IGNORED

Weirdness Abounds (or the Idrissa Gana Gueye Thread)

He did do what was mentioned at Cardiff even I said he looked good and he needed to reproduce that in games going forward but he hasn’t, since then we never saw it against Liverpool Newcastle or Chelsea getting forward running with the ball, without wishing to seem negative how long can we expect him to live off the performance of one game surly it’s not to much to expect to see glimpses of that in most games. 

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Add this to him being in the top five in Europe for chances created.

It shows that helping in attack isn’t just about that final ball for an assist. 

Interestingly, watch the video of Siggs goals, he’s pretty much involved in all of his goals.

2 hours ago, StevO said:

I’m not bothered about seeing him run forward with the ball, I want the man next to him to do that. I want him to win the ball and give it to someone who has a bit more creativity in them. 

I don't expect him to take players on every week but he should be carrying the ball the forward more. Too often he passes the ball too early when he's got loads of space to run in to which ends up stifling the attack. 

5 hours ago, StevO said:

I’m not bothered about seeing him run forward with the ball, I want the man next to him to do that. I want him to win the ball and give it to someone who has a bit more creativity in them. 

Maybe your not but your not the manager, my response was to what the manager said who was bigging him up on that side of his game because he’s done in one game this season, but trying to make out he’s a player for all situations for me if Silva truly believes he’s doing or can do that on regular basis he’s on the strongest spice you can buy. 

3 hours ago, Shukes said:

Add this to him being in the top five in Europe for chances created.

It shows that helping in attack isn’t just about that final ball for an assist. 

Interestingly, watch the video of Siggs goals, he’s pretty much involved in all of his goals.

So is Pickford he played the ball out 10 seconds before Gana touched it, and Gylfi scored 30 seconds after that. 

Fuck me Shukes stop 🛑 inventing stuff up to try make it look like he’s better than he is, is he your lover or son or related to you in some other way or just a crush 😳😏

13 hours ago, Palfy said:

So is Pickford he played the ball out 10 seconds before Gana touched it, and Gylfi scored 30 seconds after that. 

Fuck me Shukes stop 🛑 inventing stuff up to try make it look like he’s better than he is, is he your lover or son or related to you in some other way or just a crush 😳😏

I’m not inventing it mate, the video is there for all to see. I didn’t edit the video to involve him haha!  

Honestly, I think 99% of people reading will be thinking you are more involved with him than me. Maybe your a jilted ex or something? Or maybe he strongly resembles an ex of yours? 

Im just commenting on what professionals have said about him. Your just denying what said professionals say..... can it be any clearer? 

36 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I’m not inventing it mate, the video is there for all to see. I didn’t edit the video to involve him haha!  

Honestly, I think 99% of people reading will be thinking you are more involved with him than me. Maybe your a jilted ex or something? Or maybe he strongly resembles an ex of yours? 

Im just commenting on what professionals have said about him. Your just denying what said professionals say..... can it be any clearer? 

😂

10 minutes ago, BedfordBlue said:

This thread seems to be going quite have the 2 debbie downers finally realized what a good player he is

Well now you’ve gone and done it! :shakingfist:

Credit to Palfy, he’s at least seen the error of his ways, or at least given credit where it has been due recently. Pete, gonna follow suit mate? ;) 

40 minutes ago, BedfordBlue said:

This thread seems to be going quite have the 2 debbie downers finally realized what a good player he is

30 minutes ago, Matt said:

Credit to Palfy, he’s at least seen the error of his ways, or at least given credit where it has been due recently. Pete, gonna follow suit mate? ;) 

He made one good forward pass and a block in the first half although if it was any other centre mid making them in the league it'd not really be comment worthy especially given the opposition. Also noticed he made a needless stupid foul on the edge of our box near the end of the half but luckily the ref missed it. 

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

He made one good forward pass and a block in the first half although if it was any other centre mid making them in the league it'd not really be comment worthy especially given the opposition. Also noticed he made a needless stupid foul on the edge of our box near the end of the half but luckily the ref missed it. 

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

Talking point number one...

4 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Have a village near us called Hele, I don't know how it's pronounced by the locals though.

the thing i love about europe is you guys don't destroy old stuff.  i clicked the link and got an old mill from yesteryear.  here in the states they will destroy anything to build a brand new something.  i hate that.  i like the old buildings with the refurbished modern interiors.  they don't make em like they used to structurally and architecture wise in my opinion.

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

So, still ignoring facts and letting hatred blind you? ‘Tis a shame, but at least you can see a forward pass made by him without writing it off or ignoring it!

4 hours ago, Matt said:

He did play well I’ve always said if he has a good game or does something well in game time I will say so.

I still think he was the weaker player of the 3 mids Saturday but that is credit to the other 2 because he wasn’t poor.

The game against Cardiff for me was his best game in my opinion, that game led to Silva waxing lyrically about his forward play and on BT sports they only highlighted clips of him from that game to get across there point of how important he is to us, so I need to see a lot more of that before he becomes one of my favourites, he’s shown he can do it now let’s see the consistency.  

2 hours ago, Matt said:

So, still ignoring facts and letting hatred blind you? ‘Tis a shame, but at least you can see a forward pass made by him without writing it off or ignoring it!

I've said about the manager that West ham were that poor it's hard to give us credit. No different for Gana or any of our other players bar Sigurdssen who I expected to see more from considering how shite West ham were. What did Gana do last week that stood out? 

29 minutes ago, pete0 said:

I've said about the manager that West ham were that poor it's hard to give us credit. No different for Gana or any of our other players bar Sigurdssen who I expected to see more from considering how shite West ham were. What did Gana do last week that stood out? 

That’s the point, he isn’t there to stand out. He’s there to make everything simple. It’s Gomes and Gylfi who need to stand out, which they did. Players like Gana are meant to blend in and stop you seeing the opposition players standing out. 

3 minutes ago, StevO said:

That’s the point, he isn’t there to stand out. He’s there to make everything simple. It’s Gomes and Gylfi who need to stand out, which they did. Players like Gana are meant to blend in and stop you seeing the opposition players standing out. 

But he wasn't exactly tested. Gomes does more offensively and defensively, Gana is a passenger. 

Have you ever worked in retail? Gana is that person who runs around looking busy all day and gets dry humped by the management yet look closely and he's done feck all all day. 

1 minute ago, pete0 said:

But he wasn't exactly tested. Gomes does more offensively and defensively, Gana is a passenger. 

Have you ever worked in retail? Gana is that person who runs around looking busy all day and gets dry humped by the management yet look closely and he's done feck all all day. 

He didn’t need to be tested to do his job so well, Chelsea tested him and he did great then too. You think we can play with a load of midfielders who all want to attack and all defend, these players don’t exist anymore. The odd one or two who can do both at the highest level do not play for teams like us. 

I’ve worked in retail for 16 years thanks. The last 9 being in retail management. A busy fool is a waste of time. The guy who gets the stock on the shelves is just as vital to the organisation as the sales person though. 

14 hours ago, StevO said:

He didn’t need to be tested to do his job so well, Chelsea tested him and he did great then too. You think we can play with a load of midfielders who all want to attack and all defend, these players don’t exist anymore. The odd one or two who can do both at the highest level do not play for teams like us. 

I’ve worked in retail for 16 years thanks. The last 9 being in retail management. A busy fool is a waste of time. The guy who gets the stock on the shelves is just as vital to the organisation as the sales person though. 

The thing is Steve I believe if you play for a manager like Silva you can’t be a one trick pony I’ve never disputed his ability to tackle or disrupt, but that isn’t enough in Silva’s philosophy he wants midfielders who are versatile to play his system, Allardyce would be different again he would give his players one job to do in a more ridged set up, Silva’s is more freedom players can interchange their positions and we are seeing that more in midfield, in the fact they all have the opportunity to get forward or cover depending what the others are doing, personally I like that rather than this is your job do it and nothing else. 

He showed more of that against Cardiff none to talk about against Chelsea and a bit against West Ham, he needs to be more consistent from game to game and give us the game he played at Cardiff on a regular basis.