IGNORED

General Election/UK Politics

johnh

1 hour ago, patto said:

People that can afford to leave will leave just a matter of time if you have a home to sell you are on a winner especially if you are a tradesman. 

I know people in the police who are essentially looking to leave the country as soon as they retire.... work that one out. It's not hard. Basically we are doomed. 

all the msm news and politicians will try and make you think otherwise - the people who know the streets know the truth. 

18 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I know people in the police who are essentially looking to leave the country as soon as they retire.... work that one out. It's not hard. Basically we are doomed. 

all the msm news and politicians will try and make you think otherwise - the people who know the streets know the truth. 

35 of them might leave earlier after the kicking they were given, for trying to protect people and property from hundreds of people hell bent on causing destruction and mayhem.

The residents of Southport fell victim to the heinous crime of the murders and attempted murders of their children, by some evil cunt, then before they had time to deal with their loss and grieve and support each other as a community does, hundreds if not thousands descended on them to riot in their streets and homes turning it into a war zone destroying their lives and property further. 
Is this the society we want to raise our families in when crimes are committed by people who are not classed as true British citizens the rule of the mob becomes Judge jury and executer, because if it is that would be the biggest factor for me leaving this country, not the crime’s committed they can happen anywhere you go. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

35 of them might leave earlier after the kicking they were given, for trying to protect people and property from hundreds of people hell bent on causing destruction and mayhem.

The residents of Southport fell victim to the heinous crime of the murders and attempted murders of their children, by some evil cunt, then before they had time to deal with their loss and grieve and support each other as a community does, hundreds if not thousands descended on them to riot in their streets and homes turning it into a war zone destroying their lives and property further. 
Is this the society we want to raise our families in when crimes are committed by people who are not classed as true British citizens the rule of the mob becomes Judge jury and executer, because if it is that would be the biggest factor for me leaving this country, not the crime’s committed they can happen anywhere you go. 

It can happen where you go but it doesn’t 

1 hour ago, Formby said:

Hoping calm prevails over the weekend. Government's failure to deal with the Tottenham riots in 2011 led to countrywide disorder. It doesn't take much for evil people to drive wedges between communities. It doesn't take much for stupid people to act on prejudice.

The evil people driving the wedges are our governments and people don’t see it. 
that emergency meeting the other day I’ll bet not one of them mentioned illegal immigration if they stop the boats they stop the violence. 
let’s hope it rains that will calm the protesters down. 

On 03/08/2024 at 08:09, Palfy said:

I have one very good friend who left the police on principle and one who has been very much involved in some of the most vile crimes we have seen in recent years. He was in the met 25 years ago - he's up here now and he despairs.  

how he has not been signed off due to work related stress I will never know. Trust me when I tell you - he has not once mentioned people protesting and rioting as a the main issue. He told me 3 years ago that the government and police know when riots will happen - they aren't "oops that came from nowhere". 

The government are absolutely petrified of civil unrest - they have huge resources in place to monitor the chances of unrest - pity they don't pay much attention to the issues that cause unrest. 

The population feel disenfranchised - it's as simple as that, yes the idiots lie in wait to pounce and take centre stage without any care or understanding of what's going on but the government shine the light on these idiots and label everyone else as being part of them. 

1 minute ago, patto said:

You have made my point what’s wrong with them country’s…….i wouldn’t go near any of them. 

When thy colonise Mars Patto hopefully you’ll be one of the first to get a ticket 🎫 

48 minutes ago, patto said:

The evil people driving the wedges are our governments and people don’t see it. 
that emergency meeting the other day I’ll bet not one of them mentioned illegal immigration if they stop the boats they stop the violence. 
let’s hope it rains that will calm the protesters down. 

It's not about stopping the boats. Thats a simplistic view.

its about lack of governance, control, the ability to have an infrastructure that works to accommodate and manage the people of this country and other countries. 

Right now we are miles off - I liken our country to a classroom with no pen and paper with unruly students and a substitute teacher trying to get control. More students being pushed in and the parents of children who want to do well and behave are being called "selfish for not giving other kids the chance to learn".  The headmaster walks in and is fearful of punishing the kids with adhd climbing over desks cos that may cause offence - he's focusing on little Johnny who has given up &  can't be arsed doing his homework anymore. 

22 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I have one very good friend who left the police on principle and one who has been very much involved in some of the most vile crimes we have seen in recent years. He was in the met 25 years ago - he's up here now and he despairs.  

how he has not been signed off due to work related stress I will never know. Trust me when I tell you - he has not once mentioned people protesting and rioting as an issue. He told me 3 years ago that the government and police know when riots will happen - they aren't "oops that came from nowhere". 

The government are absolutely petrified of civil unrest - they have huge resources in place to monitor the chances of unrest - pity they don't pay much attention to the issues that cause unrest. 

The population feel disenfranchised - it's as simple as that, yes the idiots lie in wait to pounce and take centre stage without any care or understanding of what's going on but the government shine the light on these idiots and label everyone else as being part of them. 

The reality is it happened Police were attacked trying to protect the property of the residents of Southport, it is the responsibility of everyone even those who protest peacefully to stop and condemn those who hijack protests to destroy maim and loot, but sadly no one wants to condemn or discuss the 35 police officers assaulted and hospitalised, attacking police officers for doing their jobs is not on. 

33 minutes ago, Palfy said:

The reality is it happened Police were attacked trying to protect the property of the residents of Southport, it is the responsibility of everyone even those who protest peacefully to stop and condemn those who hijack protests to destroy maim and loot, but sadly no one wants to condemn or discuss the 35 police officers assaulted and hospitalised, attacking police officers for doing their jobs is not on. 

Attacking the police & property should not happen.

i also said this 4 years ago when statues were pulled down and numerous police were badly hurt with the BLM protests in London. The difference is different people are speaking out as a result now - funny how consistency fails depending on who is doing it and for what reason. 

remember when someone climbed on the cenotaph and tried to set fire to the Union flag? 

22 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I don't think the Government has handled recent events at all well but what we're seeing with these "protests" are not about protecting kids or the country, they're opportunists wanting to cause mayhem and divide the country even further.

Do I think everyone there are far right thugs? No, and I feel sorry for those that have been duped into getting involved, but setting fire to buildings, attacking the police and innocent people is fucking wrong. End of story.

Thats why the government are thick as mince.

They know the disenfranchised are there waiting to use protests as a means of lining their dirty little pockets with goods stolen from shops. 

The learning should be "listen to peoples concerns and act on them" - cos as soon as people take to the streets it's game over. 

it will get worse. 

1 minute ago, barryj said:

It’s an absolute disgrace and moronic behaviour. Their just using the Southport tragedy as an excuse to attack Police, loot shops and cause widespread disorder. Thoughts should only be on one things that of the families of those killed and injured. I blame social media for a lot of it. 

Every single protest attracts people who take advantage for personal gain rather than expressing their discontent for the reason many will be there. 

in 2020 the blm protests were also bad - looting, police attacked, vandalism. No one was surprised - it's what happens. 

perceived inequality is the cause of riots. I personally hate them - they make me feel sick.... every part of my fight or flight seems to react to the views we see. 

the study of them makes humans look like predictable animals - no matter how much time goes by - the patterns are the same.  This is why I can barely understand the government - they know how close the population is to unrest. So I don't understand why they are so intentionally decisive. 

The handling of the Leeds riots, Manchester airport police attack and subsequent protests in Rotherham was the start of this.  There is no equality in how different groups are handled. From how the news is presented to how the police react - there is so much antagonism. 

the country is divided now - people who used to be in the centre are now moving to the edge of either side and this is due to the government, the police, msm, twitter.

very very bad times. 

1 minute ago, Hafnia said:

Every single protest attracts people who take advantage for personal gain rather than expressing their discontent for the reason many will be there. 

in 2020 the blm protests were also bad - looting, police attacked, vandalism. No one was surprised - it's what happens. 

perceived inequality is the cause of riots. I personally hate them - they make me feel sick.... every part of my fight or flight seems to react to the views we see. 

the study of them makes humans look like predictable animals - no matter how much time goes by - the patterns are the same.  This is why I can barely understand the government - they know how close the population is to unrest. So I don't understand why they are so intentionally decisive. 

The handling of the Leeds riots, Manchester airport police attack and subsequent protests in Rotherham was the start of this.  There is no equality in how different groups are handled. From how the news is presented to how the police react - there is so much antagonism. 

the country is divided now - people who used to be in the centre are now moving to the edge of either side and this is due to the government, the police, msm, twitter.

very very bad times. 

I think your issue then is with the press and social media that feed misinformation and false narratives. This creates and strengthens division especially with those that don’t validate or question what they read/see. Social media is programmed to push likeminded people together, which only leads to strengthening/validation of their opinions and feelings. 
I agree with your last 4 words but don’t agree with the lack of equality from Police. Those who act in a lawless way need to be dealt with fairly and robustly. 

3 minutes ago, barryj said:

I think your issue then is with the press and social media that feed misinformation and false narratives. This creates and strengthens division especially with those that don’t validate or question what they read/see. Social media is programmed to push likeminded people together, which only leads to strengthening/validation of their opinions and feelings. 
I agree with your last 4 words but don’t agree with the lack of equality from Police. Those who act in a lawless way need to be dealt with fairly and robustly. 

My gut also says this is all being driven by Russia and China.

31 minutes ago, barryj said:

my issue is press and social media? No it's not - it's just one of the issues. I'm well aware of what I have issues with. The main one is the government and self serving mps

There is a two tier approach and it's been going on for a while now.  Did you not see the police in stoke tell an Asian gang "you won't get arrested" knowing they had weapons.  BBC played it which was very surprising, 

8 hours ago, Hafnia said:

my issue is press and social media? No it's not - it's just one of the issues. I'm well aware of what I have issues with. The main one is the government and self serving mps

There is a two tier approach and it's been going on for a while now.  Did you not see the police in stoke tell an Asian gang "you won't get arrested" knowing they had weapons.  BBC played it which was very surprising, 

Firstly that footage was edited.  Haff. Check the BBC page https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cjjww791xnlo

Second when trying to prevent mass violent disorder, getting  groups to disarm and go home voluntarily is much preferable to forcing them too.

Third policing is not two tier. The right wing thugs were attacking people, burning cars and trying  to set fire to a hotel with people inside. This requires a much stronger response than people gathering to stop these thugs from trashing their homes.

Fourth people's concerns take time to address. You can't build millions of homes in a few months. To give this government its due it has changed planning and set out house building targets. Incidentally immigration was the 4th highest voter concern at the election. 

What these racist, thugs are doing is attacking asylum seekers, mosques and those who who  are not white. They use violence, intimidation and destruction to get their way. Those who propel the myths about the Southport child murderer being a immigrant or muslim, including would be politicians have blood on their hands.

Societies problems cannot be resolved by mob rule. What gives me hope, appart from my faith in God, is that after these attacks communities came together to repair the damage. Streets were repaired and cleaned, windows replaced and Mosques rebuilt. 

Once these violent criminals have been arrested charged and sentenced we can focus on building  homes and reparing public services. But these people will be identifies and arrested it may weeks or months after the violence took place, but they will be arrested, and brought before the courts. 

7 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Firstly that footage was edited.  Haff. Check the BBC page https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cjjww791xnlo

Second when trying to prevent mass violent disorder, getting  groups to disarm and go home voluntarily is much preferable to forcing them too.

Third policing is not two tier. The right wing thugs were attacking people, burning cars and trying  to set fire to a hotel with people inside. This requires a much stronger response than people gathering to stop these thugs from trashing their homes.

Fourth people's concerns take time to address. You can't build millions of homes in a few months. To give this government its due it has changed planning and set out house building targets. Incidentally immigration was the 4th highest voter concern at the election. 

What these racist, thugs are doing is attacking asylum seekers, mosques and those who who  are not white. They use violence, intimidation and destruction to get their way. Those who propel the myths about the Southport child murderer being a immigrant or muslim, including would be politicians have blood on their hands.

Societies problems cannot be resolved by mob rule. What gives me hope, appart from my faith in God, is that after these attacks communities came together to repair the damage. Streets were repaired and cleaned, windows replaced and Mosques rebuilt. 

Once these violent criminals have been arrested charged and sentenced we can focus on building  homes and reparing public services. But these people will be identifies and arrested it may weeks or months after the violence took place, but they will be arrested, and brought before the courts. 

Why have the lads assaulting police at Manchester airport not been charged?

I seen the unedited - said drop weapons off at a mosque? Not sure how that's ok. 

Yeah we know the majority of rioters are dickheads. Had the same people doing it at BLM in 2020. 

yeah there needs to be some unifying done - let's not pretend that some cultures aren't less keen on integrating than others. Birmingham is proof of that Sikhs have been a fantastic asset to their community - we have china town in Liverpool and multiculturalism can work but leaders and government and the police have work to do. 

21 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Why have the lads assaulting police at Manchester airport not been charged?

I seen the unedited - said drop weapons off at a mosque? Not sure how that's ok. 

Yeah we know the majority of rioters are dickheads. Had the same people doing it at BLM in 2020. 

yeah there needs to be some unifying done - let's not pretend that some cultures aren't less keen on integrating than others. Birmingham is proof that Sikhs have been a fantastic asset to their community - we have china town in Liverpool and multiculturalism can work but leaders and government and the police have work to do. 

It would seem haff that the racist white culture in the UK and it's supporters have the greatest problem integrating with others....

The violent thugs in the Manchester Airport incident will be investigated and the CPS will as in all cases make a charging decision. One made easier by all the video evidence. I can't tell you how long it will take, but should be fairly quick.

The Black Lives Matter protesters were not setting  fire to hotels with people in or trying to destroy places of worship. So I don't think it's right to equate mostly peaceful protests with people giving the nazi salute and looting shoe zone.

49 minutes ago, London Blue said:

It would seem haff that the racist white culture in the UK and it's supporters have the greatest problem integrating with others....

The violent thugs in the Manchester Airport incident will be investigated and the CPS will as in all cases make a charging decision. One made easier by all the video evidence. I can't tell you how long it will take, but should be fairly quick.

The Black Lives Matter protesters were not setting  fire to hotels with people in or trying to destroy places of worship. So I don't think it's right to equate mostly peaceful protests with people giving the nazi salute and looting shoe zone.

So help me out here.... if I battered a police woman I get arrested - released and they review evidence and not charged with anything? At what stage do I go to magistrates??? Something not right here. They broke a policewoman's nose and were not charged? Come on, you get charged that very night normally. 

Black lives matters protesters climbed on the cenotaph and lit fire to the union flag - assaulted police, pulled down statues and starmer took a knee. At the stage where starmer called Southport protesters right wing thugs there had been no hotels set on fire or places of worship.  I understand this has since happened and is beyond appalling. 

I'm well aware of the issues we have with white people of this country blue - more than aware. There are some absolute vile people around - yet the majority of white people are good hard working people.  Starmer has divided the people with his out of touch reaction to recent events. 

his inability to deal with issues with equal measure is to his detriment. It's not whataboutery its inconsistency.   He's under no illusions - he needs to make sure he gets things right. 

I've been all for zero tolerance right across the board - right across the board being the point.  The reactions to these riots are absolutely right - call the animals and thugs out. The problem is they didn't do this before and that's what's causing it. 

just seen that extra powers to remove face coverings has been given..... why only now?! It's been needed for years, get facial recognition and all that stuff and have it in force in residential areas where kids are using knives to steal bikes.   Again..... why only now?! 

every single person who has punched kicked thrown things at police should be given an automatic custodial sentence. Again - let's see this across the board 

it's great that starmer has said he will get all the people involved - could he extend that to all the other crimes in the community like burglaries that don't even get solved? My mate left the police cos the call outs were not getting done. 

Haff the investigation at Manchrster Airport is ongoing, it's that simple.

Draconian powers like sec 60 and removal of face coverings require a certain level of justification to be enacted, which is a good thing! 

The vast majority of all people are good not just white people Haff.

Not sure what the prime minister could have said except to call it out as racist vile behaviour and backed authorities to deal with it. Im more concerned about Farage questioning the statements police gave about the murderer, given the reaction that caused.

Not sure e has been inconsistent. I think the incident at Southport where the right wing mob attacked a mosque kind of gave them away as right wing thugs. Plus the PM has way more Intel on this than you or I.

I'm sorry your mate left the  Police, yes we have problems, low numbers being one of them. But we carry on trying to protect the public as best we can