IGNORED

General Election/UK Politics

johnh

12 minutes ago, patto said:

If you go online to register what ID do you think you need to vote the last time I voted I needed a passport or driving license and that was only the locals. 
I don’t recall ever being asked this before. 

If you're on the electoral register, which you should be, you don't have to register online...I never have, so no idea what you need; but it can't just be driving licence or passport, many people have neither.

37 minutes ago, MikeO said:

If you're on the electoral register, which you should be, you don't have to register online...I never have, so no idea what you need; but it can't just be driving licence or passport, many people have neither.

What I mean MikeO is I needed ID last locals which I’ve never needed before. 
when I went to have a look about registering it seems you don’t need anything maybe I read it wrong. 
what I thought it’s open to abuse. 

2 minutes ago, patto said:

when I went to have a look about registering it seems you don’t need anything maybe I read it wrong. 

Pretty sure you need photo ID unless you're a postal voter like me.

20 minutes ago, patto said:

You now need photo ID to vote when you get to the polling station, not to register; tories introduced the law in 2022.

To register you need a national insurance number, not open to abuse at all.

On 10/06/2024 at 23:13, MikeO said:

Just got a ticket for a "hustings" with my lot, suspect there may be some laughter; I won't be able to join in but I'm in row B so throwing something is an option.

Was last night, reform candidate was as thick as an extremely thick thing...he had about three supporters in the audience who clapped manically at everything he said, everyone else (around 200 I reckon) just laughed at him. Climate denial, everything is the immigrants fault, cut every tax in the universe; fucking idiot, restored my faith in people a bit to see he got such minute support in the room.

Other three were all polished and plausible, annoyingly the one who came over best was the tory, been MP in a local constituency for twenty-three years, but with boundary changes he's now in my area. He was very much pro-Europe and anti all the nutjobs in his own party (Johnson, Truss etc), very apologetic and held his hands up about tory cock-ups, does a lot of cross party stuff...no way I'd ever vote tory but on this occasion, if he wins, I'll be confident we have a decent constituency MP.

So the globalist elite want us to go to war in Ukrain now 

Tobias Elwood said we need to fight Russia on the front line are these people crazy. 
it’s called depopulation they will kill off as many people as possible with dirty vaccines viruses and war. 
let’s put Tobias on the front line and all the corrupt MPs. 

31 minutes ago, patto said:

So the globalist elite want us to go to war in Ukrain now 

Tobias Elwood said we need to fight Russia on the front line are these people crazy. 
it’s called depopulation they will kill off as many people as possible with dirty vaccines viruses and war. 
let’s put Tobias on the front line and all the corrupt MPs. 

There's no way that's happening. 

25 minutes ago, patto said:

Why is he asking for it it’s the thin end of the wedge it’s the same as talking about taxing the pensioners even more than they already  are it’s a disgrace. 

Because he's a moron who doesn't understand global politics and tactics?

We go to Ukraine, nukes start falling. That simple. 

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

Because he's a moron who doesn't understand global politics and tactics?

We go to Ukraine, nukes start falling. That simple. 

I know that’s the end result but the elites don’t want to talk about peace they all seem to want war it’s a case of let’s supply more weapons it’s a form of money laundering no one gives a fk about people dying they are all sitting pretty in their ivory towers. 

49 minutes ago, patto said:

I know that’s the end result but the elites don’t want to talk about peace they all seem to want war it’s a case of let’s supply more weapons it’s a form of money laundering no one gives a fk about people dying they are all sitting pretty in their ivory towers. 

That's no different to any other day for hundreds and thousands of years. 

The weapons aren't just for money though. If Ukraine falls, Russia gets control of one of the biggest food exporters in the world. It's not just about Ukrainian freedom, it's western freedom. 

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

That's no different to any other day for hundreds and thousands of years. 

The weapons aren't just for money though. If Ukraine falls, Russia gets control of one of the biggest food exporters in the world. It's not just about Ukrainian freedom, it's western freedom. 

And if Russia fail the USA get control of Ukrain. 
you always say follow the money why is nobody talking piece too many lives are being lost it’s a disaster. 

21 minutes ago, patto said:

And if Russia fail the USA get control of Ukrain. 
you always say follow the money why is nobody talking piece too many lives are being lost it’s a disaster. 

US aren't interested in controlling Ukraine, they're too strategically important.

The only reason there's no talk of peace is because of Putin. He's said he's open to talks assuming he can keep the territory he's already taken, which obviously won't happen and Ukraine have said they'll open peace talks as soon as Russia withdraws from it's lands. The talk is there but only 1 person can make it happen.

7 hours ago, Matt said:

US aren't interested in controlling Ukraine, they're too strategically important.

The only reason there's no talk of peace is because of Putin. He's said he's open to talks assuming he can keep the territory he's already taken, which obviously won't happen and Ukraine have said they'll open peace talks as soon as Russia withdraws from it's lands. The talk is there but only 1 person can make it happen.

Trump?:huh:

49 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I know Labour won it last time out but the MP that won it isn't running this time.

Even if it was a close run thing I still wouldn't have voted for Labour in this election.

If it was a close run thing with the Tories then you would expect the Tory vote to decrease and the Labour vote to possibly increase than decrease, so you may still get a Labour victory even though not wanted but I hope you agree still better than a Tory victory even if only marginally better. 
I live in a Conservative safe seat of 23,000 and something votes has been since the mid nineties, they have changed the boundaries since the last election and created a new seat called Cotswold South that horrible fucker James Gray who currently MP for my old constituency is going to be the Tory candidate for the new seat, our local paper estimated that based on the last election if the new seat was about then he would have won by 20,000 so votes. 
What happened in the local elections in the areas covered by Cotswold South was a pretty much a LibDem landslide, as an ardent Labour voter I could vote with my heart ❤️ and pretty much piss my vote up against the wall as it would literally count for nothing, or I could do what I’m going to do and vote with my head and vote LibDem in the hope that they can knock over the blue wall and take the seat away from the Tories, so I’m going to use my vote tactically in the hope that the Tories lose the seat, and if that were to happen that would be a better outcome for the country than a Tory win. So I feel I’m going to vote with everyone in mind who wants to see the back of this Tory government and yes Mark that’s a vote for you as well mate 😀👍