IGNORED

Who should replace Koeman?

Who should be Everton's new manager?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to see replace Ronald Koeman as manager of Everton?

• Carlo Ancelotti
    • Thomas Tuchel
    • Eddie Howe
    • Sean Dyche
    • Brendan Rodgers
    • Sam Allardyce
    • Rafael Benitez
    • David Unsworth
    • Duncan Ferguson
    • Someone else
    • Keep Koeman

12 minutes ago, yamar said:

He had enough points left to save them. Poor excuse. The same excuse you could use for saying Martinez won silverware with Wigan and kept them in the top flight for much longer than anyone expected.

Only 3 teams secured  more points than him in the league in his first 4 months... it was unreal how well he did. His team had been ripped apart. 

28 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Hull were doomed from the moment the owner ran off, they sold their best players and they went on a loosing streak. I think someone said they won 2  before Silva and 8 after he joined them, and played much better football. 

He had enough points left to save them. Poor excuse. The same excuse you could use for saying Martinez won silverware with Wigan and kept them in the top flight for much longer than anyone expected.

32 minutes ago, yamar said:

46 minutes ago, yamar said:

Do we have a bot under this account?

2 hours ago, yamar said:

The same people who hope it's Silva are the same people who hated Martinez. This is somewhat ammusig to me, as they are identical.... Silva took his tram to Stamford bridge and should have won by a mile with the chances they created... But what happened was he had an inept defense who conceeded in the last ten minutes and ended up losing two goal lead. They then go to goodison and do exactly the same. They are so alike BUT he looks the part, same as Martinez 'Bobby brown shoes'.... So Yerrrr let's get him.....makes me laugh all this.

The difference is that Silva has gone in to relegation threatened clubs and made them much harder to beat as well as getting them to score goals. 

I think his teams do ship a few chances but he has proven that if he needs to produce a team to dig in and fight it out, despite only having half a season to do it, then he is more than the man for the job. Martinez has only shown that he can do that with a team he produced (Wigan). 

I think Silva has style and substance.

Every manager must be Martinez clone who play offensive football then by that logic 

Hull and Watford are not Man City who have the funds to provide the kind of players to do both, we were very lucky in our game they had the chances to win it his players let him down it's hardly his fault they fluffed their chances the same with the Chelsea game 

Martinez fell very lucky in that the side he inherited and instilled some of his attacking style to it still had remence of Moyes's defensive mind set so we got the best of our lads imo, it soon turned to shit when he had full control I don't see the same happening to Watford as we speak 

26 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

As someone posted at the BBC site today, it's ridiculous how poor managers get fired, take an extended holiday, and then walk into another job. Sadly, these are the managers with whom we're mostly being associated.

We should be patient. There's really no rush.

We are rudderless and playing very poorly in a competitive league, we need a manager now.

2 minutes ago, London Blue said:

We have only played once at home since we sacked Koeman, the comeback against Watford.

We have also conceded more than 2 goals a game since he left.

We conceded five in Koeman's last home game. This week we conceded five in a meaningless game. In the league, we've been doing better since Koeman left. Of course we should be doing much much better, but my point is that there's no need to rush into hiring a manager who's failed at a club in the bottom half of the table.

1 hour ago, Cornish Steve said:

As someone posted at the BBC site today, it's ridiculous how poor managers get fired, take an extended holiday, and then walk into another job. Sadly, these are the managers with whom we're mostly being associated.

We should be patient. There's really no rush.

Very much this, if you ask me. Rushing, unless you had a curry too much, is usualy not the answer.

1 hour ago, Cornish Steve said:

We conceded five in Koeman's last home game. This week we conceded five in a meaningless game. In the league, we've been doing better since Koeman left. Of course we should be doing much much better, but my point is that there's no need to rush into hiring a manager who's failed at a club in the bottom half of the table.

Lets see what happens after the saints game.

11 hours ago, EFC-Paul said:

Every manager must be Martinez clone who play offensive football then by that logic 

Hull and Watford are not Man City who have the funds to provide the kind of players to do both, we were very lucky in our game they had the chances to win it his players let him down it's hardly his fault they fluffed their chances the same with the Chelsea game 

Martinez fell very lucky in that the side he inherited and instilled some of his attacking style to it still had remence of Moyes's defensive mind set so we got the best of our lads imo, it soon turned to shit when he had full control I don't see the same happening to Watford as we speak 

I think u forget that Martinez whiped the floor with Moyes's side in the fa cup. This whole inheriting Moyes side is a load of shite and I'm sick of hearing it. I can guarantee you that if Moyes would have stayed one more season, he would not have got the points tally Martinez did.

He also signed players that Moyes wouldn't have been able to get near.

My point isn't that Silva and Martinez are both shit, I liked Martinez as our manager and would liked to have given him another year. I'm saying that our fans are so fucking fickle, that when Silva comes. Plays attractive football and wins a few games, you's will all be creaming in your boots. And as soon as he starts conceding two, three goals game after game, watch the boos sound out again

I liked Martinez... the problem is he got carried away with his ideologies. He was like a chef who discovered putting a bit of chocolate in his chilli made the customers come back for more.... eventually you couldn't taste anything other than chocolate in his chilli, his roast dinners....the lot.

Moyes didn't even put chilli powder in his chilli. Never mind chocolate.... too scared of following through and spoiling his £10 training bottoms. 

I want Silva. Simple as that. 

18 minutes ago, yamar said:

I think u forget that Martinez whiped the floor with Moyes's side in the fa cup. This whole inheriting Moyes side is a load of shite and I'm sick of hearing it. I can guarantee you that if Moyes would have stayed one more season, he would not have got the points tally Martinez did.

My point isn't that Silva and Martinez are both shit, I liked Martinez as our manager and would liked to have given him another year. I'm saying that our fans are so fucking fickle, that when Silva comes. Plays attractive football and wins a few games, you's will all be creaming in your boots. And as soon as he starts conceding two, three goals game after game, watch the boos sound out again

To avoid reanimating the "Martinez debate" which rightly died and went to thread heaven a long time ago, I will just say this. Yes Martinez was good at developing our attacking play and made some good acquisitions. But like Koeman he could not recognise when he needed to adapt his philosophies, which led to the team under performing and thus was rightly sacked. 

Not every manager whose teams play attacking football is indebted to Martinez or inferior to him. 

46 minutes ago, yamar said:

I know what you mean about the boo boys but the same will happen if we get a Moyes-esque manager like Dyche only it will be when we can only muster 3 shots all game. Unless we win trophies, no manager will please anyone. I'd argue we are more likely to win something under Silva than Dyche.

36 minutes ago, hafnia said:

I liked Martinez... the problem is he got carried away with his ideologies. He was like a chef who discovered putting a bit of chocolate in his chilli made the customers come back for more.... eventually you couldn't taste anything other than chocolate in his chilli, his roast dinners....the lot.

Moyes didn't even put chilli powder in his chilli. Never mind chocolate.... too scared of following through and spoiling his £10 training bottoms. 

I want Silva. Simple as that. 

I' say the opposite.  I think he watered down his ideologies and that' when things started to go tits up. If he had stuck to his guns he wouldn' have got into the mess he did.

18 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I know what you mean about the boo boys but the same will happen if we get a Moyes-esque manager like Dyche only it will be when we can only muster 3 shots all game. Unless we win trophies, no manager will please anyone. I'd argue we are more likely to win something under Silva than Dyche.

I' say the opposite.  I think he watered down his ideologies and that' when things started to go tits up. If he had stuck to his guns he wouldn' have got into the mess he did.

The second part of your quote is absolutely bang on point Bailey and something that I have stated time after time.

The day the crowd got on his back when not playing more direct to lukaku, he lost his whole identity and that's when it went to pot. 

He was not inept, he was just very weak.

If he's would have come out and told the fans what he really thought, it would have shut those fucking Muppet's who pay £40 for a ticket and watch their local boys Sunday league side, thinking they know everything about tactics... Right up

1 hour ago, yamar said:

How is it shite? Martinez proved that he was inept defensively so how did that side finish so well whilst conceding so few goals? It's not about inheriting his side it was the ethos it had which Martinez fully erased the following season 

Compare that season to the next and Stevie Wonder would tell you that was the case 

You're quite the patronising bell end tbh calling fans fickle fucks etc when wasn't it you that blurted on about and macaronied your pants over fucking De Boer!? 

It's a risk as with any manager but to slate people's opinions and choices because it doesn't match yours is fucking ridiculous, give your head a wobble 

4 minutes ago, EFC-Paul said:

How is it shite? Martinez proved that he was inept defensively so how did that side finish so well whilst conceding so few goals? It's not about inheriting his side it was the ethos it had which Martinez fully erased the following season 

Compare that season to the next and Stevie Wonder would tell you that was the case 

You're quite the patronising bell end tbh calling fans fickle fucks etc when wasn't it you that blurted on about and macaronied your pants over fucking De Boer!? 

It's a risk as with any manager but to slate people's opinions and choices because it doesn't match yours is fucking ridiculous, give your head a wobble 

Listen ya little gobshite, when I call out boo boys, it's a generalisation over the many. I'm not singling u out am I... But to get ao defensive over that quote, you have just unearthed yourself as one of those plebs in the crowd.

1 hour ago, yamar said:

Are you suggesting you shouldn't be booed for conceding two or three goals every game? 

17 minutes ago, nogs said:

Are you suggesting you shouldn't be booed for conceding two or three goals every game? 

No, I firmly believe you should never boo your own team. Booing suggests you don't support your team.

29 minutes ago, yamar said:

Listen ya little gobshite, when I call out boo boys, it's a generalisation over the many. I'm not singling u out am I... But to get ao defensive over that quote, you have just unearthed yourself as one of those plebs in the crowd.

Far from a gobshite you sausage, I along with many other's have said he'd be a good choice you then bang on about people being fickle and creaming themselves, use your loaf that comment is directed towards myself and others 

Keep your generalising shite to yourself 

5 minutes ago, EFC-Paul said:

Far from a gobshite you sausage, I along with many other's have said he'd be a good choice you then bang on about people being fickle and creaming themselves, use your loaf that comment is directed towards myself and others 

Keep your generalising shite to yourself 

Nope

1 minute ago, nogs said:

I think if you're paying your money to be served up utter shite you're entitled to make your feelings known. 

Na, not for me... You can say what the fuck makes u feel better when you leave, but not whilst there playing. Never seen it work before.... And u are entitled to leave at any point you know.

11 minutes ago, EFC-Paul said:

Ha fair enough, I don't see Silva being Martinez 2.0 though the similarities will be there with most offensively minded foreign managers but for me the man has far more about him than that plank ever will 

Martinez will win the world cup. You heard it here first.