IGNORED

Armando Broja

Romey 1878

1 hour ago, Matt Tiger said:

There are 115 PL players making 100k or more currently. If we refused to play over 80k we would say goodbye to Pickford, Tark, branthwaite, doucoure, and DCL. Say what you will about any of those players individually but we would’ve obviously been relegated without them imo. 

I agree with what you're saying, but for me personally I said I'd have 3 players maximum above the £100,000 threshold. For me that would be Pickford, Branthwaite and probably Doucoure. 

Tarks is fantastic, don't get me wrong but I wouldn't break the bank for him. DCL in his prime under Ancelotti was a £100,000 a week player but not anymore - I only want to keep him because we don't seem to have a replacement lined up.

You are right that those players helped us survive relegation, but what players helped put is in that position? It's easier said than done, but look at the model that Brighton have used to consolidate in the Premier League - cheap, hungry players that were sold for mega profit on the back of good seasons. 

There are 115 PL players making 100k or more currently. If we refused to play over 80k we would say goodbye to Pickford, Tark, branthwaite, doucoure, and DCL. Say what you will about any of those players individually but we would’ve obviously been relegated without them imo. 

Most of them 115 players will be with the top 6 I wonder how many are not earning 80k

There are 10 teams who have 3 or more players on at least 100k a week. Not sure why we're hoping our team spends less money when we're a year away from having considerably more revenue but I don't think there's much of an argument to be made that we shouldn't have a single player at $100k- $130k let alone $80k+.

18 minutes ago, Matt Tiger said:

There are 10 teams who have 3 or more players on at least 100k a week. Not sure why we're hoping our team spends less money when we're a year away from having considerably more revenue but I don't think there's much of an argument to be made that we shouldn't have a single player at $100k- $130k let alone $80k+.

If we get our scouting right we won't have to pay more than 100k you Pay big money when you sign top top players.

13 hours ago, Matt Tiger said:

I just don't agree. I've already mentioned the players who we would've lost if we weren't willing to pay that money. We don't need to give out insane 150k plus wages but we need to have a couple players over 100k or we won't be able to retain our best players.

We have had players on over 100k and it hasn’t done us any favours you’re throwing a 100k around like it’s candy. 
we have players now we can’t move on because of the wage they are on. 

16 minutes ago, Matt said:

We've just paid the wrong players too much. If you want to keep the best you need to offer the going market rate. 

We already pay above average wages for our position in the league that’s why we don’t have a problem signing players apparently Broja wants to come here he knows we pay decent wages i think McTominay will come if we approach him.

2 hours ago, patto said:

We have had players on over 100k and it hasn’t done us any favours you’re throwing a 100k around like it’s candy. 
we have players now we can’t move on because of the wage they are on. 

You say if we scout players correctly we don’t need to pay over 100k, but then the reason you don’t want to pay those wages is because we’ve paid them to the wrong players?

Round and round, round we go!

4 minutes ago, Matt Tiger said:

You say if we scout players correctly we don’t need to pay over 100k, but then the reason you don’t want to pay those wages is because we’ve paid them to the wrong players?

No matt said we’ve payed the wrong players 

8 minutes ago, Matt Tiger said:

The players we have brought in recently I’ll be surprised if any are anywhere near 60k mid 50s at most. 

20 hours ago, patto said:

If we get our scouting right we won't have to pay more than 100k you Pay big money when you sign top top players.

I tend to agree with you on this - although we'll struggle to keep them when they really excel (exhibit 1: Branthwaite). What we really must avoid, though, is signing players up to very long term deals, since it can lead to dead wood and lack of motivation (exhibit 2: Holgate). I can't believe WHam are signing Wan-Bissaka to a SEVEN year deal.

1 hour ago, Cornish Steve said:

I tend to agree with you on this - although we'll struggle to keep them when they really excel (exhibit 1: Branthwaite). What we really must avoid, though, is signing players up to very long term deals, since it can lead to dead wood and lack of motivation (exhibit 2: Holgate). I can't believe WHam are signing Wan-Bissaka to a SEVEN year deal.

Was that last Christmas?

1 hour ago, Sev said:

Here's the thing; how many of the players calculated in that average £61k bracket play regulary? And then there are the lengths of contracts, they can/will influence the salary.

The role is an important one for sure. I just did a little work because I was curious. The workbook is attached if anyone wants to look through in detail, but here's a table indicating the team salary summaries for both the total roster as well as for the top 11 earners (which I thought was a reasonable way of drilling down into first 11 caliber players):

image.png.1126963a16caf26ff39728981f0c8fb0.png

Premier League Wage Data.xlsx

17 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

I've said previously when they prove themselves they receive a pay rise let's use Tim as an example I'll be surprised if he is on more than 25k if he continues to impress we will have to increase his contract which is fair enough.

10 minutes ago, patto said:

I've said previously when they prove themselves they receive a pay rise let's use Tim as an example I'll be surprised if he is on more than 25k if he continues to impress we will have to increase his contract which is fair enough.

Exactly. You review their impact and adjust their wage accordingly. When you've got a standout player like Branthwaite, you do the same relative to the impact he's having and that makes him one of our star players so pay parity with our biggest earners is a minimum and if you're wanting to keep your star asset who's going to net you £80m profit, you maybe pay a little more now knowing you won't notice it when he's sold. Probably City next summer depending on their hearing.

49 minutes ago, Matt said:

Exactly. You review their impact and adjust their wage accordingly. When you've got a standout player like Branthwaite, you do the same relative to the impact he's having and that makes him one of our star players so pay parity with our biggest earners is a minimum and if you're wanting to keep your star asset who's going to net you £80m profit, you maybe pay a little more now knowing you won't notice it when he's sold. Probably City next summer depending on their hearing.

Let’s see does he stay first but again I would not pay him more than 100k at the moment don’t forget he is already under contract. 

Hes an 80k earner at a minimum and should be paid as such. 

What if he is leaving next summer what is the sense in giving him a big pay rise as I say he is under contract and he was delighted to sign his current deal.