IGNORED

Armando Broja

Romey 1878

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Regardless if we try for Broja I want Dom gone he wants to leave I don’t want anyone using Everton as their last option. 
but I believe we have priced him too high we should have priced him about 20m he would have probably already been sold 

5 hours ago, patto said:

Regardless if we try for Broja I want Dom gone he wants to leave I don’t want anyone using Everton as their last option. 
but I believe we have priced him too high we should have priced him about 20m he would have probably already been sold 

Has he said he wants to leave?

1 hour ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Has he said he wants to leave?

Read the room if he wanted to stay he would have signed the contract.

i think if he stays to play out his contract he will be vilified he’s in for a hard time. 

1 hour ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Or we might not have offered him what he and his agent value him at.

You would be a terrible journalist 😂

It has been reported that he'd like a move elsewhere. Doesn't mean it's accurate, but it's been reported. Regardless, I still think it's getting to the point that we need to figure it out quickly one way or the other, 

2 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Or we might not have offered him what he and his agent value him at.

You would be a terrible journalist 😂

Why would we offer him a better contract we’ve hardly got enough money to keep the club going plus he’s a possible injury risk apart from a couple of important goals he’s hardly done anything of note. 
the lad is a good player and I’m sure he’s on a decent contract anyway but he’s not special. 

14 hours ago, patto said:

Read the room if he wanted to stay he would have signed the contract.

i think if he stays to play out his contract he will be vilified he’s in for a hard time. 

I agree I don’t think he has any intention of signing a new contract with us, he will hang it out and walk on free at the end of the season, unless of course the right team comes in with the right contract then he will leave, but I struggle to see that happening because he’s not as a good as him and his team maybe think he is. 
But all we can do is wait and see the window will be over in a few weeks and that should give us a clearer understanding of what his intentions are if he still hasn’t moved or signed his contract for us. 

24 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I agree I don’t think he has any intention of signing a new contract with us, he will hang it out and walk on free at the end of the season, unless of course the right team comes in with the right contract then he will leave, but I struggle to see that happening because he’s not as a good as him and his team maybe think he is. 
But all we can do is wait and see the window will be over in a few weeks and that should give us a clearer understanding of what his intentions are if he still hasn’t moved or signed his contract for us. 

I think he wants to move now because he won’t want to play out his contract that’s very risky in case he breaks down again I’m sure if we set the right price he will get a move if not we can’t offer him a better contract. 

4 hours ago, patto said:

I think he wants to move now because he won’t want to play out his contract that’s very risky in case he breaks down again I’m sure if we set the right price he will get a move if not we can’t offer him a better contract. 

There is no way Dom should be earning anymore than he does now with us or anyone else. Doesn’t mean he won’t but he hasn’t earned that. Really he should be taking a bit of a pay cut to stay but things don’t tend to work like that. At the least his next contract should be heavily incentivized 

Guys we are talking about a player that’s in his prime years. Forget him being DCL for a second.

Imagine he plays for some other team. He is a player in his prime years. A professional forward that when in form plays for his international team. He has previous injuries that by all accounts ye he is past now. 

Does anyone expect him to be taking pay cuts, or pay as you play contracts? 
Have any of us actually been watching football for the last twenty years? It doesnt happen like that guys. 

Reality is, he will have plenty of options. He will look for the best contract he can get as he has just got engaged and wants to build a family. 

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Guys we are talking about a player that’s in his prime years. Forget him being DCL for a second.

Imagine he plays for some other team. He is a player in his prime years. A professional forward that when in form plays for his international team. He has previous injuries that by all accounts ye he is past now. 

Does anyone expect him to be taking pay cuts, or pay as you play contracts? 
Have any of us actually been watching football for the last twenty years? It doesnt happen like that guys. 

Reality is, he will have plenty of options. He will look for the best contract he can get as he has just got engaged and wants to build a family. 

I don’t see plenty of options but he obviously wants out so let him go lower the asking price now rather than the last week of the window. 

3 hours ago, patto said:

I don’t see plenty of options but he obviously wants out so let him go lower the asking price now rather than the last week of the window. 

I haven’t seen him wanting to go either, he looks very happy to be here and is in pretty much every photo shoot we do. Looked on top of the world in the stadium tour as well.

But if we’re going to listen to the minority saying he wants out…. Then we need to also listen to the minority saying teams are interested in him. We’re Everton fans… not flat earthers.

Im quite happy for him to go at the right place if he either wants to go or we want to sell him. I’m just hoping the club aren’t as brain dead as some fans and sell him without having someone solid lined up first.

5 hours ago, patto said:

Again, what is obvious about it? 

22 hours ago, Shukes said:

I haven’t seen him wanting to go either, he looks very happy to be here and is in pretty much every photo shoot we do. Looked on top of the world in the stadium tour as well.

But if we’re going to listen to the minority saying he wants out…. Then we need to also listen to the minority saying teams are interested in him. We’re Everton fans… not flat earthers.

Im quite happy for him to go at the right place if he either wants to go or we want to sell him. I’m just hoping the club aren’t as brain dead as some fans and sell him without having someone solid lined up first.

I don’t believe the club want to sell him, it would be strange to offer a player a new contract worth 7 million a year if reports on the amount are correct if the intention was to sell, but it would make sense to accept on offer for him if he doesn’t plan on signing a new contract to take him past the end of this season. 

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

I don’t believe the club want to sell him, it would be strange to offer a player a new contract worth 7 million a year if reports on the amount are correct if the intention was to sell, but it would make sense to accept on offer for him if he doesn’t plan on signing a new contract to take him past the end of this season. 

100% and I’m sure if the club feel he isn’t going to accept, they will look at alternatives. But I’m also sure they are in dialogue with him and his agent…. And not listening to Patto’s feelings that he wants out.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

100% and I’m sure if the club feel he isn’t going to accept, they will look at alternatives. But I’m also sure they are in dialogue with him and his agent…. And not listening to Patto’s feelings that he wants out.

I’m sure he will stay if you offer him 130k a week but can we afford that and fitness will he stay fit it’s a big gamble but then he might want a signing on fee off another club or he might just want a change. 

26 minutes ago, patto said:

I’m sure he will stay if you offer him 130k a week but can we afford that and fitness will he stay fit it’s a big gamble but then he might want a signing on fee off another club or he might just want a change. 

Just my personal take but I'd be looking to move to a model where only 2-3 players are on "luxury wages" which would be £100,000+ 

Given our financial status, and the fact that hand on heart we've been shite for years most of our players should not be the on big money, nor should we be looking for players expecting a bit paycheck. Signing young, hungry players on sensible contracts is the way forward IMO. Spending a zillion quid has set us back years (perhaps decades) and lessons must be learned.

18 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Just my personal take but I'd be looking to move to a model where only 2-3 players are on "luxury wages" which would be £100,000+ 

Given our financial status, and the fact that hand on heart we've been shite for years most of our players should not be the on big money, nor should we be looking for players expecting a bit paycheck. Signing young, hungry players on sensible contracts is the way forward IMO. Spending a zillion quid has set us back years (perhaps decades) and lessons must be learned.

I agree I don’t think anyone at Everton should be on anything above 80k so we don’t know what he’s been offered he may have been offered less than he is on now I think we offered Tom Davies a contract that they new he wouldn’t accept it’s like saying thanks but no thanks. 

18 hours ago, patto said:

I agree I don’t think anyone at Everton should be on anything above 80k so we don’t know what he’s been offered he may have been offered less than he is on now I think we offered Tom Davies a contract that they new he wouldn’t accept it’s like saying thanks but no thanks. 

Then our players are likely to be worse. If we stuck to that I’m not sure we’d have anyone in the top 100 paid players in the league. Can’t win like that 

10 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

Then our players are likely to be worse. If we stuck to that I’m not sure we’d have anyone in the top 100 paid players in the league. Can’t win like that 

The average as far as i know is 65k