IGNORED

Allan

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

He wasn’t in the Napoli team last night is that a sign that he is definitely leaving soon, or does anyone know why he wasn’t playing. 
I don’t know where those odds originated from but I very much like them. 

He was on the bench.

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

He wasn’t in the Napoli team last night is that a sign that he is definitely leaving soon, or does anyone know why he wasn’t playing. 
I don’t know where those odds originated from but I very much like them. 

He hasn't played much all season, not sure if thats through to injury or not. Think I've heard he's not first choice anymore.

9 minutes ago, DownUnderToff said:

Too much.  CM is the priority but really not sold on this one, and growing to despise Napoli.  30m in current market would be equivalent to what last year? 50?  For a 29 yr old Bench player for them, who they want to shift (rift with club exec).  Crazy.

But that is a bench player for a champions league club. 
Just like Digne was. 

Would he be a bench player for them if there wasn’t issues with the club? Carlo used to pick him a lot didn’t he?

40 minutes ago, DownUnderToff said:

Too much.  CM is the priority but really not sold on this one, and growing to despise Napoli.  30m in current market would be equivalent to what last year? 50?  For a 29 yr old Bench player for them, who they want to shift (rift with club exec).  Crazy.

Think he is exactly the type of player we need at the club - ideally I would rather he was a couple of years younger and maybe £5M cheaper - Be we are desperate for some kind of catalyst in the middle to break down opposition and rapidly turn defence in to attach.  Think he could be a big cog in the wheel for us to get more out of out attacking players. Allan is supposed to be a very good player on the ball as well. We need a player who can hopefully do a great job instantly in this position. I don't mind the club paying slightly over the odds to get a player of quality in at this position. Hopefully Gbamin will develop over the next few seasons as an understudy. I am a believer that if you get this part of the park right , it brings a confidence to a team - allowing a lot of other area to flourish. Defence know they have a shield in front of them or  covering player and offensive players are on their toes anticipating  a potential counter attack.    Like I said I think he will be a good catalyst to get better performances out of other player at the club. 

I would be genuinely optimistic if we signed him. 

56 minutes ago, DownUnderToff said:

I’m usually of the same opinion of players not currently in their existing team. But this is just the type of player we are crying out for, high energy, tough, fighter, and with that little added panache that these types don’t usually have.

This is the one I really want to come off.

Totally stereotyping/generalizing here as I've never once seen him play that I can recall - I've always liked the Brazilians with some bite in their game. They're generally few and far between but when you find one it's a good thing because every Brazilian has technical ability. Thinking of Gilberto Silva, fernandinho, casemiro in particular. Even someone as good as Paulinho, Ramires, or Lucas Leiva would be a significant improvement on our current options. 

3 hours ago, RuffRob said:

Think he is exactly the type of player we need at the club - ideally I would rather he was a couple of years younger and maybe £5M cheaper - Be we are desperate for some kind of catalyst in the middle to break down opposition and rapidly turn defence in to attach.  Think he could be a big cog in the wheel for us to get more out of out attacking players. Allan is supposed to be a very good player on the ball as well. We need a player who can hopefully do a great job instantly in this position. I don't mind the club paying slightly over the odds to get a player of quality in at this position. Hopefully Gbamin will develop over the next few seasons as an understudy. I am a believer that if you get this part of the park right , it brings a confidence to a team - allowing a lot of other area to flourish. Defence know they have a shield in front of them or  covering player and offensive players are on their toes anticipating  a potential counter attack.    Like I said I think he will be a good catalyst to get better performances out of other player at the club. 

I would be genuinely optimistic if we signed him. 

I agree - although I'd change the metaphor slightly - Allan is the key to tightening our defence and turning our garden furniture midfield around. 🙂    

50 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Usually a decent Italian source.

Christ, though. Between the transfer fee, plus wages, plus bonuses....we're talking about a nearly 40m move for a guy who'll turn 30 in 6 months. Don't get me wrong, he sounds like the exact thing we need to solidify our midfield, but that fee seems a little steep. Especially with covid-prices.

3 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Christ, though. Between the transfer fee, plus wages, plus bonuses....we're talking about a nearly 40m move for a guy who'll turn 30 in 6 months. Don't get me wrong, he sounds like the exact thing we need to solidify our midfield, but that fee seems a little steep. Especially with covid-prices.

I'm not so sure how much the market has been affected. Ake went for 41m, werner nearly 50. 

£27m for Allan seems a lot but it feels like 'it seems a lot' because its everton. If it was a top 6 team paying that i dont think anyone would bat an eyelid. Making him one of our top earners would be expected. 

He may well drastically change the whole mentality of our club. 

2 hours ago, Aidan said:

I'm not so sure how much the market has been affected. Ake went for 41m, werner nearly 50. 

£27m for Allan seems a lot but it feels like 'it seems a lot' because its everton. If it was a top 6 team paying that i dont think anyone would bat an eyelid. Making him one of our top earners would be expected. 

He may well drastically change the whole mentality of our club. 

or he could get injured like gbamin did and we're stuck with a ton of wages and no midfield.  i hope we're not just signing one guy for DM.  we need 2.

Is 100k a week to much, not if Ancelotti knows what he’s doing so you either get behind the manager and back him, or if not we don’t progress. 
We will always have the I told you so brigade if it doesn’t work out, but let’s be prepared to accept that  in our quest to improve, and if it goes wrong we can always sack the manager and block the I told you so brigade, happy days 😄

7 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

or he could get injured like gbamin did and we're stuck with a ton of wages and no midfield.  i hope we're not just signing one guy for DM.  we need 2.

Gbamin is a freak occurrence and you can’t base transfer experience off it. It’s something that could potentially happen to any player after a transfer. When we signed him, he was everything we wanted in that position and for a competitive price as well. 

7 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Anybody we sign could get injured. I would imagine we are looking for another central midifelder, hopefully Doucoure.