IGNORED

Cenk Tosun

11 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I was fuming enough at Kean being loaned out with no replacement brought in. My head might literally melt if we do the same with Tosun.

It’s done mate. He’s all over his Instagram saying so. Seriously can’t understand this management decision.

41 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

sad thing is we have him on the books for i think 2 more years.  we need to offload him before he becomes another bolasie loan after loan with no fee.

If he does well, which I think he will over there then someone will buy him in the summer, same for Kenny. 

Staying here and not playing will make it harder to shift them.

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

By all accounts Bolasie did well at Sporting and it didn't help him. Kenny is the same with his loan at Shalke. 

I maybe wrong but didn’t Shalke want to keep Kenny but we wanted him back, possibly because they were unable to buy and wanted to extend his loan contract for another year. 

2 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I maybe wrong but didn’t Shalke want to keep Kenny but we wanted him back, possibly because they were unable to buy and wanted to extend his loan contract for another year. 

Financially they're buggered at the moment so couldn't afford more than a loan.

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

By all accounts Bolasie did well at Sporting and it didn't help him. Kenny is the same with his loan at Shalke. 

Wagner confirmed that Schalke wanted to purchase Kenny, but that Everton had refused as we wanted to use him in the first-team (plus they're on the verge of bankruptcy). 

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Celtic tried to keep Jonjoe on a permanent deal should he do well and with the likes of Burnley also rumoured to be interested I think we'd have no trouble shifting him.

It's not as though he's shite, and as a young, English defender plenty of clubs will be interested whenever he's back on the market.

1 minute ago, Palfy said:

Maybe, maybe not. They signed someone else pretty quickly so either we shut it down or they looked elsewhere. I imagine he was available for the right price as Carlo has never given the indication that he fancies him.

1 minute ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Wagner confirmed that Schalke wanted to purchase Kenny, but that Everton had refused as we wanted to use him in the first-team (plus they're on the verge of bankruptcy). 

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Celtic tried to keep Jonjoe on a permanent deal should he do well and with the likes of Burnley also rumoured to be interested I think we'd have no trouble shifting him.

It's not as though he's shite, and as a young, English defender plenty of clubs will be interested whenever he's back on the market.

To be fair, I do think Kenny will hold some value because of his wages. He won't price lesser clubs out of a move, albeit as I said above, no-one appears to want him at the price we are after.

We will face more difficulties with Tosun because of his wages. The point is, a decent loan spell doesn't mean we will automatically be able to offload the player the next window. 

3 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Maybe, maybe not. They signed someone else pretty quickly so either we shut it down or they looked elsewhere. I imagine he was available for the right price as Carlo has never given the indication that he fancies him.

Wagner raved over him he was an ever present in the team, like Lookman Kenny was desperate to stay, but we wanted them back. 

• 2 months later...
19 hours ago, c1982 said:

Another season ending knee injury in today’s game - stretchered off. Gutted for him but just as gutted that he’ll probably be on our wage bill for another year now (sorry to sound insensitive!)

He would've been anyway. No one was going to buy him and he'd have been out on loan again while his contract ran down to the end.

24 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

He would've been anyway. No one was going to buy him and he'd have been out on loan again while his contract ran down to the end.

Agree with this to be honest - nobody was going to pay what we wanted IMO and he would have been shipped out on another loan to run down his deal similar to Bolasie. It just means now than probably paying a 50/50 split of his wages he sits on the entire bill. 

One of them things, he isn't the first player to stop a sale due to injury and won't be the last. 

• 3 months later...