IGNORED

Lewis Dobbin

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Considering we've been living in the dregs of the league and skint, by your own definition he's the right guy for the job :lol:

I agree at this moment in time he is, but if our new owners can do what we all hope when it comes to sorting our finances out, and we can once again start to invest decent money on new players, then most importantly bring in a new manager who has managed players of quality on a regular basis and knows how to get the best out of them with the tactics to suit their abilities. 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

I agree at this moment in time he is, but if our new owners can do what we all hope when it comes to sorting our finances out, and we can once again start to invest decent money on new players, then most importantly bring in a new manager who has managed players of quality on a regular basis and knows how to get the best out of them with the tactics to suit their abilities. 

Considering Dyche has never been in that position, how do you know he wouldn't do better? He's always said he plays horses for courses based on what's available. His reputation is largely justified for being defensive and that's because that's his strength but also he's had good defenders. Can't say he's had as much choice for the attacking options in any of his roles.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Considering Dyche has never been in that position, how do you know he wouldn't do better? He's always said he plays horses for courses based on what's available. His reputation is largely justified for being defensive and that's because that's his strength but also he's had good defenders. Can't say he's had as much choice for the attacking options in any of his roles.

Educated guess 😉 I don’t believe that better players would respond to his style of management and tactics.

An example being James someone who you really rated who never had a particularly high work rate, could you see him coming here if Dyche was manager, and if he did do you think he would respond to Dyche telling him to get up and down the field, as Ancelotti said in an interview when questioned about James lack of effort “there’s no use me telling him defend more because he won’t listen”.

And Onana last night played really well for Belgium and wasn’t being asked to run a marathon in 90 minutes, but instead he was playing in a team which was more tactically focused, let’s be honest how many times have read people on here saying I don’t get or see the tactics. 
I think as players get better they want to work with managers who they can see set their teams up to suit their strengths, and not to suit the managers strengths, as we are seeing with Southgate he has some of the best players in the world but he doesn’t play them to their strengths and abilities which got them to the top of their game, he plays them too his strengths which doesn’t work as we are witnessing, that’s why I say if the club develops financially of the pitch and more money is made available to the team then Dyche won’t be the manager taking us to that next level if we seriously want to bridge the gap from where we are now and where we would like to be, but he’s good for where we are now in the same way Allardyce was. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Educated guess 😉 I don’t believe that better players would respond to his style of management and tactics.

An example being James someone who you really rated who never had a particularly high work rate, could you see him coming here if Dyche was manager, and if he did do you think he would respond to Dyche telling him to get up and down the field, as Ancelotti said in an interview when questioned about James lack of effort “there’s no use me telling him defend more because he won’t listen”.

And Onana last night played really well for Belgium and wasn’t being asked to run a marathon in 90 minutes, but instead he was playing in a team which was more tactically focused, let’s be honest how many times have read people on here saying I don’t get or see the tactics. 
I think as players get better they want to work with managers who they can see set their teams up to suit their strengths, and not to suit the managers strengths, as we are seeing with Southgate he has some of the best players in the world but he doesn’t play them to their strengths and abilities which got them to the top of their game, he plays them too his strengths which doesn’t work as we are witnessing, that’s why I say if the club develops financially of the pitch and more money is made available to the team then Dyche won’t be the manager taking us to that next level if we seriously want to bridge the gap from where we are now and where we would like to be, but he’s good for where we are now in the same way Allardyce was. 

The big problem with all of that is you think the player should be catered to. That's true in some cases but Onana is nowhere near that level yet. Whereas the manager has to think of the team first and if your squad is so thin you can't fill the bench even with kids, then you kinda have to improvise which has been his entire time here and Burnley. 

So the reality is he's unknown with financial support and top players, there's no way to judge. Much like I felt with Martinez when Moshiri took over, I'm hoping the new owner will give some actual time for change. If the first thing he does is change the manager, we're screwed. 

And if I see that fat self-centred arsehole being compared I'll lose it. They're not remotely comparable.

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

So the reality is he's unknown with financial support and top players, there's no way to judge. Much like I felt with Martinez when Moshiri took over, I'm hoping the new owner will give some actual time for change. If the first thing he does is change the manager, we're screwed. 

Tbf, the majority of fans were calling for Martinez to go. It's not like Moshiri came in and just decided from nowhere to get rid of him.

It would be a worry if it happened with this new owner and Dyche though.

2 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Tbf, the majority of fans were calling for Martinez to go. It's not like Moshiri came in and just decided from nowhere to get rid of him.

It would be a worry if it happened with this new owner and Dyche though.

There was a lot of noise but there's noise now. 

I should correct myself and say a top squad, because he has had some highly talented individuals.

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

There was a lot of noise but there's noise now. 

I should correct myself and say a top squad, because he has had some highly talented individuals.

Matt, there were fucking banners wanting him out and the atmosphere was toxic. It's not even comparable. 

17 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Matt, there were fucking banners wanting him out and the atmosphere was toxic. It's not even comparable. 

It was worse yes but we've had toxic too and I see it getting worse. Next season would be the "3rd" season, let's see how patient our fans are by October and telling us we're already as good as relegated blah blah blah unless we're top 4... 

3 hours ago, Matt said:

The big problem with all of that is you think the player should be catered to. That's true in some cases but Onana is nowhere near that level yet. Whereas the manager has to think of the team first and if your squad is so thin you can't fill the bench even with kids, then you kinda have to improvise which has been his entire time here and Burnley. 

And if I see that fat self-centred arsehole being compared I'll lose it. They're not remotely comparable.

I don’t think he will change the manager as soon as he comes in, his first priority must be to sort the clubs finances out, and come mid November early December the owners may choose to evaluate Dyche then, if we look comfortable for a mid table finish I think he stays till the end of the season, if we are in a relegation battle again I think he goes, but I don’t see him being around in 18 months time no matter where we finish this season, when they’ve got a decent transfer kitty I believe they will be looking for a manager who has a good history of winning trophies, and will prove a good draw for players who have choices. 
New Stadium, new money, new manager, and some new talented players, are all on my wish list for 25/26 season. 

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I'm sure you'll all be really surprised to hear he's already gone out on loan to West Brom.

Hope he has a good season with them. We’ve potentially played a master stroke with the deal with Dobbin (Onana as well) as Tim looks very, very good.

1 hour ago, Btay said:

Hope he has a good season with them. We’ve potentially played a master stroke with the deal with Dobbin (Onana as well) as Tim looks very, very good.

Ribbon was never going to be good enough for us.

47 minutes ago, Btay said:

You can hit the … in top right of your post to edit a post bud! I often do it to correct minor grammatical mistakes before I cop @MikeO’s wrath.

Haha thanks I didn’t know I sometimes use a tablet and it’s a pain in the arse for predictive text.