IGNORED

Blue Bill's shiny new stadium at the docks...

Lowensda

2 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Ohhhkaaayyyy, some pretty strong feelings there. Each to their own I guess. 

Still wanted a top 4 side on the last game of the season, to not give us the final game at Goodison feels wrong. But it is what it is and I know we will make it special. 

Imagine the last game as Goodison is a loss to Liverpool. I’d rather peel my own eyes out with a rusty spoon. 

Whoever were to win our last game at Goodison would dine out on that for years. Thankfully with our support, fans lining the streets, following the coach, blue flares, Southampton will be quaking in their shoes. And the season hasn't started yet!!

Any money on Southampton making an immediate return to the Championship? Omens not good Sunak is a supporter.

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

:lol: 

It was more aimed at London for wanting a top 4 side. They aren’t special and the only important thing is that Everton players are on that pitch to say goodbye to our home. 

True, and we will give the Grand Old Lady an amazing send off.

Usually, it's more special playing bigger teams, it shouldn't be, but it is, it's more of an occasion, for me at least, but other opinions and all that.

One of my biggest regrets living in this part of the world is that I'll never have an opportunity to see a match at Goodison before they move to the new stadium. Will just have to enjoy watching it from the comfort of home I guess. I'll always have the memory of the final fight in the first Creed movie being filmed at Goodison.  

5 hours ago, StatesideToffee14 said:

One of my biggest regrets living in this part of the world is that I'll never have an opportunity to see a match at Goodison before they move to the new stadium. Will just have to enjoy watching it from the comfort of home I guess. I'll always have the memory of the final fight in the first Creed movie being filmed at Goodison.  

I feel for you because it really is a special place. If the opportunity does arise then I implore you to take it.

6 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I feel for you because it really is a special place. If the opportunity does arise then I implore you to take it.

Would love to travel back to Europe at some point. Went there in high school but the only time we spent in England was a half-day layover we had in London on the way over. Would love to travel up to Liverpool at some point just to get a chance to walk inside Goodison (god willing it's still standing by then) and then see a match at the new stadium. 

Was reading this morning that the club specifically requested to have the final Goodison match be on the penultimate weekend of the season. Reason they did not want it on the final weekend is that they felt the send-off would be lost in the shuffle of everything else going on on Championship Sunday and they wanted to give the Grand Old Lady a proper send-off.  

2 minutes ago, StatesideToffee14 said:

Was reading this morning that the club specifically requested to have the final Goodison match be on the penultimate weekend of the season. Reason they did not want it on the final weekend is that they felt the send-off would be lost in the shuffle of everything else going on on Championship Sunday and they wanted to give the Grand Old Lady a proper send-off.  

You could have read it on here yesterday :lol:.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

It's one of the biggest commercial deals in the clubs history apparently.

We have endured a fair few year of financial hardship getting this stadium built. This following the recent record Castore shirt deal is now hopefully the start of a steady flow of new 'record' commercial deals. 

I am sure there will be set fee for Aramark to set up in the stadium, supported by a percentage the turnover they generate at the ground. 

4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

It's one of the biggest commercial deals in the clubs history apparently.

Ahhh, Aramark based out of my hometown Philadelphia. Not sure how familiar you all are with them, but their concessions are typically not good. That said, perhaps I'll have to look a open jobs with them and see if I can swing "business" trips to BMD.