IGNORED

Who should replace Koeman?

Who should be Everton's new manager?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to see replace Ronald Koeman as manager of Everton?

• Carlo Ancelotti
    • Thomas Tuchel
    • Eddie Howe
    • Sean Dyche
    • Brendan Rodgers
    • Sam Allardyce
    • Rafael Benitez
    • David Unsworth
    • Duncan Ferguson
    • Someone else
    • Keep Koeman

13 minutes ago, EFC-Paul said:

Ha fair enough, I don't see Silva being Martinez 2.0 though the similarities will be there with most offensively minded foreign managers but for me the man has far more about him than that plank ever will 

Interestingly I watched the Newcaslte v Watford game from yesterday. 

Newcastle had 1 great chance and a half chance before Watford had one. Watford then went on to create several chances, albeit giving the odd chance away here and there. 

There are many similarities between the managers, which I personally have no problem with as Silva seems a more pragmatic version.

The board need to sort it this week. They surely know who they want. Although Moshiri saying there is a shortlist of 3, after all this time, is a bit worrying. Or maybe a decoy. But a shit one.

This team badly needs a new man with fresh eyes who will take each player on the merits he sees them.

They need a game plan. After today, and previous games, they clearly don't have one. They are completely lost and you can see they are frustrated with what is going on.

The confusion needs to be taken away. Get your starting 11 and allow them a run of games to get your way of playing through to them. Who ever 'you' are.

And I wouldn't encourage wholesale changes in January. Get a solid CB in and a solid Striker, and we'd see enough improvements to get us through this season, ready for the summer.

We are so shambolic at the back.

Sorry guys, but we need to close up at the back, have midfielders sit in front of the defense and play the ugly game. Unfortunately I'm not sure the players have the fight for that, but we need to close up and start going for 0-0, 1-0, 1-1's

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

I’ve posted articles on Silva before he prefers to setup on the counter actually so the Martinez shouts are a joke.  He likes very fast players so they can go from defense to attack immediately and score.  He’s not a possession hound.

Get back to champ man.

7 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

Sorry guys, but we need to close up at the back, have midfielders sit in front of the defense and play the ugly game. Unfortunately I'm not sure the players have the fight for that, but we need to close up and start going for 0-0, 1-0, 1-1's

That's what Unsworth has tried to do the last few games, most noticeable in the Palace game were it only lasted a minute. Our defence are just that shit the only way they'll keep a clean sheet is if the opposition have a bad day. 

I’ve posted articles on Silva before he prefers to setup on the counter actually so the Martinez shouts are a joke.  He likes very fast players so they can go from defense to attack immediately and score.  He’s not a possession hound.

So does Martinez... hence why we played probably our best ever counter attacking football under him.

10 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

The problem is that I think we are trying to shut up shop. Its not like we are playing attacking football, which again is part of the problem. We aren't good enough on the back foot so we need to get on the front foot. Squeeze up the pitch, get more compact and narrow the distance from front to back. We don't have the players to play that way though I guess, which starts the problem. You can tell from Unsworths comments (and Koemans in fairness) that they would both prefer to play that way. The difference is one had 3 transfer windows and 1 hasnt had any.

13 minutes ago, Bailey said:

So does Martinez... hence why we played probably our best ever counter attacking football under him.

The problem is that I think we are trying to shut up shop. Its not like we are playing attacking football, which again is part of the problem. We aren't good enough on the back foot so we need to get on the front foot. Squeeze up the pitch, get more compact and narrow the distance from front to back. We don't have the players to play that way though I guess, which starts the problem. You can tell from Unsworths comments (and Koemans in fairness) that they would both prefer to play that way. The difference is one had 3 transfer windows and 1 hasnt had any.

Bailey your just full of sense today. What have you eaten? Do us a favour pal, educate Mark for me, I can't be arsed.😀

Problem with shutting up shop is that we allow teams an easy day. They can attack at will without the worry of tracking back. This just invites non stop pressure and we don’t have the defence to be able to soak it up.

We need to sort out our offence to take the pressure of the defence. It’s soul destroying to clear a ball and have it come straight back at you.

4 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Problem with shutting up shop is that we allow teams an easy day. They can attack at will without the worry of tracking back. This just invites non stop pressure and we don’t have the defence to be able to soak it up.

We need to sort out our offence to take the pressure of the defence. It’s soul destroying to clear a ball and have it come straight back at you.

Exactly, when the ball is coming back wave after wave, there is only so long you can last.

Its no wonder that week after week, I couldn't tell you who are best back defenders are. After every game I think, he is terrible and shouldn't be playing and then the next game I think the same about someone else. The only player who should be there on merit is Kenny.

13 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Lets face facts, we are not going to get Silva now, so lets get Dyche. He can organise us, get Keane playing again and be given some money to sort us out and we can ship out the no hopers who are not part of the solution.

I get exactly what you mean. Silva was probably the right man 4-5 weeks ago but now Dyche might be needed to at least make us hard to beat. That said, Silva has taken over a Hull side and got them playing, so who knows!

5 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I get exactly what you mean. Silva was probably the right man 4-5 weeks ago but now Dyche might be needed to at least make us hard to beat. That said, Silva has taken over a Hull side and got them playing, so who knows!

My first choice would still be Silva, he has improved very poor squads, and plays good football. But with Watford being adamant he will not leave mid season we should we need to turn to someone who can improve us, and of all the available targets I think Dyche is the best one.

Unless Dyche has got a get out clause in his contract there's no way Burnley are going to let us talk to him, any manager coming in now is going to get a huge contract that will probably out way his ability, that goes for players as well we will end up in January paying top dollar and wages for short term mediocre players, unless the right manager comes along we might as well work with what we've got, sometimes in life you need to take a step back before moving forward, so going down would feel like the end of the world but in reality it wouldn't be and maybe that might be a blessing to let us strip back rebuild and come back stronger, instead of around of panic buying in January that in all probability won't work and give us the added problem of players we don't want latter on and can't get rid of.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

Martinez was all about attacking football and possession.  Silva is about counterattacking and no worrying about possession.  They are polar opposites.  Just because we could counter under Martinez doesn’t mean that was his intent and what we were setup to do.

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

But that's the problem shukes, we have our forwards playing in our own half trying to protect a non existent defence.  If the ball goes into their half there's only one forward there surrounded by three defenders.

Ive been mulling over our form lately and I never thought I'd say this but we've gone backwards since the day Moyes left. Our squad isn't as good and we just don't compete like we used to. It was pretty regular under Moyes we were competing in cup finals/semi finals (despite moyes not quite having the nuts to take us to a trophy). I'm not saying I want Moyes back at all but it is pretty depressing to be honest. 

5 minutes ago, Bill said:

But that's the problem shukes, we have our forwards playing in our own half trying to protect a non existent defence.  If the ball goes into their half there's only one forward there surrounded by three defenders.

I know what you mean, and you aren’t wrong. I just feel that if we could hold the ball up there better then it could take some pressure off!

Martinez was all about attacking football and possession.  Silva is about counterattacking and no worrying about possession.  They are polar opposites.  Just because we could counter under Martinez doesn’t mean that was his intent and what we were setup to do.

Silva is all about attacking football too. Martinez used possession when counter attacking wasn't possible as does Silva. How you counter attack is largely down to the player you have and the opposition your are playing. You need the right players to spot the counter and then an opposition that are prepared to attack with enough numbers. 

1 hour ago, mcirony said:

Ive been mulling over our form lately and I never thought I'd say this but we've gone backwards since the day Moyes left. Our squad isn't as good and we just don't compete like we used to. It was pretty regular under Moyes we were competing in cup finals/semi finals (despite moyes not quite having the nuts to take us to a trophy). I'm not saying I want Moyes back at all but it is pretty depressing to be honest. 

Gone so far backwards Walter Smith could still be in charge. 

I was all for getting Silva but with every Watford win and Everton this is less likely...The obvious candidate is available and wants the job. We need to get Big Sam in now.

There can be no snobbery from our fans in who we want as the next manager. We have no God given right to be in this league and we are no better than any of the other teams who have gone down, Villa, Leeds, Sunderland. We need someone to come in and sort this mess out...........

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

Unless Dyche has got a get out clause in his contract there's no way Burnley are going to let us talk to him, any manager coming in now is going to get a huge contract that will probably out way his ability, that goes for players as well we will end up in January paying top dollar and wages for short term mediocre players, unless the right manager comes along we might as well work with what we've got, sometimes in life you need to take a step back before moving forward, so going down would feel like the end of the world but in reality it wouldn't be and maybe that might be a blessing to let us strip back rebuild and come back stronger, instead of around of panic buying in January that in all probability won't work and give us the added problem of players we don't want latter on and can't get rid of.

I'd be gutted to lose our status as the second longest present team in the English top flight.