IGNORED

Jordan Pickford

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Thought he made some excellent punches too. Really ploughed into the players in front of him and got the ball to safety each time. 

The saves are what we all expect from him, no ones every questioned his shot stopping but his command of area was top top quality. Especially when he went right through Mina to get on, absolutely love that.

6 hours ago, Btay said:

The saves are what we all expect from him, no ones every questioned his shot stopping but his command of area was top top quality. Especially when he went right through Mina to get on, absolutely love that.

I agree, its something that shows his mind is in the right place. Good, decisive decision making. Long may it continue.

15 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I agree, its something that shows his mind is in the right place. Good, decisive decision making. Long may it continue.

Really pivotal season for his career. Last year could be looked at as just a blip or  as a sign that he doesn’t have the mentality to be be a top keeper consistently. It’s  up to him now. He isn’t the first player to have reached a certain level of success and then let his foot off the gas. How he responds (and early returns are excellent) will show a lot about the type of person he is. 

27 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

Really pivotal season for his career. Last year could be looked at as just a blip or  as a sign that he doesn’t have the mentality to be be a top keeper consistently. It’s  up to him now. He isn’t the first player to have reached a certain level of success and then let his foot off the gas. How he responds (and early returns are excellent) will show a lot about the type of person he is. 

I agree - he needs a good and relatively consistent season to restore faith and to prove he actually adds value to the team. Needs to be that keeper who's saves ensure we nick points rather than producing gaffs that end up costing points. The Spurs performance was a good way to start the season and glad he's getting the votes in the MoM poll. 

I am still nervous as fook watching him, mind!! 😂I hope that changes

1 hour ago, SpartyBlue said:

Said the to the Mrs during the game. I hope carlo has made it clear if he doesn't shape up this season he will be replaced. 

11 hours ago, Aidan said:

Said the to the Mrs during the game. I hope carlo has made it clear if he doesn't shape up this season he will be replaced. 

I don't think he's the brightest lad so it probably took the midfield overhaul to happen plus us being linked with Romero for him to switch on to the fact that he's close to getting jibbed off. 

On 14/09/2020 at 16:33, London Blue said:

Some players need an arm around them, Pickford needs a kick up the arse.

He had so much talent but needs to be challenged, now he is in a talented team, with a top manager he has that challenge.

I think he will revel in it. 

I hope you're right. I'm not his biggest fan, but he was immense against Spurs. Credit where credit is due. 

On 15/09/2020 at 09:39, Hafnia said:

I don't think he's the brightest lad so it probably took the midfield overhaul to happen plus us being linked with Romero for him to switch on to the fact that he's close to getting jibbed off. 

It’s not a question of smart. I genuinely think he has a mental disorder of some form, but has made it so far on raw ability (height aside)

8 minutes ago, Matt said:

It’s not a question of smart. I genuinely think he has a mental disorder of some form, but has made it so far on raw ability (height aside)

Yeah he's deffo ADHD.... But I think he lets his ego run away a fair bit. The story I heard was he returned from the world cup an absolute nightmare.  It's took some washing out has that 

12 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Yeah he's deffo ADHD.... But I think he lets his ego run away a fair bit. The story I heard was he returned from the world cup an absolute nightmare.  It's took some washing out has that 

Going through several tests myself at the moment, so it’s all fresh in my head, but he doesn’t fit ADHD. I think he’s bipolar 

57 minutes ago, Matt said:

Going through several tests myself at the moment, so it’s all fresh in my head, but he doesn’t fit ADHD. I think he’s bipolar 

I was diagnosed with ADHD at age 43....  I always knew I had issues concentrating on laborious tasks but found ways around this by automating models in excel to do boring stuff for me, the doctor prescribed me vyvance which is basically pharmaceutical grade speed - took it 2 or 3 times but not bothered in a year.   Turns out with the attention deficit type which is what I had you use procrastination as a means of getting close to a deadline to get an adrenaline boost to focus you.  Crazy how people who do analysis work like I do with ADHD... You can use the positive side of it which is problem solving ability to alleviate the inability to double check things etc. Doctor said loads of people have a degree of it and people excel with it.... Just crack on - passed all exams I've sat and had a solid career so far. 

Had a bout of depression in my late 20's which ended up as anxiety after burning myself out partying a bit too hard. Serotonin was knackered.... Needed to lay off ale and other things and get more sleep and exercise. 

Barely touch alcohol or anything else for that matter and mentally never felt better. 

Yeah I was thinking Pickford has the hyperactivity type 

1 hour ago, c1982 said:

I was wondering if the sun played a role - I sat behind that goal for years and it was always a killer on days like today. I’m surprised he doesn’t wear a cap more often as it must be a factor.

He's at home so should know to wear a cap, he has many times before.

I also thought the BT commentators where a little over critical of Pickford for the first goal. Its almost a case of people over scrutinising him after last seasons problems and the fact he is the England keeper. Mina should have done a better. 

I have been the first to be on his case when he screws up, and will continue to do so, but today's not a day for it in all fairness. 

3 hours ago, Shukes said:

Turn the commentators off and it wouldn’t have been his fault.

Mina’s fault for the first goal without a doubt. He took his shot behind Mina as well, by the time Pickford saw it, it was already past Mina. Superman couldn’t have moved fast enough to react.

Second was just a great effort.

No doubt Mina is the main problem but it just looked weird. And I’m one that backs Pickford, so it’s not like I’m looking for ways to criticise him. 

20 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

First one he should have done better. Position, wasn't set, barely even dived. 

Maybe, but probably wasn’t expecting the lad to get the shot off. Because it should never have been allowed to. No chance with the second goal though, it was brilliant. If Ronaldo had scored it, it’d be on repeat all over the show.