IGNORED

Cenk Tosun

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Doesn’t say anything on the official site about an injury.

Says he captained the team to a 2-1 win and came off on the 55th minute. I would think for an injury, but not serious as it goes to say his next match is a Sunday friendly.

He’s been withdrawn from the squad.

• 2 months later...

His father declared on a radio show yesterday that turkish teams are asking about his situation at Everton to loan him at least but Cenk is up to fight for a place at Everton and will remain as an Everton player.

So at least we know that he doesn't want to come back to turkey, which is the best for him IMO, but not sure about finding a place for himself as an Everton player here. Kean is young and very talented striker, DCL is not better than him especially in the box but his pace is vital in EPL so if Silva going to use 1 striker, DCL will be his second choice. Well, let's see if he can make any difference this year if he stays...

2 hours ago, Sir McGiven said:

His father declared on a radio show yesterday that turkish teams are asking about his situation at Everton to loan him at least but Cenk is up to fight for a place at Everton and will remain as an Everton player.

So at least we know that he doesn't want to come back to turkey, which is the best for him IMO, but not sure about finding a place for himself as an Everton player here. Kean is young and very talented striker, DCL is not better than him especially in the box but his pace is vital in EPL so if Silva going to use 1 striker, DCL will be his second choice. Well, let's see if he can make any difference this year if he stays...

I appreciate his willingness to fight. When/if he leaves he won't go with a bad reputation. I would love to see him come into the side and score some goals, as I believe he is the most natural finisher we have.

1 hour ago, Sibdane said:

I appreciate his willingness to fight. When/if he leaves he won't go with a bad reputation. I would love to see him come into the side and score some goals, as I believe he is the most natural finisher we have.

Without doubt (possibly Kean aside).

Via Liverpool Echo:

Tosun confirms Bundesliga side contact

Cenk Tosun has told German media outlet Wiesbadener Kurier that Bundesliga side Eintracht Frankfurt have made contact over a potential transfer.

However the front man told the newspaper “first I want to cure my knee injury and I feel good in Everton,” so it appears as though any deal won’t be getting off the ground.

At least there is interest in him.

He doesn’t seem like he wants the move but Frankfurt have the dough you’d think to offer decent money. Christ knows what that would be? I guess we are going to lose at least £12 mill on him? £15 mill fee? He hasn’t pulled up any trees for us I know he’s not been given much game time but if we get rid of him and niasse and a few others we are in the black for this window. We have charly as back up if the worst comes to the worst or now Iwobi is here we can play 4-3-3 a lot more. He’s just not cut out for the prem. leaves us to get Zouma in January and we can get two or three players like marcel has stated in the summer 

i'd rather be in the black this window and keep niasse if we have to.  3rd striker will never play anyways, so he's just insurance or the odd cup substitution.  let kean and DCl get all the reps and learn and grow to be our main men. clear the dead wood, if tosun continues to play little this year he will be worth like 5m this summer, sell now while the price is still decent.

44 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

tosun is also also unproven , he can't score to save his life.  

I really like Tosun, and think his finishing (in training at least) is very good. But he is slow, and if the tactics are that the front man hounds the opposition defence and works hard, that’s Niasse for me. Not saying that Tosun doesn’t try but he’s simply not quick enough to press high up, so for me he has to be the one to go if one of them does. 

14 minutes ago, Matt said:

I really like Tosun, and think his finishing (in training at least) is very good. But he is slow, and if the tactics are that the front man hounds the opposition defence and works hard, that’s Niasse for me. Not saying that Tosun doesn’t try but he’s simply not quick enough to press high up, so for me he has to be the one to go if one of them does. 

i would also keep niasse.  he's out of contract at the end of the year and not likely to be sold, id rather use him as 3rd striker and get the most cash from tosun

16 minutes ago, Matt said:

This is basically the reason I don't want Sigurdssen to be behind the striker. We should either play to his strengths or put someone else in there who's faster at pressing. 

38 minutes ago, Matt said:

I would rather we keep Tosun because at least he can control the ball and pass it to a teammate. 

50 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

i'd rather be in the black this window and keep niasse if we have to.  3rd striker will never play anyways, so he's just insurance or the odd cup substitution.  let kean and DCl get all the reps and learn and grow to be our main men. clear the dead wood, if tosun continues to play little this year he will be worth like 5m this summer, sell now while the price is still decent.

Think you must be having a laugh.  Our main two strikers are both kids, neither having scored in double digits in the league here, and you think that's sufficient cover going into a season plus two domestic cups.  One injury and he's getting minutes as a sub every game.  Don't see how we can let him go.  Niasse is the one eating up wages with no future, he's a bumbling mad man.  Much rather have the cover of a senior pro who can at least play football and risk whatever drop in value he might suffer over the next year. 

1 hour ago, chicagoblue said:

Think you must be having a laugh.  Our main two strikers are both kids, neither having scored in double digits in the league here, and you think that's sufficient cover going into a season plus two domestic cups.  One injury and he's getting minutes as a sub every game.  Don't see how we can let him go.  Niasse is the one eating up wages with no future, he's a bumbling mad man.  Much rather have the cover of a senior pro who can at least play football and risk whatever drop in value he might suffer over the next year. 

per the underlined neither has tosun, he's honestly worse than DCL and people rip on DCl all the time.  

52 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

per the underlined neither has tosun, he's honestly worse than DCL and people rip on DCl all the time.  

You might be right that Tosun is worse than DCL, but the reason people criticise DCL and not Tosun is because DCL is playing and not doing the business, where as Tosun isn’t playing so what’s to talk about. 

Niasse - 39 apps 9 goals. That was 17/18 season were he had a goals per game of less that 1 in 3 in the league (8 in 22 apps, not bad really) and after his extradition under Koeman

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oumar_Niasse

Tosun - 43 apps 9 goals. Never scored more than 5 in either of his seasons with us in the league  

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cenk_Tosun

So this whole argument of not being given a chance doesn’t hold up. If anything Tosun has been given more of a chance because at least he wasn’t treated the way Niasse was and was able to train with the squad to make a case for himself. 

Then for the purely practical reason MJB pointed out - Niasses wages are high but in 10 months he’s off on a free and seems to even be less than Tosun. 

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/everton-f.c/payroll/

So, Tosun has had more of a chance, scored the same amount of league goals in more apps over 2 season than Niasse managed in 1, has higher wages and a higher sell on value, is slower than Niasse where speed is crucial for our tactics, and (although I can’t find the link again) Niasse has been responsible for us winning more points, often crucial goals. 

But yeah let’s get rid of Niasse because he’s a “bumbling mad man”, or to put it more accurately, I’d say unorthodox because, whilst he’s not a player that’s particularly nice to watch, he gets the job done and works his arse off...

10 hours ago, pete0 said:

This is basically the reason I don't want Sigurdssen to be behind the striker. We should either play to his strengths or put someone else in there who's faster at pressing. 

I understand that mate, I just don’t agree with you :) 

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

I understand that mate, I just don’t agree with you :) 

Me too, Gylfi covers a lot of ground (didn’t he do more running than anyone in the premier league for a couple of seasons) he may not have blistering pace but does his fair share of pressing for me. 

And he scored that goal at Leicester, he’s just lovely. 😂