IGNORED

Jarrad Branthwaite

6 minutes ago, Matt Tiger said:

An agent can put an idea in his head sure. But they haven’t agreed personal terms. Unless this has changed somewhat recently, it is illegal for players and their representation to negotiate with teams prior without permission of the players club which requires an agreed upon fee.

So, an agent can tell Jarrod that he can make x amount more per week with a move, but frankly the player likely already knows that as he knows what his England teammates make because it’s public knowledge. Point being, either a player is itching for a move or he isn’t. These reports indicating he’d agreed upon terms are complete bullshit and won’t sway his mindset one way or another imo. 

emm, we'll see on this front.  

Might be 'illegal' but doesn't mean it doesn't go on (as suggest - informally!). Reports that Branthwaite happy with terms may or may not be bullshit - but we don't really know one way or another. 

We have seen it happen plenty enough times, player quite enough about a transfer, but as the transfer window moves on players (or there representatives) really try and turn the screw on the selling club to make a deal. A leak of infomation here and there.

Hope I am wrong, but history suggests the club need to be prepared for player to begin pushing for the move.  Coming back for pre-season is one of those 'pinch points' so a timly leaked hint that Branthwaite may be more than open to a Man U move just wouldn't suprise me. 

Maybe I am just preparing myself for the inevitable that our current 'golden boy' may now want to play his football elsewhere.  I hope we are pretty blunt and say a move will only happen this summer if our valuation is met. 

2 hours ago, Matt Tiger said:

Yea it’s full lazy journo season folks. There are three teams (maybe) “interested” in Onana so we’re linked with every cm under the sun. Players agreeing to personal terms and then the transfer fees aren’t even close. Et al.

Some of it is agents trying to create leverage for a move for their guys (which gets them money in the process). And some of it is just downright bad journalism for clicks. Either way, if even one detail in a transfer rumor article doesn’t pass the logic test, best to just ignore the entire article completely. 

It's very much the agents leaking things to journalists. And sometimes it pays off for them. Scumbags, the lot.

2 hours ago, RuffRob said:

emm, we'll see on this front.  

Might be 'illegal' but doesn't mean it doesn't go on (as suggest - informally!). Reports that Branthwaite happy with terms may or may not be bullshit - but we don't really know one way or another. 

We have seen it happen plenty enough times, player quite enough about a transfer, but as the transfer window moves on players (or there representatives) really try and turn the screw on the selling club to make a deal. A leak of infomation here and there.

Hope I am wrong, but history suggests the club need to be prepared for player to begin pushing for the move.  Coming back for pre-season is one of those 'pinch points' so a timly leaked hint that Branthwaite may be more than open to a Man U move just wouldn't suprise me. 

Maybe I am just preparing myself for the inevitable that our current 'golden boy' may now want to play his football elsewhere.  I hope we are pretty blunt and say a move will only happen this summer if our valuation is met. 

For what it’s worth, I’m not saying one way or another whether Jarrod will be happy to come back as he knows that a move will mean a larger contract.

I’m just saying any report that is obviously not correct shouldn’t really be paid much attention to and certainly shouldn’t lead anyone to think he’s on the way out for sure. 

15 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

Just read that 27 year old CB Max Kilman as moved from Wolves to West Ham for £40M. A decent benchmark of Branthwaite's value, show's how wide of the mark utd where with a £35m offer. 

Not remotely a benchmark in my opinion. All it emphasises is Wurzel Gummage's disconnect from reality.

28 minutes ago, Matt said:

Not remotely a benchmark in my opinion. All it emphasises is Wurzel Gummage's disconnect from reality.

If he’s not prepared to pay the going rate United will go backwards. 

1 hour ago, RuffRob said:

Just read that 27 year old CB Max Kilman as moved from Wolves to West Ham for £40M. A decent benchmark of Branthwaite's value, show's how wide of the mark utd where with a £35m offer. 

Wolves paid Maidenhead £40k for him, so a tidy profit...and £4m sell on for Maidenhead as well, earth shattering money for a National League side

2 hours ago, patto said:

If he’s not prepared to pay the going rate United will go backwards. 

I know nothing about him bar 2 interviews and the Branthwaite insult. He will take United backwards because he's got that air of arrogance about him and just assumes people will roll over, which they won't because United aren't that United anymore. 

51 minutes ago, Matt said:

I know nothing about him bar 2 interviews and the Branthwaite insult. He will take United backwards because he's got that air of arrogance about him and just assumes people will roll over, which they won't because United aren't that United anymore. 

This is a feller who had Grangemouth oil refinery on strike because he wouldn’t pay the rates promised as I’ve said before he is one horrible bastard 

9 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Had to have a think for a moment about who the fuck you were on about.

In my defence, I've been drinking.

Haven't Several of us. Silverstone quali then football. 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

It's a case of he stays until they meet our valuation.

They know what it'll take. Pay it or move on.

I hope so mate. Just pray his head is on playing for us and not a move.

7 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Jarrad has been expecting to move to United for months but obviously he didn’t expect United to put silly bids in so he will bide his time he’s very level headed and I’m sure if he stays it won’t affect his performances for us. 
what I don’t understand is why no other team has come in for him especially the top premier teams he’s a bargain at 70m

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Seems like it's a case of United trying to unsettle the player to me.

its very much a case of us standing up to the cheap - leaky roof nobheads and not being pushed about. 

I’m hoping you are both right mate. 
I try not to get caught up in believing what’s reported, but I do get nervous.

I feel like this is the best squad we’ve had in a long time and Jarrad is a massive part of that. 

2 hours ago, patto said:

Jarrad has been expecting to move to United for months but obviously he didn’t expect United to put silly bids in so he will bide his time he’s very level headed and I’m sure if he stays it won’t affect his performances for us. 
what I don’t understand is why no other team has come in for him especially the top premier teams he’s a bargain at 70m

Couldn't agree more. If they'd lodged a bid that made any lick of sense I could see him getting frustrated but as it stands it seems they want to pay him like he's a world class player but pay us like he's still a risk despite having four years left on his contract. The kid isn't dumb and can see the offers for what they are.

3 minutes ago, StevO said:

The more these cheap offers come in I’d be increasing the asking price. 
Two piss take bids, so wouldn’t take less than £80m from United now. 

If Kilman is £40m then we have a new benchmark. 

Finding the whole scenario about him odd.  For me he should be starting at the euros - the fact he isn't made me wonder is Southgate hasn't been given a brown envelope to not take him and drive his price down! 

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Finding the whole scenario about him odd.  For me he should be starting at the euros - the fact he isn't made me wonder is Southgate hasn't been given a brown envelope to not take him and drive his price down! 

Conspiracy theory? And when Ten Haag gets sacked Southgate gets the gig?