IGNORED

Dwight McNeil

Aidan

12 minutes ago, Sev said:

Any professional football player should be able to use the weaker foot when needed.

Also, it doesn't help playing out of position.

Playing him centrally was insane. His lack of a right foot is limiting enough when he plays out wide.

he has to be dropped imo. 

6 minutes ago, Matt Tiger said:

Playing him centrally was insane. His lack of a right foot is limiting enough when he plays out wide.

he has to be dropped imo. 

I just think he has to be played in the right way.. I think he can contribute with a lot if Dyche got the balls for setting up the team differently.

But playing him central is of course foolish in any book.

He's shit.

At one point we had a chance of a run at goal after they passed the ball to DCL on the half way line. Dom gave him the ball and due to his right foot being nothing more than decoration he had to run towards our own goal instead and then passed it to one of our CB's.

2 hours ago, London Blue said:

He is a good player out of form, and has been for a while. Now we have options lets drop him until he gets his mojo back.

This might be controversial as I'm sentimental on him given his domestic issues but how long can we be the care home for players who need tlc?  I include Dele in this. We are a PL club striving to go forward so need the players who can take us there.

4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

He's shit.

At one point we had a chance of a run at goal after they passed the ball to DCL on the half way line. Dom gave him the ball and due to his right foot being nothing more than decoration he had to run towards our own goal instead and then passed it to one of our CB's.

The amount of times this happened was crazy. Seems a lovely bloke and all but a really shit footballer 

I’ve said he was a poor player for the last 2 seasons I had every excuse thrown at me about him personal life as to why, but the reality is and always has been no matter what’s happening behind the scenes he’s just not good enough for this level, yes he will do something fantastic in every 10-15 games to make the fans think there is a decent player in there, but he lacks any consistency to turn those moments into his general game. 
Definitely out of his depth and needs to be dropped and sold on. 

12 hours ago, London Blue said:

He is a good player out of form, and has been for a while. Now we have options lets drop him until he gets his mojo back.

Sorry dude but he's never been a good player. He's a 1 foot wonder and it massively limits his play especially when he's half hearted on the pitch. The only reason we see him so much is because we didn't have options. Now that we do, he needs a few months out of everything, not just the squad, so he can rest and recover a bit. Not from football, but all the private stuff he's been carrying for 2 years.

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Sorry dude but he's never been a good player. He's a 1 foot wonder and it massively limits his play especially when he's half hearted on the pitch. The only reason we see him so much is because we didn't have options. Now that we do, he needs a few months out of everything, not just the squad, so he can rest and recover a bit. Not from football, but all the private stuff he's been carrying for 2 years.

I massively agree he needs time out, and less pressure, so he can recover, but I think he is a good player, if very left footed.

3 hours ago, London Blue said:

I massively agree he needs time out, and less pressure, so he can recover, but I think he is a good player, if very left footed.

I'll always try and find the positive when it comes to Everton, despite it being a near impossible and thankless task. However...

His left foot is a wand but that's his entire game plan. He has no creativity, his work rate is very poor and he stops many more attacks than he facilitates or creates. All that's said, most of that could be because of the mental load of his private life but then either he needs to offer to step back (not going to happen, he wants to help) or Dyche needs to drop him (until now not been an option).

4 hours ago, Matt Tiger said:

If Dyche ever plays him as a 10 again I’ll run through traffic. His one footedness is hard enough on the wing. 

His one footedness is off the scale- it's a wand of a foot though. Not sure what position he's playing - genuinely love the lad but don't think dyche helps him. He needs stability 

8 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I think he staring to prove he can be very effective in that number 10 role, he had a really good game yesterday 

His through ball to Myko for the goal against Doncaster was quality as was his assist for DCL yesterday

Perhaps but he will always be extremely limited centrally with only 1 foot.

18 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I think he staring to prove he can be very effective in that number 10 role, he had a really good game yesterday 

His through ball to Myko for the goal against Doncaster was quality as was his assist for DCL yesterday

It’s not a role I want to see him in, he’s too one footed, therefore incredibly one dimensional, if he could use both feet I’d say absolutely yes, as he can play some lovely through balls, but being one dimensional defenders know exactly which way he needs to turn/play.