IGNORED

Wayne Rooney

23 minutes ago, rubecula said:

How about player coach, our best ever manager was a player manager when he took over.  I think we could use his knowledge, and he could still provide cover …..

Player (occasional) and coach is a great shout, you are right his presence, experience and leadership would be a great boost for our younger players, but I think Rooney wants to play football, its what he loves. If he can get more games playing in the states then that's what he should do. He could always come back as a coach later on ala Dunk.

8 hours ago, rubecula said:

this is despite him being our top scorer last season and not playing too often?  I want  him to stay another season at least he is still good enough imo.  besides  he will one day be a manager and if he is good enough for that I think he could be good enough for us.

He was our top scorer almost by default, though. By midseason, he was tired and beyond unproductive. Even early on, his goal scoring record hid some pretty disastrous performances. I appreciate the sentiment, but Man U traded strikers with us for a reason.

4 minutes ago, nyblue23 said:

He was our top scorer almost by default, though. By midseason, he was tired and beyond unproductive. Even early on, his goal scoring record hid some pretty disastrous performances. I appreciate the sentiment, but Man U traded strikers with us for a reason.

By mid-season the hole team were pretty much under performing thanks mainly to the none football system brought in by Allardyce.

Rooney’s goals contributed to a lot of our points last season and if he wasn’t doing that first half of the season we would have been totally fucked, because DCL once again proved he can’t do what strikers are paid to do which is score goals.

So before you start ridiculing what he did last season think on we could have been gone without his input and that isn’t sentiment that’s fact. 

Just add to some context. Rooney scored 10 goals, 3 direct pens and the one against West Ham that he missed and then converted. 

Cenk scored 5 in the second half of the season.

Niasse scored 8.

You could also argue that without DCL's goals and assists (total 10 against Rooney's total of 12) we might have been equally as fucked early season. 

If anything those stats just go to show that Niasse should have played a lot more than he did and the creative players in our side did fuck all creating! Two of the lowest quality attacking players scored the most goals and created the most assists from open play in the squad, despite not even playing the most minutes.

6 hours ago, Palfy said:

By mid-season the hole team were pretty much under performing thanks mainly to the none football system brought in by Allardyce.

Rooney’s goals contributed to a lot of our points last season and if he wasn’t doing that first half of the season we would have been totally fucked, because DCL once again proved he can’t do what strikers are paid to do which is score goals.

So before you start ridiculing what he did last season think on we could have been gone without his input and that isn’t sentiment that’s fact. 

5 hours ago, Bailey said:

Just add to some context. Rooney scored 10 goals, 3 direct pens and the one against West Ham that he missed and then converted. 

Niasse scored 8.

You could also argue that without DCL's goals and assists (total 10 against Rooney's total of 12) we might have been equally as fucked early season. 

If anything those stats just go to show that Niasse should have played a lot more than he did and the creative players in our side did fuck all creating! Two of the lowest quality attacking players scored the most goals and created the most assists from open play in the squad, despite not even playing the most minutes.

Agree with Bailey 100% here. Rooney had the same player rating as Niasse on the season according to whoscored and his pass percentage was a full 7 points lower than your favorite player Gana. Rooney was not much, if any, above a replacement level player for us, and if we want better football and better results next season, he really shouldn’t be anywhere near our squad. You’re seeing him through blue-tinted glasses, which is understandable, but not very realistic.

There's no doubt that Rooney had a good impact in the first half of the season when it came to his goals, but he really fell off the second half of the season. 

He'll want a lot of playing time, because he is a competitor, but he doesn't have the legs/ability to play full matches anymore, at least not in this league.

I really feel he'll struggle in MLS -- he's more suited for China. MLS isn'ttt nearly as technical as the PL, but the physicality is extremely demanding. 

17 hours ago, rubecula said:

this is despite him being our top scorer last season and not playing too often?  I want  him to stay another season at least he is still good enough imo.  besides  he will one day be a manager and if he is good enough for that I think he could be good enough for us.

Yes. As Bailey has explained before me.

I was buzzing each and every time he scored. But I was also hissing at the amount of times he gave the ball away, and he did it in some real bad positions. A lot.

I also think he wants to play every week. And I don't think he'll come close to that when you consider that we will be playing with more energy and pace. I can't see how he will fit into a Silva system.

I won't cry if he stays, I have nothing against him, and while I agree he would be great to have around the place, I really don't think he wants a bit part role.

On 02/06/2018 at 10:51, Bailey said:

Niasse scored 8.

Bailey let me add some context here Tosun wasn’t here first half of the season my point being with out Rooney’s goals we could have been sunk DCL was woeful and Niasse was third choice behind them, which was a poor decision, so for people to completely slag Rooney off in my opinion is blinkered with out his input first half of the season we could be playing championship football next season. 

And what pissed me off was that NYblue completely slags  Rooney and his goals off as irrelevant, what a fucking load of bollocks. 

And like I said I agree that Rooney had a poor second half to the season reason mainly being Allardyce. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Bailey let me add some context here Tosun wasn’t here first half of the season my point being with out Rooney’s goals we could have been sunk DCL was woeful and Niasse was third choice behind them, which was a poor decision, so for people to completely slag Rooney off in my opinion is blinkered with out his input first half of the season we could be playing championship football next season. 

And what pissed me off was that NYblue completely slags  Rooney and his goals off as irrelevant, what a fucking load of bollocks. 

And like I said I agree that Rooney had a poor second half to the season reason mainly being Allardyce. 

People aren't slagging him though!

Just stating their own valid opinion that they can't see how he fits into our way of play.

People can say 'no' to a player without it meaning that they are slagging him or whatever.

Maybe he'll be 'born again' under Silva. But all we can go on was what we seen last season. And that wasn't enough to warrant a guaranteed start, which is what I think he's after at this time in his career.

29 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

People aren't slagging him though!

Just stating their own valid opinion that they can't see how he fits into our way of play.

People can say 'no' to a player without it meaning that they are slagging him or whatever.

Maybe he'll be 'born again' under Silva. But all we can go on was what we seen last season. And that wasn't enough to warrant a guaranteed start, which is what I think he's after at this time in his career.

Most aren’t mate and I’m not trying to convince anyone that he’s good he probably is done, but the original post I responded to was to say I didn’t agree with it and I gave reasons why about Rooney in the first half of the season, so look at what NYblue said look at my response and get back to me if you agree with what and how he said it, but don’t bother if all you want to do is debate whether Rooney’s good enough or not because I wasn’t giving an opinion on that and don’t want to be in broiled in that argument. 

He was top scorer by default, rubbish 

Early on his goal scoring record hid some disastrous performances, rubbish 

4 hours ago, Palfy said:

No doubt he played a part in the first half of the season but he was still very in and out and it was why he was dropped from playing up front. It wasnt until Unsy put him in midfield that he showed some form again but that also quickly dipped.

You cant argue that Rooney added value to us at that point and then dismiss DCLs contribution as "woeful" given my previous post and that was in the context of playing up front on his own in a fucking awful side. He put in a huge shift during that period. 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

Most aren’t mate and I’m not trying to convince anyone that he’s good he probably is done, but the original post I responded to was to say I didn’t agree with it and I gave reasons why about Rooney in the first half of the season, so look at what NYblue said look at my response and get back to me if you agree with what and how he said it, but don’t bother if all you want to do is debate whether Rooney’s good enough or not because I wasn’t giving an opinion on that and don’t want to be in broiled in that argument. 

Oooooooh put ya handbag away missus!!!

10 minutes ago, Bailey said:

No doubt he played a part in the first half of the season but he was still very in and out and it was why he was dropped from playing up front. It wasnt until Unsy put him in midfield that he showed some form again but that also quickly dipped.

You cant argue that Rooney added value to us at that point and then dismiss DCLs contribution as "woeful" given my previous post and that was in the context of playing up front on his own in a fucking awful side. He put in a huge shift during that period. 

And that was exactly my point his contribution and goals were valuable first half of season. 

10 hours ago, Palfy said:

If he hadn't taken a few penalties, he wouldn't have been our top scorer.

17 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

If he hadn't taken a few penalties, he wouldn't have been our top scorer.

So that means he’s not the real top scorer because he took 3 penalties and obviously they don’t count as real goals, or that penalties are easy to score so they shouldn’t count.                                            I’m struggling that you actually believe that to be honest that’s got be weirdest thing I’ve heard this year. 

9 hours ago, Palfy said:

So that means he’s not the real top scorer because he took 3 penalties and obviously they don’t count as real goals, or that penalties are easy to score so they shouldn’t count.                                            I’m struggling that you actually believe that to be honest that’s got be weirdest thing I’ve heard this year. 

So if Baines had taken and scored 12 goals, you'd claim he was our top striker?

There's a clear difference between a striker scoring goals in active play and someone scoring penalties. Of course neither is easy, but let's be clear: Rooney is not our leading scorer in open play. That title goes to Niasse.

9 hours ago, Palfy said:

And the weirdest thing I've seen all year is you typing 37 spaces between your sentences - presumably one for each of our goals last season (less the penalties). :)

3 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

So if Baines had taken and scored 12 goals, you'd claim he was our top striker?

There's a clear difference between a striker scoring goals in active play and someone scoring penalties. Of course neither is easy, but let's be clear: Rooney is not our leading scorer in open play. That title goes to Niasse.

Show me where striker was mentioned? and if Baines had scored 12 goals all from the spot he would be the top scorer for the season.

Rooney is the top scorer and not by default but because he scored the most goals, but because you don't rate him let's start to find ways of ridiculing his achievement, by not counting the penalties, oh let's take away any dead ball situations he may of scored from direct or indirect, then any attempts at goal that may have touched an opposition player or the keeper on the way in let's call them own goals.

There you go Niasse was the top scorer last season, know wonder a few people struggled to understand the predictions league you ran last season, you seem to have a different view on results.😃 

Now joking aside no matter how you try to gloss over it Rooney was the top scorer last season, and his goals secured us a good percentage of our points and probably had a big bearing on our survival last season.

6 hours ago, Palfy said:

Show me where striker was mentioned? and if Baines had scored 12 goals all from the spot he would be the top scorer for the season.

Rooney is the top scorer and not by default but because he scored the most goals, but because you don't rate him let's start to find ways of ridiculing his achievement, by not counting the penalties, oh let's take away any dead ball situations he may of scored from direct or indirect, then any attempts at goal that may have touched an opposition player or the keeper on the way in let's call them own goals.

There you go Niasse was the top scorer last season, know wonder a few people struggled to understand the predictions league you ran last season, you seem to have a different view on results.😃 

Now joking aside no matter how you try to gloss over it Rooney was the top scorer last season, and his goals secured us a good percentage of our points and probably had a big bearing on our survival last season.

Silly season is upon us. 

Who said I don’t rate him? I’m simply pointing out that our most valuable striker in terms of goals was Niasse.