IGNORED

General Election/UK Politics

johnh

3 hours ago, patto said:

Of course the Tory’s are responsible for the 22 billion black hole but they aren’t in power now. 
Starmer and his party can’t just keep harping on about the 22 billion black hole every time they are asked a question. 
it’s the bus passes next why not stop giving billions away to other countries. 

Can they suddenly generate £22,000,000,000 to fix the problem?

2 hours ago, Matt said:

The government runs the country. The people are secondary to that and always will be. 

They don’t do a good job of it at all do they they started to destroy this country since the early 80s and they’ve done a great job of it the country is bankrupt   

23 hours ago, patto said:

They don’t do a good job of it at all do they they started to destroy this country since the early 80s and they’ve done a great job of it the country is bankrupt   

That's the Conservatives under their last 2 innings. Labour gets left with nothing to work with financially (actually, £22b less than nothing) and a country devoid of morale then are expected to correct decades of Conservative abuse of the population and the countrys infrastructure in a few months? It'll take a couple of years to even understand the true state of things let alone implement any improvements. 

I'm not giving Labour a free pass here. They made promises and are breaking then already. But they're politicians so I expect that and this time at least I can at least understand why. The Conservatives took the 5th biggest economy in the world, sold it's infrastructure and it's people for a pittance to companies that are profit driven all because they couldn't handle the unions in the 70s (very over simplified version).

I don't blame you for being angry. But direct the anger at the right person rather than the one currently in the spotlight. 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

That's the Conservatives under there last 2 innings. Labour gets left with nothing to work with financially (actually, £22b less than nothing) and a country devoid of morale then are expected to correct decades of Conservative abuse of the population and the countrys infrastructure in a few months? It'll take a couple of years to even understand the true state of things let alone implement any improvements. 

I'm not giving Labour a free pass here. They made promises and are breaking then already. But they're politicians so I expect that and this time at least I can at least understand why. The Conservatives took the 5th biggest economy in the world, sold it's infrastructure and it's people for a pittance to companies that are profit driven all because they couldn't handle the unions in the 70s (very over simplified version).

I don't blame you for being angry. But direct the anger at the right person rather than the one currently in the spotlight. 

I’m pointing the finger at all of them as far as I’m concerned they are all culpable. 
they have destroyed our country and are continuing to do so 

12 minutes ago, patto said:

I’m pointing the finger at all of them as far as I’m concerned they are all culpable. 

Not all of them destroyed the country, a select few who for some reason managed to convince the population they actually gave a shit. I'm not talking local MPs really, more those with more senior responsibility. But it's ludicrous to suggest Labour have contributed to the current climate they inherited other than accuse them of being a shit opposition party due to infighting for too long.

6 hours ago, patto said:

You know a different party have been in power for more than a decade? And we got a new party in power in just the last few weeks?

42 minutes ago, Matt said:

This the Edwards thing? 

Absolutely scandalous - starmer should have been in touch with the judge and said "don't you dare give him a slap on the wrist"

This isn't going to sit well and nor should it.  Kids need protecting - they are at risk of stabbings, abuse and the justice system does nothing to protect them. 

On 12/09/2024 at 11:30, StevO said:

Can they suddenly generate £22,000,000,000 to fix the problem?

To some they can who probably think they start with a clean slate and aren’t responsible for fixing the wrongs of the last administration before they can start implementing their own fuck ups for the future😀

59 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Absolutely scandalous - starmer should have been in touch with the judge and said "don't you dare give him a slap on the wrist"

This isn't going to sit well and nor should it.  Kids need protecting - they are at risk of stabbings, abuse and the justice system does nothing to protect them. 

Completely agree but it was entirely predictable sadly. 

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Shocking decision, Huw Edward’s is a pedophile and sex predator, who has been allowed to escape justice by the people who should have seen that justice was done, all he has done is throw in the mental health issues and got the sympathy vote. 

4 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Oh look.... our no nonsense justice system back to giving disgusting vile creatures a slap on the wrist.  

better be careful what I write in case I get a bigger sentence. 

And predictably the BBC are hand-wringing. They are appalled and betrayed by his conduct. 🤔 they were allegedly well aware of the paedo conduct.

13 hours ago, Gwlad said:

And predictably the BBC are hand-wringing. They are appalled and betrayed by his conduct. 🤔 they were allegedly well aware of the paedo conduct.

Surely the judge has made the right decision and he leaves a place in prison open for a child who may throw a stone or an old age pensioner who may post something stupid on Facebook 

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Innocent until proven guilty and all that I guess. 

I watched a 30 minute film on it last night.  Yes - it was by the Sun but the family of the 17 year old being groomed by him were trying to notify the BBC and only went to the Sun after getting nothing from the BBC.

he refused to pay back the money he earned whilst being charged - having not told his bosses. 

you can see the mask slip - he's not remorseful, arrogant. This country is a mess 

51 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I watched a 30 minute film on it last night.  Yes - it was by the Sun but the family of the 17 year old being groomed by him were trying to notify the BBC and only went to the Sun after getting nothing from the BBC.

he refused to pay back the money he earned whilst being charged - having not told his bosses. 

you can see the mask slip - he's not remorseful, arrogant. This country is a mess 

The country has too many woke do gooders to all things that are wrong I don’t know how people can support mass immigration and expect the country to get out of the mess we are in 

6 minutes ago, patto said:

I’m not saying you support it I’m saying plenty out there are supporting it but ask any will they take one in it’s a big no no they are ok holding their banners up 

No, nobody supports mass immigration. Absolutely no one has made that a policy and every party has said immigration has gotten out of hand. You have some fuckwits like Farage and Yaxley-Lennon lying constantly and exaggerating claims. But not 1 party and, in my experience, 1 person has been for mass immigration. Lots of people in favour of immigration, myself included, but not mass immigration. There's a profound difference between the 2 by just removing that 1 word. Just like no one supports illegal immigration.

56 minutes ago, Matt said:

No, nobody supports mass immigration. Absolutely no one has made that a policy and every party has said immigration has gotten out of hand. You have some fuckwits like Farage and Yaxley-Lennon lying constantly and exaggerating claims. But not 1 party and, in my experience, 1 person has been for mass immigration. Lots of people in favour of immigration, myself included, but not mass immigration. There's a profound difference between the 2 by just removing that 1 word. Just like no one supports illegal immigration.

They’ve had years to stop illegal immigration none have even bothered to try. 
they say they are going to target the gangs that’s a load of nonsense just take a few boats back it will soon stop. 

9 minutes ago, patto said:

they say they are going to target the gangs that’s a load of nonsense just take a few boats back it will soon stop. 

Yes, the Conservatives have had 15 years to do something but refused to. Labour haven't been in power 15 weeks yet. 

Yes, target the people smuggling gangs. Attack the actual cause of the issue rather than the symptoms. Their approach makes a lot of sense, but it will take a lot longer that 2.5 months to do especially since the country is skint.

3 hours ago, patto said:

Instead of stopping illegal immigration they stopped legal immigration. Which has done nothing but cause more problems, hatred and division. 

22 minutes ago, StevO said:

Instead of stopping illegal immigration they stopped legal immigration. Which has done nothing but cause more problems, hatred and division. 

They didn't stop any form of immigration unless you're referring to Brexit and freedom of movement which has only really lead to longer queues at the airport. 

The rest is by design.

17 hours ago, Matt said:

They didn't stop any form of immigration unless you're referring to Brexit and freedom of movement which has only really lead to longer queues at the airport. 

The rest is by design.

Definitely by design. But they closed off channels of application for asylum, for nothing more than political gain. Which didn’t work anyway.