IGNORED

Amadou Onana

4 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

£20m if we're being pedantic 😀

Not really....you buy a player and the risk is they become worth nothing.... like Holgate etc.  Onana not worth £50m in a month of Sundays.  You buy a player and hope they are someone you make money on - at least we were able to find a club to buy him. 

I just wish it would happen soon so we can get other business done.

Im liking the sound of the lad we can’t type out correctly, and it seems that deal depends on this one. 

Good fortune to you Onana, but we’ve moved on already. 

He served his purpose for the club - he was always earmarked as a player purchased to be in the squad/first team for a couple of years, then be sold for a profit. 

I think its a bit of a buyers rather than a sellers year this season - so think we have done reasonably well with the fee at this time in the transfer window. Although there was whispers about some of the top clubs looking at him, kind of suprised he's gone to Villa, so hazard a guess there was not that many in for him as we maybe lead to beleive by the media. 

Now gives us the opertunity to get busy in the window.

Wish him all the best at Villa. 

20 hours ago, c1982 said:

Villa are signing a player who could potentially be an elite player and can afford to invest £50m when age/status are considered.

Everton are selling a player who doesn’t really fit where we are currently and probably won’t actually be missed too much.

A player can still be brilliant even when he’s a bit meh where he is currently… I rate Onana highly and can see 100% why teams will pay top dollar. Everton clearly think Onana can make us more money in the future hence the sell-on clause.

This is a deal that suits all parties in my opinion.

💯Agree

He is clearly a much better player than Haf would have you believe. He is still only 22 so has huge potential  and has all the tools and physique to go to the very top and I fully expect him to kick on at Villa and I honestly hope he does because it’s a club I have a lot of time for

Good look to him

There aren’t many signings in the Moshiri era that you could say were big successes but this is definitely one of them despite the fact he didn’t quite fit in. If we can find a few more Onanas then we will soon rid ourselves of our PSR woes 

3 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

💯Agree

He is clearly a much better player than Haf would have you believe. He is still only 22 so has huge potential  and has all the tools and physique to go to the very top and I fully expect him to kick on at Villa and I honestly hope he does because it’s a club I have a lot of time for

Good look to him

There aren’t many signings in the Moshiri era that you could say were big successes but this is definitely one of them despite the fact he didn’t quite fit in. If we can find a few more Onanas then we will soon rid ourselves of our PSR woes 

"Still only 22" back in full effect..... I heard that one before?  Pretty sure it was to describe another Belgian player with immense physique who never applied himself to being the best he could be. 

Signing an unknown player for £35m and selling for £50m is only a success cos I think we've got £20m more than he's worth. 

reality is - he should be an incredible player but won't be.  Can't kick a ball, switches off, plays well within himself.

will go on to earn millions out of the game without ever really making a mark imo cos he just hasn't got that in him. Great business 

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

"Still only 22" back in full effect..... I heard that one before?  Pretty sure it was to describe another Belgian player with immense physique who never applied himself to being the best he could be. 

Frightening how good that other Belgian could have been then… his country’s greatest ever goal scorer, multiple cup/titles, worldwide recognition and Ballon d’or nominations - not many can boast that kind of career - certainly not many who have played for us in the Premier League era.

Leaves a massive hole in the squad - who will get the crowd going when we win a throw in?  Who will - in spite of his size and physique - roll around and shithouse it up at the first tackle even when we have an advantage in play?  Who will preen and posture before missing a penalty limply?  Sorry. Onana doesn't deserve this facetiousness really but i couldn't resist it.  He never really ever lived up to expectations or the hype but we've both done well out this transfer, and was a good well spoken polite lad.  Wish him well at Villa, and suspect a better team will bring more out of him.