IGNORED

Moise Kean

14 hours ago, Palfy said:

How can you compare someone who doesn’t try threw his dummy out the pram constantly and  has a poor personal disciplinary record, to someone who has constantly shown a complete opposite to all the above. We don’t know what he will be like at 25 but you can bet we won’t see it in this league or this club, whether he was ready for the PL or not at a younger age he was proving himself in the Italian league and now in the French league, but not here and 3 managers gave him the opportunity and he just got worse, 3 main reasons for me were his attitude ability as a player and the PL is to hard a place to come when you’re not good enough. I’m all for giving anyone the chance and opportunity to prove themselves he had his and couldn’t take it. But it’s all about opinions and ours are poles apart on this one. 

I think your bias is showing a bit. There have been plenty of players that have come through Everton who were given far more opportunity and got far less criticism despite performing as bad or worse than Kean. I’m not defending his attitude, it was poor from what we saw and only he can speak to why that was. Context matters though. It takes experienced players time to adjust to the Premier League and some never do. Writing off a 20 year old kid who was adjusting to a new league, country, language etc.. is harsh. He can obviously play. You don’t get significant game time for  both Juventus and PSG if you can’t play. Suggesting he can never perform in the Premier League at this point is, frankly, ridiculous. Particularly because he is a very good athlete who has a lot of physicality to his game. This isn’t Davy Klaassen. Some people  think (perhaps rightfully) that 100+ games wasn’t enough to judge Tom Davies on but 10% of that seems more than enough to bury Moise Kean. 

21 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

I think your bias is showing a bit. There have been plenty of players that have come through Everton who were given far more opportunity and got far less criticism despite performing as bad or worse than Kean. I’m not defending his attitude, it was poor from what we saw and only he can speak to why that was. Context matters though. It takes experienced players time to adjust to the Premier League and some never do. Writing off a 20 year old kid who was adjusting to a new league, country, language etc.. is harsh. He can obviously play. You don’t get significant game time for  both Juventus and PSG if you can’t play. Suggesting he can never perform in the Premier League at this point is, frankly, ridiculous. Particularly because he is a very good athlete who has a lot of physicality to his game. This isn’t Davy Klaassen. Some people  think (perhaps rightfully) that 100+ games wasn’t enough to judge Tom Davies on but 10% of that seems more than enough to bury Moise Kean. 

No he’s not a Klaassen he’s more a Sandro or a Tosun he was a good athlete with physicality, great in the Turkish league shit in the Premier league. There’s a reason he’s not here as the number 2 forward fighting for a place in the team, even if that meant we had no natural replacement for DCL when he’s not available, and it isn’t because he’s to good for us. You have used DCL and Davies as examples to compare him with, you do them a huge disservice imo. 

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Matt said:

No way simply because of valuations, there’s about a £20m disparity 

I’d say they’d both be in the £35m region... whether they’re worth it is another matter but there wouldn’t be much difference in their valuations if sold tomorrow.

Just now, c1982 said:

I’d say they’d both be in the £35m region... whether they’re worth it is another matter but there wouldn’t be much difference in their valuations if sold tomorrow.

I’ve not seen any for Abrahams, but Kean is quoted up to 45m and is currently scoring for a champions league team. Don’t think they’re at the same price level from what little “research” I’ve done. 

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

I wouldn’t to be honest.

Abraham is similar to Dom, and Kean would be a different option to have, rather than a like for like replacement sub.

I think they could work together and would be a great option against teams where we’d need to be a little more direct - that’s just my opinion though. Like I said, I doubt many will agree but I rate Abraham highly and actually think aspects of his game are superior to Dom’s e.g link-up/ work outside the box.

1 minute ago, Matt said:

I’ve not seen any for Abrahams, but Kean is quoted up to 45m and is currently scoring for a champions league team. Don’t think they’re at the same price level from what little “research” I’ve done. 

There’s no research to do - valuations are all paper talk/ agents talking up their clients.