IGNORED

Goodbye To The Gravy Guzzler

A couple of things to point out though.

1: People DO watch the games and base their opinions on what they see, your not special there. 😉

2: People use stats to validate their opinion, as they are a useful tool. 

3: As bad as Gana is at giving the Ball away, there must be a stat to show that too.

4: Gana was involved in most of the offensive play we had Saturday. He scored a goal for one... another was the Coleman chance. 

If you guys were arguing that he wasn’t as good as people make out,  then I could understand that. But arguing that he isn’t fit to be a premiership player is where most of the debate comes from.... as he is easily good enough to play in the premier league. Look on his CV.... he IS a premier league footballer. 

Theres a stat for you.

back to the road stat. Which way should we look first and which last? As that could be a very important decision.

29 minutes ago, Shukes said:

1: People DO watch the games and base their opinions on what they see, your not special there. 

3: As bad as Gana is at giving the Ball away, there must be a stat to show that too.

4: Gana was involved of most of the offensive play we had Saturday. He scored a goal for one... another was the Coleman chance. 

Mid you guys were arguing that he wasn’t as good as people make out,  then I could understand that. But arguing that he isn’t fit to be a premiership player is where most of the debate comes from.... as he is easily good enough to play in the premier league. Look on his CV.... he IS a premier league footballer. 

Theres a stat for you.

back I to the road stat. Which way should we look first and which last? As that could be a very important decision.

Must disagree Shukes he's not good enough, do you think we can break into the top 4 in the next 5 years, if so I will bet you anything you like that he will never be involved, you can't get anywhere with players that can't play the ball, some of the passing  and ball control from him on Saturday was quite frankly embarrassing.

There are more who need to go but for me he's the worst of the worst at the moment.

19 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

He’s not good enough for a top four team granted but at least he puts a shift in. I like gana, I know he has flaws but so does most of the team 

I like him but just not here, I'm not disputing his work ethic but a lot of it is juvenile in its approach, I genuinely think that the last few seasons have knocked the Everton way out of the supporters, how can we play with players that can't retain the ball, I for one am not prepared to say Gana is good enough for this club regardless of stats, I've seen what I've seen and its not good enough.

I get what you mean but go through the team and point all there flaws. For me the whole left side of our team is the problem. Baines is finished as an attacking option and we half no left footed player to give him an option. He is still great in possession mind but he can’t get forward and not having a left sided player just compounds that. Plus we haven’t got a top drawer left sided centre half. 

They had half hour on talk sport with morishis mate this morning. Made my blood boil. Waxing lyrical on what an amazing job he’s done. Went on to say we should be happy we are and how Southampton, West Brom, West Ham etc etc would love to be in our shoes. That’s where they place us. Pat us on our heads and tickle our bellies. How dare we not be happy with this shite were being served 

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

1: People DO watch the games and base their opinions on what they see, your not special there. 😉

4: Gana was involved in most of the offensive play we had Saturday. He scored a goal for one... another was the Coleman chance. 

If you guys were arguing that he wasn’t as good as people make out,  then I could understand that. But arguing that he isn’t fit to be a premiership player is where most of the debate comes from.... as he is easily good enough to play in the premier league. Look on his CV.... he IS a premier league footballer. 

Theres a stat for you.

He has played more football seasons outside of the Premiership than he has in it so therefore he isn'tt a Premiership footballer 😂

Seriously though I don' think the argument is whether he is a PL level player. I think most managers would love to have him in their squad especially the lower down the league you look. You wouldn't see him playing regularly at a top 6 club though and before anyone says it, I know we aren' a top 6 club anymore but if that is our aim then he shouldn' be starting week in week out.

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Must disagree Shukes he's not good enough, do you think we can break into the top 4 in the next 5 years, if so I will bet you anything you like that he will never be involved, you can't get anywhere with players that can't play the ball, some of the passing  and ball control from him on Saturday was quite frankly embarrassing.

There are more who need to go but for me he's the worst of the worst at the moment.

Top four is a long way from being premier league level. To be fair... your deluded if you think we can break the top four with a team of average premier players.

His control on Saturday was .... well not as bad as most of our team. There’s a reason many votes him MoM on here and many other places.... and believe it or not, it’s not that the world is full of idiots. 

I know your not saying that by the way, and you have every right to your opinion of him. But he is playing in the premier league.... as a player in a top ten team.

By the way.... how old will he actually be in five years, before I take the bet 😉

Bailey.

If we’re aiming for the top 6, can you name any players at our club that should be playing week in week out?

And the argument is that he is good enough for the premier league, not just the top 6 or 4. See the Ps!

Rest is aimed at his critics 😉

I see his flaws. I just don’t agree they are as bad as made out. For example... his control didn’t stand out to me as being embarrassing, Rooney did. He didn’t seem to give the ball away as much as made out, but Rooney did. Many players were average at the very best.... yet Gana, who had a decent game, received criticism.

I feel I see more than most of you. His critics say they recognise his hard work. Anyone who really watches him,  knows that is his biggest flaw. Rarely do you see him busy a git to get back, he just jogs! 

He cant pass the ball forward....eh? Watch a match and actually watch for how many times he joins defence with attack. But he honest to yourselves when you watch. A ball forward is a ball forward, no matter how much you don’t want it to be. Rwcievibrhe ball with his back to the penalty area and playing it backwards to keep possession, which leads to a one on one chance for Coleman, is intelligent play. A strike on goal from the edge of the area that is on target, is a good shot. You see players do it every game and rarely score... but Gana does it and it’s a .... well he couldn’t really miss that could he!

I think we should just knock this debate on the head.... and admit I’m right!

51 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Oh my fuckin word.... idrissa gueye again.

Heres some stats.....  

He cost £8m..... a bargain

Liverpool have spent a fortune buying a similar player from the German league because he will fit into the Liverpool "hunt like a wolf"  tactic that you see their midfield 3 do.  Gana would fit in too.

If he could pass as well as he tackles he wouldn't be at Everton. He would be a £50m signing for some team. 

No centre midfielder has been better for us this season. 

spot on with everything

41 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Bailey.

If we’re aiming for the top 6, can you name any players at our club that should be playing week in week out?

And the argument is that he is good enough for the premier league, not just the top 6 or 4. See the Ps!

I see his flaws. I just don’t agree they are as bad as made out. For example... his control didn’t stand out to me as being embarrassing, Rooney did. He didn’t seem to give the ball away as much as made out, but Rooney did. Many players were average at the very best.... yet Gana, who had a decent game, received criticism.

I feel I see more than most of you. His critics say they recognise his hard work. Anyone who really watches him,  knows that is his biggest flaw. Rarely do you see him busy a git to get back, he just jogs! 

He cant pass the ball forward....eh? Watch a match and actually watch for how many times he joins defence with attack. But he honest to yourselves when you watch. A ball forward is a ball forward, no matter how much you don’t want it to be. Rwcievibrhe ball with his back to the penalty area and playing it backwards to keep possession, which leads to a one on one chance for Coleman, is intelligent play. A strike on goal from the edge of the area that is on target, is a good shot. You see players do it every game and rarely score... but Gana does it and it’s a .... well he couldn’t really miss that could he!

The players right now who could get in a top six team or get us to top six.

Pickford, Colman, Jags, Keane, Mori, Baines, Schneiderlin, Walcott, Tosun.

Others that could be good enough if given a proper opportunity or time to develop.

Holgate, Davies, Lookman, Klaassen, Vlasic.

5 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Pickford yes. Walcott yes, Coleman maybe. Tosun maybe.

Jags, Keane, Mori... again Mori, Baines, Schneiderlin. Now I know your having a laugh! Kind of explains the whole Gana thing.

Do you really believe we only have two players that are good enough for top six and two possibly, not that I'm saying your wrong but at my age with the amount of players and changes that needs to be made, I may never live long enough to witness it.

8 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Do you really believe we only have two players that are good enough for top six and two possibly, not that I'm saying your wrong but at my age with the amount of players and changes that needs to be made, I may never live long enough to witness it.

So long as you keep looking both ways...twice...before crossing, you'll be here.

59 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Yes. I believe that a couple of the younger ones may improve enough with the right guidance, but most of our players aren’t good enough the top six, no.

Most of the players you mentioned need replacing sooner rather than later.

Maybe when we reach the top six... I’ll be able to sit next to you in the new OOP section of the new ground.

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

Others that could be good enough if given a proper opportunity or time to develop.

If you think Keane and Schneiderlin are anywhere close to being top 6 quality after some of the abysmal shite they personally have served up this season you need your head examining. Incidentally, both were employed by Man Utd - and both were sold on for not being good enough. 

3 minutes ago, nogs said:

If you think Keane and Schneiderlin are anywhere close to being top 6 quality after some of the abysmal shite they personally have served up this season you need your head examining. Incidentally, both were employed by Man Utd - and both were sold on for not being good enough. 

I do and with a decent manager and some better players in front of them they will show again there quality which they undoubtedly have.

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

Keane top 6????  Schneiderlein has been shocking all season yet you put him in? He cost us games...Says it all really.

3 hours ago, Shukes said:

Bailey.

That' true! Pickford, Coleman, McCarthy which shows you how far we have slipped! 

Completely agree about Rooney though! Wouldn' get in a pub side at the moment.

4 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Keane top 6????  Schneiderlein has been shocking all season yet you put him in? He cost us games...Says it all really.

He's not the only one to have had poor games this season, he is starting to get his game back together again you can see that in his last couple of games controlling  his space good touch and vision, he didn't cost the money we paid for him because he's never shown in his career he can play.

Walcott was sold by a club that will finish sixth because he wasn't deemed good enough for them. Tosun still needs to improve, of course service has been horrible but I doubt any of the top six would sign him based on these performances. Just look at their strikers and tell which player he would replace. Bench at best.

Jags and Keane are miles off. Mori, someone's having a laugh? Baines is past it and is just about holding on to his place because we've got no-one better.

10 hours ago, Palfy said:

He's not the only one to have had poor games this season, he is starting to get his game back together again you can see that in his last couple of games controlling  his space good touch and vision, he didn't cost the money we paid for him because he's never shown in his career he can play.

You think someone costing over £20m means that they have proven they can play? No.... Keane was part of a team and set up that suited him.   

You only need to look at Alexis Sanchez to understand that. 

12 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Before the Gana bashers show up, see how garbage the arsenal DM’s are before you hit send.  He would start over xhaka and elneny no doubt.

This just shows how much the media influenced reputation has an affect on people's opinions. 

Xhaka is one of the best in the prem. Think he's the only player for them who starts every game. If you put Gana in a top 6 team, they'd finish lower. 

5 minutes ago, pete0 said:

This just shows how much the media influenced reputation has an affect on people's opinions. 

Xhaka is one of the best in the prem. Think he's the only player for them who starts every game. If you put Gana in a top 6 team, they'd finish lower. 

Most Arsenal fans don't rate Xhaka at all, they think he is a liability and don't understand why Wenger keeps selecting him.