IGNORED

Blue Bill's shiny new stadium at the docks...

Lowensda

19 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

That wouldn't make sense because they could just encroach from another stand.

They obviously have a reason maybe they want more youngsters in the family enclosure at the moment it’s open age. 

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

It seems odd for no under 18s in the lower South stand. Is there a reason for that?

I've had my season ticket for 18 seasons, so it looks like the people I want to sit with are going to hate me or abandon me :lol:.

Probably because of the standing. Guess a kid may not see very well if stood behind an adult. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

Probably because of the standing. Guess a kid may not see very well if stood behind an adult. 

I would've hoped the steepness of the stands will mitigate that somewhat. It's not just a problem for kids either, the vertically challenges adults suffer it too.

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

I would've hoped the steepness of the stands will mitigate that somewhat. It's not just a problem for kids either, the vertically challenges adults suffer it too.

Haha not much you can do to help short arse adults, but I don’t think the stands are steep enough to help a child. 

On 11/10/2024 at 08:14, StevO said:

This is the info I got last night from someone at the transition meeting;

Phase 1 Reconciliation - this will start W/C 21st October. Everyone will receive an email from Colin Chong to advise on the transition to BMD, which is going to be based on Tenure. You will receive an email in that week (not sure on the day) which will have your name, client ref, address, DOB & Email address. It will tell you how many years you have held your season ticket for (maximum will be 23 as that’s the data they hold it for). It does not matter if this has not been consecutive seasons, it’s total season tickets in the past 23 years. If you are happy with the information they provide you don’t need to do anything. If anything is wrong, the email will tell you how to amend what’s wrong, and if you disagree with the tenure they give, you have the opportunity to appeal this with evidence. You will need to appeal within the time frame they give you or the information will move forward into BMD as it is.

Phase 2 Education - In November (not sure when, but after phase one is complete) they will start to send out information about BMD in great details. They are going to release full details on each stand which will include view from the block (not individual seat views) concourse details, what the concourse will have, sell, how far exits are, how long the walk is from the entrance, literally everything. They will release each stand in an order starting with North and finishing with south. After that will release the price of each stand and the ranges within each stand. They will also send a link out to a bit of a questionnaire, what view do you like side/behind goal, do want atmosphere yes/no, do you want quick exits yes/no etc, then the result of that questionnaire will suggest a stands that is best suited to your requirements. As a helping tool to decide.

Waiting list people will also get told at this time if they will qualify for a ST at BMD and their window. They are still refusing to give us a figure on how many will be offered a ST because they said until they know how many people renew they can’t give a concrete answer. So they will go with a figure they are giving out as definite new ones (again wouldn’t give the figure as it’s not confirmed still) and when people don’t renew the new ones will increase and people will be told when they qualify.

Phase 3 On Sale - In December the club will then release the dates the season tickets will go on sale and in what increments it will be. Very similar to away games. 22+ years will be window one and have 5th Jan to 9th Jan to purchase. 20+ gears will be window 2 and have 10th Jan to 14tn Jan for example. The season tickets will go on sale in early January. You have to pick you seat online (they will do face to face sales at Goodison, but they are not encouraging this) and at this point when you click on the seat you want, you will get a view from your seat. If you pay in one hit you then proceed to payment and it’s done. If you do the direct debit, you will then sign up for that, but you have to contact Premium Credit or you seat will be released, which is different to how it works now. 

It will be in max groups of 6 at a time, they are trying to increase this but it can’t be promised. 

If you have 5 people in your group on 23+ years and 1 at 19+ years and you all want to sit together, the whole group will have to wait for the window of the 19+ if they want to guarantee 6 together.  

If you have a child in your group, you have the option to sit in the family enclosure. You can only sit here with an under 18. Also if you have an under 18, you can’t sit in the lower South Stand, this will be an over 18. 

Also if you do have an under 18 in your group their tenure is being worked out differently. It’s their tensure vs their age. So if a kid has had a season ticket for 5 years but their age is 10, they will be in tenure of 10+ not 5+ 

If I’m reading that correctly then it is exactly what I feared most. My loyalty is being tossed out of the window, I’ve had a season ticket for over 45 years but because my youngest daughter has only had a season ticket for about 4 seasons it counts for nothing

1 minute ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

If I’m reading that correctly then it is exactly what I feared most. My loyalty is being tossed out of the window, I’ve had a season ticket for over 45 years but because my youngest daughter has only had a season ticket for about 4 seasons it counts for nothing

That's bullshit. You'll be able to appeal though:

"if you disagree with the tenure they give, you have the opportunity to appeal this with evidence. You will need to appeal within the time frame they give you or the information will move forward into BMD as it is."

18 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

This is just second hand info from the meeting, so I’m hoping some of it is lost in translation. Otherwise I’m in the same boat as you, I either get the seat I want for myself or continue to take my daughter. Shouldn’t be a choice really. 

In my opinion, your kids seats should just be tagged on to the parents. Their length of time shouldn’t come into it. 

5 minutes ago, StevO said:

This is just second hand info from the meeting, so I’m hoping some of it is lost in translation. Otherwise I’m in the same boat as you, I either get the seat I want for myself or continue to take my daughter. Shouldn’t be a choice really. 

In my opinion, your kids seats should just be tagged on to the parents. Their length of time shouldn’t come into it. 

Absolutely. If you get a chance to ask or give feedback, tell them the kids would have the same number of years except for the fact they weren't fucking born. Or ask them if they're comfortable letting kids sit with strangers on a match day. 

On 13/10/2024 at 09:57, Matt said:

Absolutely. If you get a chance to ask or give feedback, tell them the kids would have the same number of years except for the fact they weren't fucking born. Or ask them if they're comfortable letting kids sit with strangers on a match day. 

Like the boys pen from the old days? 

13 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I’m really disappointed that the south stand isn’t the single-tier we were promised.

I haven’t only just noticed this like but it was something I was thinking about just now. 

Is it not? I thought it was just broken up by the access paths and staircases. 

Edit: Just going back through the videos and it's the only stand without boxes that I can see. Yeah, the boxes are a horseshoe around the north end, south stand looks split because of the access to me. 

https://www.evertonstadium.com/latest-news/galleries

5 hours ago, Matt said:

Nope, you're right. I'm that tired :lol: 

At least the boxes aren't there. That wall will be covered in flags anyway, it'll still look like a 1 tier stand. Must've been a safety or logistics thing to split it.

Seat allocation is very soon I think can’t remember actual dates. 

8 hours ago, Matt said:

Is it not? I thought it was just broken up by the access paths and staircases. 

Edit: Just going back through the videos and it's the only stand without boxes that I can see. Yeah, the boxes are a horseshoe around the north end, south stand looks split because of the access to me. 

https://www.evertonstadium.com/latest-news/galleries

If there are boxes then it's not a single tier stand.

It was put to us like it's the same as Dortmund's yellow wall and it's not. That is a true single tier.

4 minutes ago, Palfy said:

What stand for those getting season tickets is your stand of choice, open to all too comment. 

The South stand is where I've wanted to go from the off, but I'm not sure where those I sit with at the game want to go.

I assume they want to go there as well though because it's the equivalent of the Gwladys where we sit now.

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

What stand for those getting season tickets is your stand of choice, open to all too comment. 

The west stand for me hopefully which I’m in at the moment I’m family enclosure but will not be allowed family enclosure in new stadium. 
if you want to go in a group you have to wait till the lowest season ticket held. 

12 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I’m really disappointed that the south stand isn’t the single-tier we were promised.

I haven’t only just noticed this like but it was something I was thinking about just now. 

It is a single tier. It just has a divide in the middle. The reason for this is so the people above the divide aren’t impacted by those standing below. So if you look at it on a match day the divide won’t be visible. 

4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

If there are boxes then it's not a single tier stand.

It was put to us like it's the same as Dortmund's yellow wall and it's not. That is a true single tier.

Also, after the fan consultation there wasn’t enough demand for the whole end to be standing, so this is how Meis blended it. 

There are no boxes. Just a dividing wall. It will also help with people flow in and out. 

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I'm probably being picky tbh, but it's a bit sneaky of the club to say that's what it is and then just not mention that they've changed it (whether forced or through choice).

So much catching up 😂

They didn’t change anything, so nothing to mention about a change, the consultation showed three different configurations and one of them has ended up in the design. 

56 minutes ago, StevO said:

Also, after the fan consultation there wasn’t enough demand for the whole end to be standing, so this is how Meis blended it. 

There are no boxes. Just a dividing wall. It will also help with people flow in and out. 

Talking about flow I find them barriers outside goodison after the game to be more of a hindrance than good. 
I hope we don’t have these contraptions at BM I’d love to know what jobsworth thought of this I don’t recall any accidents happening after the game. 

9 minutes ago, patto said:

Talking about flow I find them barriers outside goodison after the game to be more of a hindrance than good. 
I hope we don’t have these contraptions at BM I’d love to know what jobsworth thought of this I don’t recall any accidents happening after the game. 

They are a bit of a pain aren’t they? Unnecessary. 
If they are used at BM it would be on Regent Road, but I think by the time you’ve got out of the fan plaza people will have dispersed enough that it’s not a problem.