IGNORED

Kalvin Phillips

13 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Calm down Shukes..... don't blow a gasket mate.

im offering the "potential" shout cos that can be the only thing that people see.  You reckon he was performing to a high level?  I know for a fact he wasn't.

tell me what he gave us? Maybe then you could tell me something I couldn't see.   All I can recall last year was him allowing dunk a clear run for a headed equaliser, turning away to allow palace to score and of course the penalty. Sure there may have been a couple of goals but nothing that stands out.

ben Godfrey contributed more mate. 

You haven’t read any of my posts really have you haha?

I have never said he was performing at a high level, your trying to change the narrative here aren’t you… understandable.

What did he offer us? 
He was an average performer in our team. At times one of the best on the pitch and at times one of the worst. He was a defensive midfielder that linked defence and attack together. He did offer us a couple of goals as well, more than most on the team. 

I’m disappointed we sold Godfrey, I think at times last season he showed his early promise again. We should have held on to him as he is at worst a very good squad player. 

Not sure why I need to calm down my friend? 

13 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Dyche dropped him for 3 crucial games mate... he trusted a 35 year old  and a £15m kid to do a job vs Liverpool. 

Never said he's a bad player - but he's never a £50m player.  Stop taking it personally mate - he doesn't give a shit about Everton why you arsed about him? Walked round st James park and Stamford bridge when we were in shit street.... threw a tantrum cos he got taken off.  Never turned up to training and had a problem with lateness.

have a watch of the Newcastle game and watch him vs Jacob Murphy.... absolutely disgraceful.  Dyche near exploded. 

but yeah he gets picked for Belgium..... who are now a shadow of the side they used to be. 

That 35 year old that was probably one of the best players last season? Weird that Dyche would trust one of the best players in the team…. You are funny mate I’ll give you that. 

Please never go into coaching haha.

Don’t back down now mate, stand up for your convictions. You have been making out that he is a bad player and that everyone is fooled by his physique and athleticism. 

I think you will fold under questioning!

What do you mean take it personally? Why would I haha? I honestly don’t think you were arguing just because it’s me?

Dyche also picked him for the majority of premier league matches didnt he? But let’s focus on the few times he didn’t?  

Belgium aren’t very good are they. I mean they didn’t even qualify for the finals! Rubbish. 

I did drop it, but he just offers so many opportunities. It’s like he gives me a loaded gun and all I have to do is pull a trigger. 

Haf, I’ve tried to be a bit more subjective and go down the… it’s just an opinion route, as I feel it is. But you don’t seem to be able to discuss subjectively for me.  That may be because of how I’m coming across and I do admit to having a bit of fun and that’s unfair of me. 

But I think at this point, if you reply… don’t feel offended if I don’t answer, I just feel there is no point as it’s not a discussion anymore.

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Because you keep dangling the rod and he likes shiny things :lol:

FFS he's telling me I think Onana is shite.  Not shite - completely overrated is my view for someone who doesn't offer us anything that we don't already have and at a cost of £55m is absolutely unbelievable business. 

he certainly does like shiny things... Onana is very shiny and so are dcls teeth. He wants to hoard players. 

🤣

2 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

FFS he's telling me I think Onana is shite.  Not shite - completely overrated is my view for someone who doesn't offer us anything that we don't already have and at a cost of £55m is absolutely unbelievable business. 

he certainly does like shiny things... Onana is very shiny and so are dcls teeth. He wants to hoard players. 

🤣

Well to be fair he is shite, isn't he @Shukes?

38 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

🤣

I want a squad of 30+! 
Still reeling that we let Gomes go.

5 hours ago, patto said:

Gomes’s time was well up he hardly had any affect for 2 years plus his wage was too high

Patto mate Shukes humour goes right over your head, I do agree he’s not that funny 🤣 but Jesus even a blind man could see he said that in jest, well I hope he did, didn’t you Shukes? 😆

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Patto mate Shukes humour goes right over your head, I do agree he’s not that funny 🤣 but Jesus even a blind man could see he said that in jest, well I hope he did, didn’t you Shukes? 😆

I’ll have to get to know his little jests a bit more 👍

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

I meant every word of it! 
His flowing black hair glides effortlessly across the pitch. Look at the way he walks out to training… just a joy to see.

33 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I don't think it's happened yet, but even if he misses it Dyche will probably make him do it solo :lol:.

I thought I saw something that they had it the day before the sligo game.... Which I thought was weird, so it probably hasn't happened. Can't see Phillips signing before it though 😂

14 minutes ago, Btay said:

I thought I saw something that they had it the day before the sligo game.... Which I thought was weird, so it probably hasn't happened. Can't see Phillips signing before it though 😂

You could be right, I just thought there would be some posts (maybe a YouTube video) about it when it happens.

4 hours ago, Btay said:

Gaffa’s day won’t be until they are back at Finch Farm. Dyche said so in one of the interviews. 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

I'd be very surprised if we bought him.

I hope not, i can't see any re sale value on Phillips at £20m. It's a lot of money on a bit of a gamble, and he would not be coming on modest wages. would not want to be stuck with such player rinsing us.

1 hour ago, RuffRob said:

I hope not, i can't see any re sale value on Phillips at £20m. It's a lot of money on a bit of a gamble, and he would not be coming on modest wages. would not want to be stuck with such player rinsing us.

I doubt you'd be saying that if he came on loan - tore it up and other clubs came in for him. 

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I doubt you'd be saying that if he came on loan - tore it up and other clubs came in for him. 

and 'if' is the point. 

so happy for him to come on loan and show he has the desire to play at the level he did a couple of years ago and find out that Everton's a great place. 

just not so keen on giving him the big money wages on a 4 year deal along with £20m spread over the same period.

If he tore is up this coming season, then great. We can worry about keeping him or replacing him at that point rather than committing to spending big on 'if'.