IGNORED

Dele

RuffRob

On 25/04/2024 at 07:46, Matt said:

He's recovering from a serious injury though.

He is mate, and this is why I feel we keep him in training and asses him. 

If h returns strong and has something to offer then we can offer him what we feel he is worth. 

A half on form Deli can still still offer us something for little expenditure.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I really hope he does starts pre-season wth us, and is able to show the coaching staff he fit, sharp and hungery and that he is worth another punt.

If Dele is anywhere near his former best he is a +£50m player. He is also now familiar with Everton, so none of that new player bedding in period. If he ticks all the boxes for Dyche et al in preseason, then maybe worth a £5M or so punt if we can do that sort of deal with Spurs. Get very little these days for that money.  

Dele overcoming his 'issues' and becoming a top player again, is very much a fairytale story - and it would be great to see that happening in a Everton shirt. Not that Dele's rehabilitation is as about this - but good exposure of the club and players at the club does no harm these days when your alwasy looking for the next sponsership and commercial deals. A Dele comeback will get a lot of attention.  

I would be willing and happy to give him another chance. There is still a player there.

Owen Hargreaves did a similar things when he was out of contract. He ended up getting back to fitness and having a good few successful years. 

Im a big believer in second chances. We all have one life and shouldn’t be cast away like leftover takeaway food. Give the lad a chance to complete his effort and show what he is capable of.

I wouldn’t want to give him a multi year deal but seems like we’d be making a mistake if we’ve helped him come back mentally and physically these past few years and didn’t allow him a one year deal to come back and prove himself on the pitch. 

21 minutes ago, Gwlad said:

Misunderstood the deal. Thought we paid if he made so many appearances or returned to them at end of contract. 

No, he was ours. We did have to pay them money after a certain amount of appearances but there was no returning him because he wasn't a Spurs player, he was an Everton player.

10 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Looks very lean on the footage I seen of 1st day pre season.   Many Everton fans are saying get rid - I'm a romantic and love a good come back.  Would love it if he could do it here.

Special mention to spurs...... you had a rolls Royce - you put something in its engine that ruined the car.  Rather than fix the car you looked to cash in and hope the problem wouldn't be spotted.  Yeah..... we knew it wasn't running right but didn't know why.   Weve have had it in the garage getting TLC but can't drive it cos you lot are a greedy, money mad bunch who don't care about players. 

I have the feeling dele wants to repay us. It's whether we can get past the legal wrangles. 

I feel the same. But this post made me laugh, love the Rolls Royce idea. 😂

On 09/07/2024 at 09:27, Hafnia said:

Looks very lean on the footage I seen of 1st day pre season.   Many Everton fans are saying get rid - I'm a romantic and love a good come back.  Would love it if he could do it here.

Special mention to spurs...... you had a rolls Royce - you put something in its engine that ruined the car.  Rather than fix the car you looked to cash in and hope the problem wouldn't be spotted.  Yeah..... we knew it wasn't running right but didn't know why.   Weve have had it in the garage getting TLC but can't drive it cos you lot are a greedy, money mad bunch who don't care about players. 

I have the feeling dele wants to repay us. It's whether we can get past the legal wrangles. 

I know you’re an old romantic😘 but letting your heart rule your head doesn’t make sense, would you pay someone Rolls Royce money when all we may get in return is a Skoda performance😀

29 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I know you’re an old romantic😘 but letting your heart rule your head doesn’t make sense, would you pay someone Rolls Royce money when all we may get in return is a Skoda performance😀

Well that all depends if you have the garage and facilities to work on that Skoda and turn it into a Rolls Royce again. 

We may actually get a Rolls Royce for the price of a mid range Volvo.

On 09/07/2024 at 09:27, Hafnia said:

I am with you on this.

Some of the main attributes you want from any player who puts the Everton shirt on is hunger and desire to do his very best with that shirt on his back. I really think Dele is in this position. If he does stay at Everton this season it will not be becasue we offer him the biggest wages he can get, it will be becasue he wants to player for Everton. 

If during the pre-season Dyche and his staff are seeing he as anywhere near the player he used to be we would be foolish not to sign him up with him already in the building. 

A Dele come back would be a massivlely positive story, throughout football, and we should be the club assossiated with any come back.

Yes, an element of financial financial risk with him staying, but there is a risk with any player signed up. We are obvoisley not going to sign him up on a 5year deal at £100K a week, but a 1 year deal with extension options is fine. If he ends up looking like the player he used to be then we will take if from there. This season Dele needs that opertunity to play in the PL again much more than big wages. 

Imagine him signing on a free to somebody else and then looking like a Worldie again? 

3 hours ago, Shukes said:

Well that all depends if you have the garage and facilities to work on that Skoda and turn it into a Rolls Royce again. 

We may actually get a Rolls Royce for the price of a mid range Volvo.

This is becoming a car fest. 

On 09/07/2024 at 10:27, Hafnia said:

Same but I hope it's a sensible contract