IGNORED

Manchester United (Carabao Cup Home) Wednesday 23 December

markjazzbassist

Just now, Bailey said:

Jesus Christ... Tosun tried a pass that was never making it and they counter 2 nil.

I have to question the merit of Davies sitting deep as a centre back though. Against the counter he is the last man you want back there! 

Look at Davies position for their first goal!!

in the back 4 allowing Pogba all the space he wants. 

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

Jesus Christ... Tosun tried a pass that was never making it and they counter 2 nil.

I have to question the merit of Davies sitting deep as a centre back though. Against the counter he is the last man you want back there! 

Gomes, Delph, Davies can't be seen as options for our midfield.... If they are then it means we need to buy players 

I dont think we deserved anything from that match. You can talk about squads but we never really showed up bar a bit of huffing and puffing in the middle of the game. 

I think Mina and Siggy were the best of the pack with the latter edging it. 

The rest were well below the level. Bernard and Davies really didn't add anything to the game either, in fact they were ghosts. 

There is always the FA Cup!

Silver lining (nothing to do with the game of course). If anyone other than Brentford win the cup, which is highly unlikely then an extra Europa League place will be awarded through the league, so something to look forward to in May I suppose. 

Gutted I must say, desperate for a cup win but it's a little bit of a dream for reasons I've already mentioned - our best bet was penalties tonight which is never ideal.

3 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Well that's quite an overreaction. Iwobi's been doing pretty well for us lately. Can't have a glistening performance every time he goes out, especially with these fixtures so packed

Don't bite mate, I'm convinced that that account is just a wind up (probably a Kopite). All the positivity of week long funeral - the ignore function is a wonderful tool.

Just now, Hafnia said:

By a player being injured do you mean that they don't run,? In which case the sub was justified

Davies can’t run. He’s too slow and offers nothing.

I put a stat up last game. He had 5 touches of the ball in 40 mins. 

We are a man down every time he plays.

he infuriates me 

Think the fact Utd where able to make 9 changes and still put out a team of world class player pretty much summed that game up. We looked tired in the second half, especially towards the last quarter. 

Utd deserved it in the end, so can't complain to much. it wasn't a stinker of a performance, and we had our moments.  Just go to dust ourselves off ready for the weekend. 

We put in a much better performances that the last time we played them.

13 minutes ago, milesey05 said:

Davies can’t run. He’s too slow and offers nothing.

I put a stat up last game. He had 5 touches of the ball in 40 mins. 

We are a man down every time he plays.

he infuriates me 

He's not good enough I agree. But if he is playing then you need to be asking why he's playing.

He's been used instead of Gomes, Gylfi, Delph, Schneiderlein - all for legitimate "offers more" reasons... Every single one of them has more talent than Davies, so on that basis alone I think you need to accept that our club has had millions blown on players who have stolen a living but the lad who cost us nothing gets the hate 

42 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Well that's quite an overreaction. Iwobi's been doing pretty well for us lately. Can't have a glistening performance every time he goes out, especially with these fixtures so packed

Iwobi doing well recently? Or just putting in some performances that were better than his usual horror shows?

tonight he was back to his dreadful self.

imo he will never be good enough to wear the shirt. 

I won’t go into the other 2 players as I’ve made my feelings quite clear. 

I could go to town on a few individuals tonight because a few of them really stood out for being shit, but when you're just judging various shades of shit what's the point?

I'm just so disappointed with the performance because we didn't look like we went out there to win that game. So in that respect I suppose I'm a bit disappointed in the manager as well. I can't for the life of me work out what the game plan was to be honest. Was it to let United have the ball and then counter on them? But, if that was the plan why did we just stroll around and not put any pressure on them to win the ball back? And how were we going to counter attack with very little pace? Why when we did manage to get the ball did we play painfully slowly and let United smother us and win the ball back effortlessly?

It's just typical Everton, isn't it? Any time there's a chance of doing anything, or there's any expectation, they bottle it. Tonight was no different.

Honestly no point in player DCL for this game if this was how we were going to play. Absolutely wasted him. 

Few players need a hard look at themselves. However I feel we rolled to dice once too many times and didn’t rotate enough, in saying that - bernard was horrible when he came on.

Really not sure what Gordon has to do.

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

if that’s what you set out to do, and if you’re happy with that performance, I’d be afraid you started on the Christmas grappa too early Carlo. 

good to hear Richarlison is ok though 

To be fair to Carlo, I imagine he is just trying to take some of the focus of the performance and the real questions will be asked in the dressing room.

2 minutes ago, Bailey said:

To be fair to Carlo, I imagine he is just trying to take some of the focus of the performance and the real questions will be asked in the dressing room.

Oh I’m sure, but there were a couple of phrases that didn’t need to be said. Although his agitated manner probably speaks more truthfully than his words. 

sometime player can only play as well as the opposition team let you play - no matter on what tactics you go on to the pitch with. Utd played well tonight, and they had some very good players on the pitch - Worldies. Players who's transfer fees and wages dwarf what we have shelled out.  Out squad is nowhere near as good as there's -  so we are still underdogs when we play these teams.

To win these games we still need to rely on either us having a cracking performance, them having an off day, or just that bit of luck on the day.