IGNORED

Jarrad Branthwaite

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

And we are bottom 6 and trying our hardest to pay players what they would be getting if they were at a top 6 club.  The lunatics were running the asylum comes to mind, at least Thelwell is trying to take us back into sanity. 

Thelwell is trying his best to sort our club out but he has made a major mistake with Beto and we have to lose money on him but he has to go while there’s a couple of clubs interested. 
if true surely he will go to Atalanta and the champions league. 

22 minutes ago, patto said:

Thelwell is trying his best to sort our club out but he has made a major mistake with Beto and we have to lose money on him but he has to go while there’s a couple of clubs interested. 
if true surely he will go to Atalanta and the champions league. 

Was it a mistake? £20m was about right - his athletic and physical profile fit the bill and we should be able to recoup most of the money. 

2 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Was it a mistake? £20m was about right - his athletic and physical profile fit the bill and we should be able to recoup most of the money. 

I think 20m is a bit on the low side of the fee I think it may have been more but regardless he’s a poor footballer. 
and we need to recoup as much as we can now. 
it could get us a good right back. 

4 hours ago, Shukes said:

We need to put things into context. 

Branthwaite is a young player who has had a really good season. To make him a top earner would be business suicide. 

That’s the type of thing that’s got us into this position in the first place. If he wants out…. Then sell him. He is no different t than any other player in the team for me. Club always has to come first.

Got to it before I did but I agree.

Branthwaite if he stays here will be a top earner at the club if he continues to progress.

Right now after 1 season it’s madness to throw that money at him. What does that then say to Pickford who has been doing the business for years on end?

Our wages are a complete mess, our best players are not our top earners. These players need to be moved on. Doucoure, Keane & Holgate would command nearly 300k per week, madness.

Putting players on salaries that have been to high has been the clubs biggest mistake over the Moshiri era. This one of the things the club has to get much better at. One of the biggest problems was nobody else would pay the same wages on bag average players, so they sapped the finances out of the club as there contracts ran down. 

There is no need at all to put Branthwaithe salary up to anywhere near £160k as he only signed a Contract last summer. If he is likley to more next summer (if not this), then why offer an additional +£5M or so in wages just out of the goodness of our hearts. 

If we have leant one thing this past 6-7 years is that we have to cut our cloth accordingly. 

3 hours ago, patto said:

I think 20m is a bit on the low side of the fee I think it may have been more but regardless he’s a poor footballer. 
and we need to recoup as much as we can now. 
it could get us a good right back. 

Wasn't it £25m? Poor footballer? Please enlighten.

4 hours ago, Btay said:

Got to it before I did but I agree.

Branthwaite if he stays here will be a top earner at the club if he continues to progress.

Right now after 1 season it’s madness to throw that money at him. What does that then say to Pickford who has been doing the business for years on end?

Our wages are a complete mess, our best players are not our top earners. These players need to be moved on. Doucoure, Keane & Holgate would command nearly 300k per week, madness.

To be fair that level of wages is not particularly remarkable if you look at the landscape of the premier league. There have to be 50 players at least making as much or more than those.

Which makes the point how difficult it is to compete with clubs who pay a dozen players more than our top earner makes 

14 hours ago, SpartyBlue said:

To be fair that level of wages is not particularly remarkable if you look at the landscape of the premier league. There have to be 50 players at least making as much or more than those.

Which makes the point how difficult it is to compete with clubs who pay a dozen players more than our top earner makes 

We don’t have the revenue (although the new stadium will assist with that somewhat) of the clubs those player you refer to play for. Those players mentioned are lucky to be premier league players - let alone top earners amongst a premier league club.

Agree on your final point. It is a struggle for sure!

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

I loved a Thursday.... brothers used to get pay packet and I'd get a king sized mars bar - back when they never tried to make out that smaller bars are doing us a favour. A king size mars bar was like a meal for a kid. 

they would be out Thursday night every night through till Sunday then in for a few nights waiting for next pay packet. A £1 note was a glorious sight to me back then. 

I wonder if anyone still pays wages in cash, we still send cheques to some of our suppliers, I say to the 2 girls in accountants surely it’s cheaper to pay them by bacs where we can pay as many people as we want on a single bacs transaction and it’s the equivalent cost of writing one cheque for 2-3 pounds, I get told to mind your nose and stop interfering. 

15 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I wonder if anyone still pays wages in cash, we still send cheques to some of our suppliers, I say to the 2 girls in accountants surely it’s cheaper to pay them by bacs where we can pay as many people as we want on a single bacs transaction and it’s the equivalent cost of writing one cheque for 2-3 pounds, I get told to mind your nose and stop interfering. 

Wouldn’t all these food delivery’s the likes of just eat be cash is it what they call dark money they all work on the side. 

30 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Our company stopped taking cheques and cash back in March 2022. I found out recently, when one of my sales team left the company, he had been taking cheques. Made out in his name, he was cashing them and then paying the customers account himself. Caused me so much hassle to clean the mess up. 

Keep interfering with the accountants Palfy. Actually🤔😂

• 5 weeks later...