IGNORED

Next Manager

MC11

9 minutes ago, MC11 said:

So so difficult to see how any manager comes in and starts getting results. 

Exactly. If we were unable to get a result at home, with Dunc having the new-manager bounce, and with a full squad, how the hell are we going to find results elsewhere? 

Dark days ahead it seems...

11 hours ago, MC11 said:

Doucoure for all his running and energy can’t pass a ball absolutely dreadful. Gomes is like a ballet dancer in there, too lightweight. Allan I like but legs gone. 

Now take McGinn from Villa. That’s a proper player. Clever, aggressive and hungry he stuck it right on us from the start and we shit. We are so weak in the middle of the park it’s ludicrous you think otherwise. 

Allan carried the ball past three Villa players on one run. Legs gone or not, he's our most important player right now.

8 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I honestly didn’t think Villa were any better than us today, both sides grafted but not much in the way of quality

A draw would have been a fair result, the difference once again was our inability to defend set pieces

I think so, too. The teams were well-matched. If DC-L was back to full strength, Allan was started and not Gomes, and Gordon was started and not Townsend, I suspect we'd have been the better side.

12 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I honestly didn’t think Villa were any better than us today, both sides grafted but not much in the way of quality

A draw would have been a fair result, the difference once again was our inability to defend set pieces

We play like that every week and results will come.

Some fans seem to think we have right to win, we don’t. Sometimes you are the better team… which we were, but things don’t go your way and you lose.

Moat fans know that was a marked Improvement on anything we’ve seen recently.

8 hours ago, StevO said:

Duncan saying after the game today “I’m on the floor”, one of the reasons he can’t be the manager. It’s great how emotional he is, and that he loves the club like we do, but we need a manager with a level head. A calm and cool presence in the bad times, as well as being able to motivate. If a loss kills him then it’s nice that he feels it like we do, but he needs to be able to let it go and be right back at it as soon as it’s over. Appreciate him for the effort though. 

Pretty sure he has already picked himself up and is working on how to get the next result.

We've had these calm collected managers for far to long, and they’ve let us plod along. That’s the last thing we need right now.

We need the players to feel it from the manager, staff and fans.

Up till now it’s been the fans keying the players k ow we’re disappointed, then a manager telling them it will all be ok if we keep plodding on. Fuck that, I want to see passion and players responding. If yesterday is anything to go by, then we’ve at least taken a step in the right direction.

8 minutes ago, Shukes said:

We play like that every week and results will come.

Some fans seem to think we have right to win, we don’t. Sometimes you are the better team… which we were, but things don’t go your way and you lose.

Moat fans know that was a marked Improvement on anything we’ve seen recently.

I actually don’t think it was an improvement at all. Same as under Rafa. The only thing I saw differently was Mina marshalling the defence. 

Once again the bright spark was Anthony Gordon who should have started.

This was no different than the Brighton game. 

7 minutes ago, MC11 said:

I actually don’t think it was an improvement at all. Same as under Rafa. The only thing I saw differently was Mina marshalling the defence. 

Once again the bright spark was Anthony Gordon who should have started.

This was no different than the Brighton game. 

We see it different that’s all.

I saw us fighting a lot more, I saw 15 efforts in the second half. More touches in the opposition box than the last three matches together.

I saw changes made very early, so they have a chance of impacting the game… and they did. 

On another day we score 3 of those chances. People have mentioned Dons moss, two from Mina. But Grays miss has to be the pick of the bunch…. He is usually so reliable with efforts like that. 

Agree, Gordon was excellent. Absolute must to start next match. His quality deserved more.

We creat chances like that every week and we’ll score goals, no doubt.

35 minutes ago, Shukes said:

We see it different that’s all.

I saw us fighting a lot more, I saw 15 efforts in the second half. More touches in the opposition box than the last three matches together.

I saw changes made very early, so they have a chance of impacting the game… and they did. 

On another day we score 3 of those chances. People have mentioned Dons moss, two from Mina. But Grays miss has to be the pick of the bunch…. He is usually so reliable with efforts like that. 

Agree, Gordon was excellent. Absolute must to start next match. His quality deserved more.

We creat chances like that every week and we’ll score goals, no doubt.

Wouldn’t disagree with any of that. But we also saw a three man midfield show why we need to be playing with a three man midfield ourselves. 

The reason for calm is exactly because what we saw was an improvement. But the players need to know it was an improvement and hear it from a calm voice. Not someone who is as drained as them after the game. I love the man, but there is still nothing I see from him that makes me want him as the manager other than a bit of romance in me would like him to do well. 

1 minute ago, StevO said:

Wouldn’t disagree with any of that. But we also saw a three man midfield show why we need to be playing with a three man midfield ourselves. 

The reason for calm is exactly because what we saw was an improvement. But the players need to know it was an improvement and hear it from a calm voice. Not someone who is as drained as them after the game. I love the man, but there is still nothing I see from him that makes me want him as the manager other than a bit of romance in me would like him to do well. 

That’s fair enough. 
I often speak of my own experiences though. I was that player who the manager came in at half time and shouted at, and told me their winger was taking the piss out of me. I would sit there brooding and go out second half with a point to prove.

So a lot of my wanting passion and emotion comes from that I suppose. I do recognise  that I’m a bit of a freak though haha.

If it is Rooney or Lampard, I’m fine with this - I’d much prefer Rooney due to his connection with the club but as StevO has alluded to with Dunc, maybe it could work both ways.

I feel either appointment would bring a new direction and both would focus on youth and look to play decent football with ‘modern’ ideas.

For me, it’s as much as who they can bring with them in terms of coaches. I’ve seen Carsley mentioned with Rooney - he’s a really highly rated coach but I’d hope Lampard could poach this chap who he brought to Chelsea: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Barry_(footballer)

An ex-blue youth who is widely thought of as one of the best.

Rooney and Lampard has done it all and will have that aura about them for younger lads to aspire to and that will be massive but this set of players need coaching - how many different ideas in the past 6 years or whatever? Gbamin has had more managers than starts since he’s been here!!!

Time to get it right Everton - Rooney or Lampard will be the face of it but we need to get it right behind the scenes - especially on the training ground.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

That’s fair enough. 
I often speak of my own experiences though. I was that player who the manager came in at half time and shouted at, and told me their winger was taking the piss out of me. I would sit there brooding and go out second half with a point to prove.

So a lot of my wanting passion and emotion comes from that I suppose. I do recognise  that I’m a bit of a freak though haha.

If you ever listen to any ex Arsenal players talk about how things changed when Wenger came in and it’s really interesting. They were used to being shouted at by Graham and Rioch and people like that. 
Wengers first game, half time the players are all shouting at each other. When they finished they expected Wenger to shout. He sits down in front of them, asks have they finished, and then tells them if they do these three things out on the pitch in the second half they will win the game. Just talking to them. No shouting, just clear, simple instructions. I know this was a long time ago now, but players (and people in general) only go so far with being screamed and shouted at. If that happens to people on a daily basis they switch off. Apart from you, but you’re some kind of fucking deviant! 😂

When comparing experiences think about your experiences at work rather than at football. Then it’s a bit more similar. 😂

2 minutes ago, BedfordBlue said:

Just watched the video of the fans having a go at Bill makes me ashamed to be an Everton supporter

Fell right into Kenwrights hands.

The dramatic screenplay of the 70 year old bloke being heckled by the peasants of Goodison Road. Well done Bill another one for the sympathy vote. 

2 minutes ago, BedfordBlue said:

Just watched the video of the fans having a go at Bill makes me ashamed to be an Everton supporter

There was nothing wrong with it. The clip I seen there was no swearing of rudeness. Frustrated fans asking why 27 years we have been run appallingly.

he said we have had good times!?!!

exactly the reason why we have won fuck all. 

1 minute ago, Hafnia said:

There was nothing wrong with it. The clip I seen there was no swearing of rudeness. Frustrated fans asking why 27 years we have been run appallingly.

he said we have had good times!?!!

exactly the reason why we have won fuck all. 

Hes right though it's not easy to win things, for large parts of that 27 years we had no money and t think we did well to be top half for most of it. You can't fault Moshari for effort thrown money at it just doesn't have the knowledge. What do these people want Moshari gone taking his money with him new ground stops and the club going into financial ruin.

8 minutes ago, BedfordBlue said:

Hes right though it's not easy to win things, for large parts of that 27 years we had no money and t think we did well to be top half for most of it. You can't fault Moshari for effort thrown money at it just doesn't have the knowledge. What do these people want Moshari gone taking his money with him new ground stops and the club going into financial ruin.

The issue is Bill Kenwright has been on our board for all the period of shit decisions and direction.

he has a calamitous series of decisions that he is responsible for which made our existence so difficult.

Moyes saved his bacon big time.  Our club was getting fleeced because he got us in bed with Phillip Green.

his comment that’s we have had good times is an insult. Kenwright is the main reason we’ve had no money 

34 minutes ago, Harv said:

Where does all this leave Big Dunc. Just thinking about a new guy coming in and saying I want my own assistant manager. 

To be honest, if he genuinely wants to become a manager why hasn’t he tried to gain experience elsewhere? He’s been under all the failed managers surely that says something isn’t right? I also think other managers should get the opportunity to bring their own staff in. Why should they all take Duncan on under their wing? 

Duncan needs to go.

1 hour ago, c1982 said:

If it is Rooney or Lampard, I’m fine with this - I’d much prefer Rooney due to his connection with the club but as StevO has alluded to with Dunc, maybe it could work both ways.

I feel either appointment would bring a new direction and both would focus on youth and look to play decent football with ‘modern’ ideas.

For me, it’s as much as who they can bring with them in terms of coaches. I’ve seen Carsley mentioned with Rooney - he’s a really highly rated coach but I’d hope Lampard could poach this chap who he brought to Chelsea: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Barry_(footballer)

An ex-blue youth who is widely thought of as one of the best.

Rooney and Lampard has done it all and will have that aura about them for younger lads to aspire to and that will be massive but this set of players need coaching - how many different ideas in the past 6 years or whatever? Gbamin has had more managers than starts since he’s been here!!!

Time to get it right Everton - Rooney or Lampard will be the face of it but we need to get it right behind the scenes - especially on the training ground.

I had a proper chuckle on the comment about Gbamin having more managers than starts! 

1 hour ago, BedfordBlue said:

No one is asking Moshiri to leave. He’s being asked to employ experts into the top positions of the club. 

Are you just assuming these people see Moshiri and Kenwright as one entity?

Does anyone know if ‘Wolf’ from Gladiators is available? ‘Wolf’ from Gladiators May have no direct football  experience but ‘Wolf’ from Gladiators’ record on Gladiators speaks for itself. ´Wolf’ from Gladiators’ ‘Wolf’ power might be just the thing we need to propel us up the league and get that Europa league slot this season. Just imagine us running out from the tunnel before a game with ‘Wolf’ from Gladiators leading the charge, with the theme from Gladiators belting out over the tannoy. Are you really telling me that’s a sight you don’t want to see?

1 minute ago, badaids said:

Does anyone know if ‘Wolf’ from Gladiators is available? ‘Wolf’ from Gladiators May have no direct football  experience but ‘Wolf’ from Gladiators’ record on Gladiators speaks for itself. ´Wolf’ from Gladiators’ ‘Wolf’ power might be just the thing we need to propel us up the league and get that Europa league slot this season. Just imagine us running out from the tunnel before a game with ‘Wolf’ from Gladiators leading the charge, with the theme from Gladiators belting out over the tannoy. Are you really telling me that’s a sight you don’t want to see?

That’s some heavy heavy drugs you’ve been taking mate 😕 

19 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

It leaves him exactly where he currently is; with a job for life.

He put drinks behind the bar! 
Don’t you think this at least deserves a go till the end of the season?

I mean did Alex Ferguson ever do that? Does Pep do this?

I don’t think so! It’s not all about what happens on the pitch you know.