IGNORED

Blue Bill's shiny new stadium at the docks...

Lowensda

Missing out on the King’s Dock stadium whenever that was, seems the biggest missed opportunity to me - especially when you look at what’s happened to Man City in that time. That seemed like the ‘golden ticket’ opportunity - now, 20 odd years on we’ve finally got a similar opportunity. We’ve dodged some bullets along the way - it could have been much better but it could have been much worse.

1 minute ago, Shukes said:

One thing I have learnt over 47 years of life is that bitterness is a thankless trait.

Whats the point of a justice system if you are always going to dwell on the worst of people, rather than the good they do. 

I’ll go to sleep tonight, not trying to prove others wrong 🙂

I’ll remind you of that when you’re kicking holes in what I post😜

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Which he did. Thats just another indisputable fact.

I guess what I mean is, those who choose to see the positives rather than dwell in negatives don’t see him as ineffable.

I also find the lying part utterly ridiculous because I see Bill for what he is; a figurehead. The business lies will have been told to him by people he trusted and he repeated them in good faith. Being a poor judge of character isn’t the same, although he seems to have got things right eventually. Trouble with being the figurehead is that then you’re also the target when things go tits up too. 

Honestly not got the energy or willpower to debate this. Those who are angry with him will never want to see the other side so it’s utterly pointless. 

3rd time lucky - we’ve got a dockside, beautifully designed, world class stadium on the way. I’m going to concentrate on the now and the future. 

That's fine Matt.... I'm pretty sure bill Kenwright was in no one's mind till the echo articles... For the obvious reason that this is happening because he's no longer running things. 

He saved us from Johnson to do a pretty similar job to Johnson over a longer period and more debt.  But Johnson delivered a trophy.

Not dwelling - stating facts. If bill wasn't an Evertonian then sentimental allowances wouldn't have been made so generously by some. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

For all his flaws and mistakes I think Bill kept us going through his passion for the club. Just saying. Oh and whatever the naysayers, Brands is here for the long haul.

I’d still rather the club be run with professionalism, know how and a little bit of cash than passion. Otherwise make Duncan the chairman. 

that’s tongue in cheek before anyone gets upset. 

2 minutes ago, StevO said:

I’d still rather the club be run with professionalism, know how and a little bit of cash than passion. Otherwise make Duncan the chairman

That's why he's going nowhere, waiting for the chair when Bill finally goes.

1 hour ago, StevO said:

I’d still rather the club be run with professionalism, know how and a little bit of cash than passion. Otherwise make Duncan the chairman. 

I quite like the sound of that 😉