also had injuries from what I recall.

when I think of onana I'm prob guilty of stereotyping physique - I want him to be like fellaini - rough/tough in the middle and major pain in the arse in the box. 

I'm sorry, but if he's as good as some of you are saying then there would be and would have been plenty of offers for him. I just don't see them other than an interest and possible talks from the Gunners.

33 minutes ago, Sev said:

I'm sorry, but if he's as good as some of you are saying then there would be and would have been plenty of offers for him. I just don't see them other than an interest and possible talks from the Gunners.

Possible talk from a top five team in the world. No biggie.

From the BBC.

Meanwhile, the Toffees have received a number of enquiries for midfielder Amadou Onana from Premier League and Champions League clubs.

The Belgium international would cost more than £50m and, although Arsenal held an initial conversation with Everton regarding the player's availability, they are unlikely to follow-up their interest at this stage.

Right. So from the Gossip page (I assume) on BBC Sport they talk about enquiries, in plural. And Premier League as it would just be one club, Arsenal ... so far.

Would love to know who those Champions League clubs are.

17 hours ago, Sev said:

Right. So from the Gossip page (I assume) on BBC Sport they talk about enquiries, in plural. And Premier League as it would just be one club, Arsenal ... so far.

Would love to know who those Champions League clubs are.

Just hope he goes now for a decent amount I want to see the back of him. 

On 20/06/2024 at 13:42, Hafnia said:

Who???

I was referring to Arsenal but by all accounts there has been other interest as well.

Im not sure whether it’s FFP, Euros, or both but there seems to be considerably less transfer activity in general. I’d imagine that’s good news for us unless we absolutely have to sell Onana or branthwaite to avoid a deduction.

2 hours ago, Matt Tiger said:

I was referring to Arsenal but by all accounts there has been other interest as well.

Im not sure whether it’s FFP, Euros, or both but there seems to be considerably less transfer activity in general. I’d imagine that’s good news for us unless we absolutely have to sell Onana or branthwaite to avoid a deduction.

I couldn't give a shit if we don't need to sell him.... I'd sell him regardless. 

53 minutes ago, Matt Tiger said:

Will never understand the desire to sell a  young player of his caliber but clearly im in the minority 

I don’t think it’s a desire. Just that a lot of us think it could be him or Branthwaite, and in that situation Branthwaite wins. 

35 minutes ago, StevO said:

I don’t think it’s a desire. Just that a lot of us think it could be him or Branthwaite, and in that situation Branthwaite wins. 

I was responding to a comment saying he’d sell him regardless if we needed to or not. That’s a far cry from a choice between him and branthwaite. I’d rather keep branthwaite 100% but in an ideal world I want to keep both .

3 minutes ago, Matt Tiger said:

I was responding to a comment saying he’d sell him regardless if we needed to or not. That’s a far cry from a choice between him and branthwaite. I’d rather keep branthwaite 100% but in an ideal world I want to keep both .

Haf is an extreme, I wouldn’t think about it too much :lol:.

34 minutes ago, Matt Tiger said:

Saying you were in the minority made it seem like it was more than one response you were replying to. 

20 minutes ago, StevO said:

Saying you were in the minority made it seem like it was more than one response you were replying to. 

Reading this thread it sure seems like I’m in the minority of people that want him to stay. Maybe not tho. 

Just now, Matt Tiger said:

Reading this thread it sure seems like I’m in the minority of people that want him to stay. Maybe not tho. 

I’d like him to stay as I think he could be a seriously good player. Of all our sellable assets though, Branthwaite, Pickford, DCL & Onana - it’s Onana who has brought the least to the playing squad & easiest to replace.

Would love a Saudi bid for Doucoure to come in.

6 hours ago, Btay said:

I’d like him to stay as I think he could be a seriously good player. Of all our sellable assets though, Branthwaite, Pickford, DCL & Onana - it’s Onana who has brought the least to the playing squad & easiest to replace.

Would love a Saudi bid for Doucoure to come in.

Fair I agree with this fully.

1 hour ago, Tonsta said:

Watched the game last night, thought for someone with talent and promise, he was once again anonymous. I would sell at the earliest opportunity.

I agree even if we only get our money back.