IGNORED

Amadou Onana

All in all Belgium didn't do much in Euro 24. However, from all reports it looked like Onana played pretty well and has generally been praised for his performances. 

Seem to be lots of stories of pleny of clubs after his signanture in the past few weeks  - read Aston Villa, Man U, Arsenal, Barcelona, Bayen Munich and PSG. If there is that much interest from some big clubs, I would like to think we should be looking to double our money on him if at all possible - £60M maybe with a decent sell on kick back.

28 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Bobble said Obama wants it to go through before returning to training..... clearly been given the elbow by dyche 

Could see it last season mate. Still think there is a serious player there to be unlocked & wouldn't be surprised if he does well at Villa. Good deal for both parties this. Hopefully we can get another DM & 2 wingers from this money.

1 hour ago, Btay said:

Could see it last season mate. Still think there is a serious player there to be unlocked & wouldn't be surprised if he does well at Villa. Good deal for both parties this. Hopefully we can get another DM & 2 wingers from this money.

3 players more, yes...from this money no.  Wouldn't be confident in getting the right caliber of player if we are getting 3 at 15M per player (Lille due 4-5M of quotes fee).

Another 100k per wk of the wage bill is an added bonus. 

In an ideal world I would rather he stayed but we all knew this was inevitable and to bring in £71M this summer without losing anyone from the staring XI is good business

Think we are staring to look a little thin in CM now though, we are only a couple of injuries away from seeing Holgate start in midfield again

52 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

In an ideal world I would rather he stayed but we all knew this was inevitable and to bring in £71M this summer without losing anyone from the staring XI is good business

Think we are staring to look a little thin in CM now though, we are only a couple of injuries away from seeing Holgate start in midfield again

Feel like we need at least 2 more wing players, 2 holding midfielders and a centre back. The centre back can be one for the future mind, but the midfielders and wingers should ideally be able to compete with Gana, Garner, McNeil and Harrison for a starting spot.

That’s in the hypothetical that Branthwaite and DCL both stay, which still seems unlikely to me.

1 hour ago, Matt Tiger said:

Not to mention, 50m for a player of his age and caliber in central midfield just isn’t a big enough fee. Thrilled to keep branthwaite of course, but not happy with this at all. 

Unfortunately I don't that is a given 😔

50m isn’t bad. I would accept that. 
Dissapoibted to lose a first team player for that much though, and he is a first team player. Yes he got dropped for a few matches…. But so did Harrison, McNeil, Garner, Gana, and all but a couple of players in the team. 

But 50m is a decent enough return for him as it stands. We 100% need to replace though as I don’t think Gana can do a full season this season coming.

2 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

3 players more, yes...from this money no.  Wouldn't be confident in getting the right caliber of player if we are getting 3 at 15M per player (Lille due 4-5M of quotes fee).

Another 100k per wk of the wage bill is an added bonus. 

We're going to have a sell on fee if Villa move him on (likely) too.

53 minutes ago, Hoof_It_Nev said:

I guess we bought young talent, used him for a couple of years and sold him on for a profit. It's what we should be doing. Maybe worth wages and fees and sell on percentages that might not be the case, but I think there's no real loss here. 

Definitely not. Thought his attitude was a red cloth in the face of other players, fans, coaches etc at times. I see only profit here.