IGNORED

Dele

RuffRob

My feeling on this is he wants to repay us - the only stumbling block will be that awful club who is run by the most tight fisted man in football.

Id be fuckin embarrassed if a top player had an addiction that started from our club doctors giving out sleeping tablets.  Yeah he went rogue and sourced his own but spurs actually got him on the "let's artificially get you ready for sleep when you are wired after a night game".

Just now, Matt said:

Wonder if we can get Tranmere to sign him up and loan him to us and we buy one of theirs to give them some money for helping out?

There will be a way around it. Levy is vile though... probably made the contract iron clad. 

let the lad play footy - scandalous it really is. £10m in wages for - handful of games and they want £10m fee??? 

33 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Genuinely excited by this.

The lad seems a good soul. The way he spoke of Everton in his interview with Neville was striking....  it was like he was genuinely grateful 

As much as I appreciate the club helping him out, I struggle to see him being good or fit enough any more. Any justification of him staying on the wage bill would have to be minimal weekly wage or appearance based.

41 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

As much as I appreciate the club helping him out, I struggle to see him being good or fit enough any more. Any justification of him staying on the wage bill would have to be minimal weekly wage or appearance based.

I think Dyche and the coaches will have a good idea where Dele is at with two or three weeks pre season. A sensible wage structure and contract needs to be agreed. 

Spurs and Everton coming to a revised agreement is common sense for both clubs. if he walks away to another club, and comes good - then both Spurs and Everton miss out.

potentially could be a massive player for us. not a massive gamble if sensible wage and contract. 

5 hours ago, Quinn31 said:

Watch the videos. You’ll see how fit he is. He’s probably fitter than me.

On 12/07/2024 at 12:12, RuffRob said:

I think Dyche and the coaches will have a good idea where Dele is at with two or three weeks pre season. A sensible wage structure and contract needs to be agreed. 

Spurs and Everton coming to a revised agreement is common sense for both clubs. if he walks away to another club, and comes good - then both Spurs and Everton miss out.

potentially could be a massive player for us. not a massive gamble if sensible wage and contract. 

Yeah this is my thought too. The risk reward is so good for us. If it doesn’t work out it’s not the end of the world. If it does he’s twice as talented as anyone in the squad and would really want to be here. Even a less version would be good business and he’s only 28 without too many miles.

1 hour ago, RuffRob said:

bit of credit to Spurs on this front and doing the right thing by both Dele and Everton to hopefully give him the best chance to get both his career back on track.

Nope, this is not them doing the right thing at all and is them looking after themselves only. If they didn’t change the terms and he signs with someone else Spurs are guaranteed to receive absolutely fuck all. This way there’s still a chance of them making money. 

9 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

While we’ve demonstrated the spirit of the club by helping Dele through a very difficult time, we can’t afford to be sentimental on the pitch. To be a top team again, we must be ruthless. I’m sure Dele knows this and wants to make it based on merit alone. 

And I think a happy Dele is a very positive thing for him and the team.

4 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

While we’ve demonstrated the spirit of the club by helping Dele through a very difficult time, we can’t afford to be sentimental on the pitch. To be a top team again, we must be ruthless. I’m sure Dele knows this and wants to make it based on merit alone. 

You honestly think dyche would let a player back in the fold for charitable reasons?  I'm not his biggest fan but that's not him at all 

26 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

You honestly think dyche would let a player back in the fold for charitable reasons?  I'm not his biggest fan but that's not him at all 

No, I don’t think that at all. A few posts earlier in the thread mentioned sentimentality, to which I was responding.

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Boston Toffee said:

So will Dele be signed? Seems to have gone quiet unless I missed somrthing

I thought that it was already agreed with Spurs blessing, I could be mistaken because so much shite gets posted it’s not always clear what’s fiction or nonfiction.