• Ashleigh Williams
    • Matthew Pennington
    • Leighton Baines
    • Idrissa Gana Gueye
    • Tom Davies
    • Dominic Calvert-Lewin
    • Romelu Lukaku
    • Ross Barkley

Because Gana and Davies were exposed - we needed an extra body in there.

I can see why the plan was to go 3 at the back as that's proved the best system to snuff out their attack but we then counteracted that by leaving ourself short in centre mid. Barkley needs to do more working back in this type of game.

I am pretty sure that when we played City we had 3 in the middle and then 2 strikers (well Barkley floating and Rom).

I don't know why you would drop Barry out of a game where you can play him deep and use the legs of Gana and Davies to go Bix to box? We were trying to lump it forward and win the second ball so all 3 were up there supporting Rom from a wide position but it wasn't working.

Look at the goals we have conceded when Gana has played. You'll see him jogging back on the wrong side of the man or putting in a half arsed tackle.

Thank god for the 111 tackles (more than any other player in the league despite missing 6 weeks at the AFCON) he has made then - we must be really exposed. He's also our leader of most passes with 1,444. I'd guess he probably covers the most distance too (but can't find the stats for this). Pretty important player in my opinion.

Thank god for the 111 tackles (more than any other player in the league despite missing 6 weeks at the AFCON) he has made then - we must be really exposed. He's also our leader of most passes with 1,444. I'd guess he probably covers the most distance too (but can't find the stats for this). Pretty important player in my opinion.

In them 4 games we were undefeated and got 10 points. Starting with the 4-0 at home to city.

He makes three tackles when a pass is on. With better positioning he'd not have to make as many tackles. Sometimes the smart thing to do is play it on to the oppositions weaker foot, put them in the corner. Make them run in to trouble, players do it too Barkley all the time.

Look at the goals we have conceded when Gana has played. You'll see him jogging back on the wrong side of the man or putting in a half arsed tackle.

So we should sell one of our best players because he was aweful in one game along with 10 other players?

Think about what you're saying. Look at the man of the match thread results. He's been our most influential player over the course of this season.

So we should sell one of our best players because he was aweful in one game along with 10 other players?

Think about what you're saying. Look at the man of the match thread results. He's been our most influential player over the course of this season.

He went off the boil before Christmas. Since everyone had caught up to his fitness he's not got the brain to keep up the pace of the football.