IGNORED

General Election/UK Politics

johnh

38 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Facebook and social media in general can be very dangerous when used as a means to influence and radicalise people - it massively needs stamping down on. Look at people like Andrew Tate and Tommy Robinson and many, many, many more on whatever ‘side’ - they are so influential to some - the audience is almost limitless.

In the last week alone there’s been 5 or more stabbings 2 dead 2 rapes 1 woman raped while dead and we are worried about FB posting let’s get real. 

14 minutes ago, patto said:

In the last week alone there’s been 5 or more stabbings 2 dead 2 rapes 1 woman raped while dead and we are worried about FB posting let’s get real. 

I don't think it's necessarily the Facebook posting in the sense of people posting what they're having for their dinner, it's that social media is absolutely full of extreme views on both sides of the argument. Social media has absolutely warped the minds of society, and can allow people to quite literally believe what they want dependant on an agenda of their choosing. 

The policing of social media (or lack of) is a massive problem to social security.

46 minutes ago, patto said:

It’s not one or the other. You’re talking about the most extreme crimes which obviously need dealing with but that doesn’t mean online propaganda/radicalising should be ignored.

5 minutes ago, c1982 said:

It’s not one or the other. You’re talking about the most extreme crimes which obviously need dealing with but that doesn’t mean online propaganda/radicalising should be ignored.

But there won’t be an end to the most extreme crimes if anything it will get worse we will need more prisons the country is bankrupt how can we just keep bringing illegal immigrants in there’s nowhere for them to live plus it’s costing billions. 
I agree extreme posting should be dealt with but we are letting serious criminals out on our streets to accommodate someone who said something on SM. 

9 minutes ago, patto said:

I agree extreme posting should be dealt with but we are letting serious criminals out on our streets to accommodate someone who said something on SM. 

For reference:

The early release measures, which will exclude prisoners with sentences of four years or more for serious violent offences and sexual offences, could see as many as 5,500 prisoners released early in the next few months, according to Prison Officers Association chair Mark Fairhurst.

1 hour ago, c1982 said:

For reference:

The early release measures, which will exclude prisoners with sentences of four years or more for serious violent offences and sexual offences, could see as many as 5,500 prisoners released early in the next few months, according to Prison Officers Association chair Mark Fairhurst.

On the bright side for the rioters and those inciting/encouraging them (still waiting for Farage to be charged⏲️), none of them got more than four years, so they'll likely qualify for early release👍

On 21/08/2024 at 08:48, Zoo 2.0 said:

And yet a mass stabbing suspect is still having their identity kept anonymous. The riots were a disgrace, but the media/government are picking sides and it's clear to see. 

These people have been sentenced, therefore their sentence and identity is public.

The stabbing suspect, though its fully known he did it, until sentencing is still only a suspect. Once he has been sentenced it will be public information. But he has been caught and is locked up, so why does anyone not directly affected need to know who he is?

I never get the idea of "we dont know who they are", why do we need to? Have they caught him? Yes. Is he banged up and cant do it again? Yes. Fine, dont need to know anything else. The guys name, birthplace, political or religious preferences dont change any of it. 

23 hours ago, patto said:

Kept as secret as possible I said you have to search for what’s happening just let people know and the police will deal with it. 
it’s like the Welsh lad as they say there’s more to his history. 
why don’t you just admit this immigration is out of control and them bastards in government don’t give a fk as long as they keep bringing the illegal immigrants in. 
they won’t lose any sleep over people losing their lives 

The Welsh lad isnt an immigrant

Please give one example of how immigration has caused you a problem. I've asked you this before and you haven't given an answer.

1 hour ago, StevO said:

The Welsh lad isnt an immigrant

Please give one example of how immigration has caused you a problem. I've asked you this before and you haven't given an answer.

I didn’t say he was an immigrant 

why should I tell you anything about about me. 
I know fk all about you and don’t wish to know. 

4 hours ago, patto said:

I didn’t say he was an immigrant 

why should I tell you anything about about me. 
I know fk all about you and don’t wish to know. 

Exactly. You’ve been on the same forum as me for all these years and you know fuck all about me. So why do you think you know so much about immigrants who you also know fuck all about?

3 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Ofgem have raised the energy cap by 10%, which will cost households an extra £149 a year.

Labour said energy bills would be frozen if they came to power, and it had been fully costed.

It's almost as though we get told lies.... strangely though people tend to believe people who lie when it suits them. 

4 hours ago, Hafnia said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cgl211pwg1do.amp

remember when people said knife crime was an issue in London..... doesn't take long for an epidemic to spread in this country. I really do not know what the answer is.... extra police, extra searches, tough sentences, will that help? 

Fell on his own knife apparently running after some young lads bit of a slanging match I’ve seen the video 

1 hour ago, patto said:

Fell on his own knife apparently running after some young lads bit of a slanging match I’ve seen the video 

Forward it on to the police then, they're asking for help because apparently they haven't yet.

21 minutes ago, Matt said:

Forward it on to the police then, they're asking for help because apparently they haven't yet.

The police where there when discussions went on but isn’t it strange the bbc can come out with this story of 7 youths attack young man hours after the so called attack. 
is it because it’s in Liverpool. 

5 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Ofgem have raised the energy cap by 10%, which will cost households an extra £149 a year.

Labour said energy bills would be frozen if they came to power, and it had been fully costed.

Ofgem are a disgrace. They could have stopped this crisis when it started by changing how we are charged. 
When they can use the cost of the highest way of generating electricity to work out the cost of all of it, plus a margin on top, it’s out of order. Renewable energy is very cheap to produce, most energy we receive in UK homes come from renewable sources. Yet they charge us based on producing electricity from burning gas. 

We even had energy companies asking for windfall taxes and reform as they were making too much money.

Ofgem work for the energy companies, not the people. 

I locked in my energy prices only a week ago, and only because I saw an advert by chance. Lucky. 

10 minutes ago, patto said:

Matt it sounds like you don’t believe me 

:huh:

You didn't read the article then?

Ch Insp Tom Welch; "We need the public’s help in coming forward and telling us what they know," he said."

4 minutes ago, StevO said:

Ofgem are a disgrace. They could have stopped this crisis when it started by changing how we are charged. 
When they can use the cost of the highest way of generating electricity to work out the cost of all of it, plus a margin on top, it’s out of order. Renewable energy is very cheap to produce, most energy we receive in UK homes come from renewable sources. Yet they charge us based on producing electricity from burning gas. 

We even had energy companies asking for windfall taxes and reform as they were making too much money.

Ofgem work for the energy companies, not the people. 

I locked in my energy prices only a week ago, and only because I saw an advert by chance. Lucky. 

Not that we really needed any more evidence of it but what recent times have really hammered home is that there are cunts everywhere and they screw the average person every way they can to make themselves richer even though they already have more money than they could ever spend.

It's obscene.

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

:huh:

You didn't read the article then?

Ch Insp Tom Welch; "We need the public’s help in coming forward and telling us what they know," he said."

I did read the article but I don’t understand why it’s out there normally you don’t hear of anything about stabbings that quick as I said is it the Liverpool thing. 
or because it’s an immigrant that’s been stabbed. 

10 minutes ago, patto said:

I did read the article but I don’t understand why it’s out there normally you don’t hear of anything about stabbings that quick as I said is it the Liverpool thing. 
or because it’s an immigrant that’s been stabbed. 

All I was saying was that if you've seen a video and the police are asking for information, send it to them. 

I'd imagine it's out early because the police are asking for help and that's it. So if you can, then help. If you can't, stop speculating and wait for the information/explanation.

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

All I was saying was that if you've seen a video and the police are asking for information, send it to them. 

I'd imagine it's out early because the police are asking for help and that's it. So if you can, then help. If you can't, stop speculating and wait for the information/explanation.

So you don’t think it’s strange then that the BBC put out this article so quick. 
regarding the video it’s all over the internet now. 

28 minutes ago, patto said:

So you don’t think it’s strange then that the BBC put out this article so quick. 
regarding the video it’s all over the internet now. 

Because the police are asking for help so no. This is what journalism is supposed to do.

8 minutes ago, StevO said:

So violent crime in Liverpool doesn’t get reported in the media?

He's asking about the speed of it which is fair enough. The media does always seem to jump at the opportunity to show the city in a bad light.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

He's asking about the speed of it which is fair enough. The media does always seem to jump at the opportunity to show the city in a bad light.

Honestly don’t know. I hear about the violent crime all the time, but most of it is from talking to people.