IGNORED

General Election/UK Politics

johnh

25 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

They’re taking two seats from Labour in Barnsley apparently.

The warning signs are there, fucking heed them.

This is the thing.... there is clearly issues that some parts of the country are feeling. People aren't just suddenly saying "let's be racist"...... it's a protest vote - voices are not being heard. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Houghton and Sunderland south had reform getting a massive increase in votes - labour won but reform are getting more votes than what people would expect 

Labour will be in big, big trouble if they don’t get on top of the issues facing the country quickly. The Tories will now lean even more heavily right, Reform are leading the way there too, so it’s going to be a huge fight.

I don’t see Labour being in power past 5 years unless there’s major change.

So that’s it no change liar for liar open borders. 
did you hear the Tik Tok of Starmer 

i fuking hate Liverpool and he doesn’t mean the football team 

If you live in your parents bedroom your there possibly for the rest of your life you will never get to the top of the housing list in that respect you don’t exist  

24 minutes ago, patto said:

So that’s it no change liar for liar open borders. 
did you hear the Tik Tok of Starmer 

i fuking hate Liverpool and he doesn’t mean the football team 

If you live in your parents bedroom your there possibly for the rest of your life you will never get to the top of the housing list in that respect you don’t exist  

What tiktok? People have to very careful with them, so much of it is AI generated now.

https://fullfact.org/online/keir-starmer-liverpool-hate/

As for the reauly, I can't even celebrate. I'm relieved and worried for what happens next. I know I chose Tory lite in the hopes of some stability like back in the 90s, but I'm still really uncomfortable.

Still, fuck the Tory's :yay:

6 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Labour will be in big, big trouble if they don’t get on top of the issues facing the country quickly. The Tories will now lean even more heavily right, Reform are leading the way there too, so it’s going to be a huge fight.

I don’t see Labour being in power past 5 years unless there’s major change.

Then they're going to be in big, big trouble. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Then they're going to be in big, big trouble. 

It's more a belief because Labour haven't won due to people believe in them or their policies (what policies :lol:), it's because people hate and want rid of the Tories. Last night they were projected to get a lower share of the vote than they did in the two previous losing GEs, but I don't know if that became a reality with the actual vote. If it was the case then that's pretty damning and further shows that the current voting system is a joke.

I'm crossing my fingers Labour get rid of the liar before the next election.

4 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

It's more a belief because Labour haven't won due to people believe in them or their policies (what policies :lol:), it's because people hate and want rid of the Tories. Last night they were projected to get a lower share of the vote than they did in the two previous losing GEs, but I don't know if that became a reality with the actual vote. If it was the case then that's pretty damning and further shows that the current voting system is a joke.

I'm crossing my fingers Labour get rid of the liar before the next election.

Me too, or that all his lies were just to get into power so he can actually do something. 

Reform for the 3rd most votes in Wirral West, the Tory's still got 12k votes here too. 

20 minutes ago, Matt said:

Me too, or that all his lies were just to get into power so he can actually do something. 

Reform for the 3rd most votes in Wirral West, the Tory's still got 12k votes here too. 

It makes me ill that people local to me vote that way. It's sad.

Labour won with a big majority in my constituency, thankfully.

My tactical vote had an impact LibDem beat the Tories in one of their heartland areas. 
This is a momentous turnaround by the Labour Party in 4.5 years from their worst election to their best election, yes the Tories destroyed themselves with a poor record, incompetence, and infighting, but the electorate could have voted for multiple parties if they didn’t want Labour in power yet still wanted to get rid of the Tories. 
People are trying to turn our democracy into a personality contest in the same way as the USA, forget the personality contest and vote on the party who is in a better place and shape to run the country, and thankfully the majority of voters have done that. 

20 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

It makes me ill that people local to me vote that way. It's sad.

Labour won with a big majority in my constituency, thankfully.

Same here but still 6500 people voting reform and 13k for the Tory's. This is why I can't trust the public :lol:

Just now, Matt said:

Same here but still 6500 people voting reform and 13k for the Tory's. This is why I can't trust the public :lol:

I'm really happy that truly evil Tories like Reese-Mogg, Mordaunt, Truss, Fabricunt etc lost their seats. Shame Badenoch kept hers though.

Also really pleased that Corbyn won his seat as an independent too.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Went to bed with reform projected to get thirteen seats, and woke up to find they "only" got four. Still four too many, but easier to live with; for once I'm grateful for FPTP.

The Greens also won 4 seats, so that's a nice bit of progress to offset it somewhat.

12 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Labour may legalise marajuana and hopefully be more open to using psychedelics to treat mental health disorders. 

Imagine all them in parliament on pot instead of the Lemo doesn’t bear thinking about. 

19 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Labour may legalise marajuana and hopefully be more open to using psychedelics to treat mental health disorders. 

Well they will need a few more ways of making the average person pay into the pot seeing as they aren't going to get the wealthy to do it.

disgusting.  Very concerning and shows the brewing issues that will no doubt hit the streets before long.

labour need to invest a shed load of money into policing/national security. 

Equal rights and diversity isn't the long aim for some - thats the short term goal, it's the ability to get into a position where they can show people how discrimination can really be done. 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Well they will need a few more ways of making the average person pay into the pot seeing as they aren't going to get the wealthy to do it.

It’s ok they can attack pensioners and means test anything they are entitled to oh and check their bank accounts. 

32 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

disgusting.  Very concerning and shows the brewing issues that will no doubt hit the streets before long.

labour need to invest a shed load of money into policing/national security. 

Equal rights and diversity isn't the long aim for some - thats the short term goal, it's the ability to get into a position where they can show people how discrimination can really be done. 

There is no money though so taxes are going up again. That's not a labour issue, any party would have to after half a trillion was spaffed up the wall.