IGNORED

Armando Broja

Romey 1878

Broja was quality at Southampton a couple of years ago but has been plagued with injuries since - a loan with the option could actually prove to be a masterstroke.

I remember the data matched him to Richarlison - wide attacker rather than striker but versatile enough.

I’d be disappointed to spend big money on him but on loan, he’s certainly worth a closer examination.

we must have some spare wages that need squandering.

unfortunately, he seems to be a player who drifts from one injury to another and now come to the club already injured and having just failed a medical.

not the best transfer stratergy. 

14 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Wow I really thought we were done with our business but this seems to be happening? Maybe? 

Shame because it likely means we'll see very little of Chermiti, who I was hoping was going to get more playing time this year once he's back from injury

I think he will be 3rd choice ahead of Beto. DCL will be handled carefully to protect him, and Chermiti can play as a wide striker. So I expect him to get game time.

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I’m not following….they make it sound as though the deal with Ipswich collapsed because they didn’t like the terms of pay nothing now, pay no wages until he has recovered from injury and send him back next season if he isn’t very good….what’s not to like??!?

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

Good deal for me. Real competition for DCL. If he can get over his injury’s, he could be  top player.

Its an option to buy not obligation, so perfect for us to look at him.

Let’s hope Dom goes to Saudi or some other obscure league and we get some money on him. 

4 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

I’m not following….they make it sound as though the deal with Ipswich collapsed because they didn’t like the terms of pay nothing now, pay no wages until he has recovered from injury and send him back next season if he isn’t very good….what’s not to like??!?

I assume that the deal we brokered at the 11th hour when the move to Ipswitch collapsed.

I would guess Ipswitch deal may not have been so good. I had read that Ipswitch deal was obligation to buy if they stayed up.

1 hour ago, patto said:

Let’s hope Dom goes to Saudi or some other obscure league and we get some money on him. 

I would rather he hit form and scored some goals for us. Don’t think we’ll make much money on him at this stage. 
But banging 10 goals in for us would really help our season. 

Now if Dom and Broja could hit 10, then it would be a successful season surely.

Bit I do hope it doesn’t mean Chermiti is frozen out. I thought he was looking decent pre season.

I’m keeping an open mind on this one. If we had signed him the season after his Southampton loan I would have been ecstatic but injury and poor form since then has tempered that somewhat 

But to get him on loan with the deal we did it’s a great chance to have a look at him and see if we can get him back on track