IGNORED

Jarrad Branthwaite

54 minutes ago, Matt said:

Because we've told people he's not for sale, we don't need to sell and United just tried to be cheeky and hope the media would make more of it. Had he made the England squad they may well have done, but it seems their leak was BS anyway.

Matt you telling other clubs he’s not for sale  doesn’t mean a thing if they want him they keep coming in for him. 
i can’t believe Liverpool or City haven’t come in for him both have ageing centre backs even Spurs Van De Ven is rumoured to be leaving but there is still a long way to go till the window shuts. 
i still believe if the first deal of 45m and 2 players was still on offer we would take it. 

11 hours ago, patto said:

Matt you telling other clubs he’s not for sale  doesn’t mean a thing if they want him they keep coming in for him. 
i can’t believe Liverpool or City haven’t come in for him both have ageing centre backs even Spurs Van De Ven is rumoured to be leaving but there is still a long way to go till the window shuts. 
i still believe if the first deal of 45m and 2 players was still on offer we would take it. 

I've not got the contacts to tell them all to sod off mate.

12 minutes ago, Matt said:

I've not got the contacts to tell them all to sod off mate.

I don’t mean you specifically I mean Everton telling people he’s not for sale means it’ll take a lot of money for him to leave. 

12 minutes ago, patto said:

I don’t mean you specifically I mean Everton telling people he’s not for sale means it’ll take a lot of money for him to leave. 

I'm only messing :lol:

I think the media drive 99% of the noise for clicks and papers so it's all just guess work anyway 

8 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Early in the window. I’m sure offers will keep coming. For me he’s our most important player. If we can keep the back strong we will not be in a relegation battle. If we ignore the deductions we survived very easily despite a pretty awful offense. If our defense falls to average next season I’d worry for us.

16 minutes ago, Shukes said:

At least we’ve sent out a clear message, your not going to get him cheap, pay or move on.

Yea. Normally I think some of these transfer numbers are hyperbolic but if Branthwaite has another season like he just had I don’t think an offer of 80-100m is unreasonable. 

3 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Watched an interview with that smelly looking gobshite Jim Ratcliffe, what an absolute ball bag.  Fuming that Newcastle put Dan Ashworth on gardening leave...... who does he think he is? 

Exactly that who does he think he is. 
he is 1 horrible bastard. 

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, patto said:

According to the media Jarrad is staying now is the time to be worried. 
I wish Jarrad would say he’s staying but I understand that he won’t. 

I think you're overthinking this:huh:

You're going to end up talking to yourself again if you're not careful.

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

It’s an undone deal then?

The only thing that has undone this deal if it is undone is Jim Ratcliffe he has fucked up big time coming in with stupid bids and going back on the original deal. 
and of course are prospective new owners this will change everything going forward. 

9 hours ago, patto said:

The only thing that has undone this deal if it is undone is Jim Ratcliffe he has fucked up big time coming in with stupid bids and going back on the original deal. 
and of course are prospective new owners this will change everything going forward. 

What was the original deal?

https://www.goodisonnews.com/2024/07/03/jarrad-branthwaite-angered-by-new-everton-transfer-developments/

Fuck knows if any truth in it, but if he had 'agreed' personal terms on a signficantly higher wage you can understand why he might be frustrated the whole thing stalled.

Really can't understand how personnal terms could be discussed and agreed if no bid accepted. 

24 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

https://www.goodisonnews.com/2024/07/03/jarrad-branthwaite-angered-by-new-everton-transfer-developments/

Fuck knows if any truth in it, but if he had 'agreed' personal terms on a signficantly higher wage you can understand why he might be frustrated the whole thing stalled.

Really can't understand how personnal terms could be discussed and agreed if no bid accepted. 

Quoting the Fail with no actual quotes or even basic insight. Absolutely nothing there to suggest he's "angered", that site is the definition of clickbait. 

18 minutes ago, Matt said:

Quoting the Fail with no actual quotes or even basic insight. Absolutely nothing there to suggest he's "angered", that site is the definition of clickbait. 

Definitely take no notice of this site I’ve heard nothing of Jarrad being angered if Jarrad stays he will be fine he knows his move will come eventually or we might improve significantly and he wants to stay. 

53 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

Same happened with DCL apparently mate. 
No transfer had been agreed, but somehow DCL had asked for to much money from them! Even though Everton were also said to be not agreeing with the valuation of Mintah.

Probable truth is that both these transfers never got further than the transfer teams calling up and talking about a price and get an abrupt NO CHANCE!

Yea it’s full lazy journo season folks. There are three teams (maybe) “interested” in Onana so we’re linked with every cm under the sun. Players agreeing to personal terms and then the transfer fees aren’t even close. Et al.

Some of it is agents trying to create leverage for a move for their guys (which gets them money in the process). And some of it is just downright bad journalism for clicks. Either way, if even one detail in a transfer rumor article doesn’t pass the logic test, best to just ignore the entire article completely. 

4 hours ago, RuffRob said:

Agents. Just agents.

Clubs cant talk to a player without permission, but agents acting on behalf of the club can talk to an agent acting on behalf of the player at any time. But clubs bring this on themselves as they all use agents on both sides of the deal, so they cant (and dont) really complain about it.

but we have been here plenty of times before, player gets chance of big move and bigger wages - player (players agent) then really wants the big move and big wages, becasue once a head is turned attitudes do changed. 

'Just agents' makes no difference to player themselves talking/agreeing. They represent the player - period. If Branthwaite (or his representatives) have already provisionally agreed personal term (which Branthwaite will have given the nod to his agent about), then it's a little naive to beleive his head is still truly in an Everton space rather than potentially alread in a Man U space. That just human nature.

I really like Branthwaite and would love to think he really wants another season with us on relativley low wages rather than move to one of the world biggest three or four clubs. However, it really wouldn't not suprise me than as the weeks pass we hear more and more that the player wanting this move.

I guess that all depends what goes on in Jarrad's head.

Is he playing for the money? If so then yeah maybe he jumps at the chance to go to United now for a few extra million per year (he will already be earning at least a couple of million per year at Everton and his contract will no doubt include payrises based on games played) and wants to get there as quickly as possible and get the cash. 

Is he playing to get the most out of his career? Could he be in no rush to move as he may see a bigger opportunity down the line? If he goes to United now hes stuck, he cant leave them in a few years. They are miles off the pace, but could he see a move to City, maybe Real Madrid next summer? If he is at United trying to get into top four he could miss out on the chance to win top level trophies and just as much money after another year of development.

I may be looking through blue tinted glasses, but other than money I dont see United being such an attractive proposition this season. Next year he could have greater things available to him.

31 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

but we have been here plenty of times before, player gets chance of big move and bigger wages - player (players agent) then really wants the big move and big wages, becasue once a head is turned attitudes do changed. 

'Just agents' makes no difference to player themselves talking/agreeing. They represent the player - period. If Branthwaite (or his representatives) have already provisionally agreed personal term (which Branthwaite will have given the nod to his agent about), then it's a little naive to beleive his head is still truly in an Everton space rather than potentially alread in a Man U space. That just human nature.

I really like Branthwaite and would love to think he really wants another season with us on relativley low wages rather than move to one of the world biggest three or four clubs. However, it really wouldn't not suprise me than as the weeks pass we hear more and more that the player wanting this move.

An agent can put an idea in his head sure. But they haven’t agreed personal terms. Unless this has changed somewhat recently, it is illegal for players and their representation to negotiate with teams prior without permission of the players club which requires an agreed upon fee.

So, an agent can tell Jarrod that he can make x amount more per week with a move, but frankly the player likely already knows that as he knows what his England teammates make because it’s public knowledge. Point being, either a player is itching for a move or he isn’t. These reports indicating he’d agreed upon terms are complete bullshit and won’t sway his mindset one way or another imo.