IGNORED

Weirdness Abounds (or the Idrissa Gana Gueye Thread)

30 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Don't agree at all.

Whatever you think of his ability his work rate is unquestionable; saying "I'm going to work even more" is just a platitude that might even have been have been hyped up in translation. He's a French speaker firstly giving an interview in French to a French publication about a French club after all, quite likely they've picked and chosen their quotes. Would never happen in the supremely unbiased British press obviously.

And it was Gloria Gaynor. 

That’s looking for excuses for someone who has shown utter disrespect for this club, if anyone who worked in my business spoke publicly in them terms I would make their lives hell. 

There are lines you don’t cross and things you shouldn’t say for public consumption when you are in the employment of someone else, unless your motive is to cause trouble for the company you are with in the hope it will get you to were you want to be. 

And I know the words I quoted were in part taken from I will survive from Gloria Gaynor, I only said I liked a bit of Whitney after you posted I will always love you 😘 Newport just hit the post. No it was a save at the post. 

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Haha it’s different for me. I’m human. I often think I hints like that. I also have children which makes a difference, I try to bring them up to always strive for more and better.

I’ve got children Shukes and my eighth grandchild is due in a couple of weeks my eldest grandson is an Aprentice in my company, I want my kids and grandchildren to do well to achieve their dreams and goals in life, but what I wouldn’t want to see them do is be disrespectful to the company they are working for by publicly saying they want to go and work for another company, you can have ambition with out showing that you've got no morals respect or class. 

33 minutes ago, Palfy said:

That’s looking for excuses for someone who has shown utter disrespect for this club, if anyone who worked in my business spoke publicly in them terms I would make their lives hell. 

There are lines you don’t cross and things you shouldn’t say for public consumption when you are in the employment of someone else, unless your motive is to cause trouble for the company you are with in the hope it will get you to were you want to be. 

And I know the words I quoted were in part taken from I will survive from Gloria Gaynor, I only said I liked a bit of Whitney after you posted I will always love you 😘 Newport just hit the post. No it was a save at the post. 

I don’t think you can relate premier league football to anything business wise. It’s a whole different stratosphere. It’s all well and good saying “in my line of work this wouldn’t happen” no it wouldn’t and you wouldn’t be getting £400k a week like Aaron Ramsey is for example. This whole gana thing is so tedious I don’t know why u don’t both just organise a “straightener”  and be done with it. I’ve no problem with gana saying that. Like others have said his application has never been the issue, quality maybe but I’ve no doubt he will put as much graft in if not more than the rest of the team. The opportunity to play against Barca, Madrid etc for a french lad must be great for him. 

3 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

I don’t think you can relate premier league football to anything business wise. It’s a whole different stratosphere. It’s all well and good saying “in my line of work this wouldn’t happen” no it wouldn’t and you wouldn’t be getting £400k a week like Aaron Ramsey is for example. This whole gana thing is so tedious I don’t know why u don’t both just organise a “straightener”  and be done with it. I’ve no problem with gana saying that. Like others have said his application has never been the issue, quality maybe but I’ve no doubt he will put as much graft in if not more than the rest of the team. The opportunity to play against Barca, Madrid etc for a french lad must be great for him. 

It doesn’t mean that simple ethics shouldn’t be adhered to regardless of how much money you earn. 

For £7million Gana has on balance a great signing for us and embarrased much more expensive signings over the last 2 and a bit years.  Are we really surprised that he might be disappointed that the thing PSG didn't work out being a French speaker and them being one of the biggest clubs in Europe?  He has his faults sure, but sulking and shirking aren't among them.  He will carry on as he has done since he's been here, wouldn't be surprised if he plays even better, and he might get his move at the end of the season.  Personally, for the money PSG were offering for a 29 year old player, I'd have bitten their hand off.

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

I’ve got children Shukes and my eighth grandchild is due in a couple of weeks my eldest grandson is an Aprentice in my company, I want my kids and grandchildren to do well to achieve their dreams and goals in life, but what I wouldn’t want to see them do is be disrespectful to the company they are working for by publicly saying they want to go and work for another company, you can have ambition with out showing that you've got no morals respect or class. 

Can he spell apprentice though? If so he's a step ahead of you:D.

5 hours ago, Shukes said:

This thread is showing just how desperate the Gana hate brigade are getting now, which is a credit to him. 

Spot on

Palfy was absolutely desperate for Gana to sulk and now that it hasn’t happened he is clutching at straws to try and discredit him

I get that not everyone appreciates the job he does but to question his attitude or his effort is beyond desperate it’s laughable 

4 hours ago, badaids said:

For £7million Gana has on balance a great signing for us and embarrased much more expensive signings over the last 2 and a bit years.  Are we really surprised that he might be disappointed that the thing PSG didn't work out being a French speaker and them being one of the biggest clubs in Europe?  He has his faults sure, but sulking and shirking aren't among them.  He will carry on as he has done since he's been here, wouldn't be surprised if he plays even better, and he might get his move at the end of the season.  Personally, for the money PSG were offering for a 29 year old player, I'd have bitten their hand off.

He's not exactly done anything since he joined us. The club has paid him more than any other, even gave him a payrise without merit, and raised his profile. What has he done in return? He's not earned his move like say Lukaku who scored shed loads of goals and helped raise our profile and contributed to our highest points total in over two decades. If anything he's been the main stay in a team that is now getting referred to as a nothing team. 

Agree wholeheartedly with that last bit. 

10 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Spot on

Palfy was absolutely desperate for Gana to sulk and now that it hasn’t happened he is clutching at straws to try and discredit him

I get that not everyone appreciates the job he does but to question his attitude or his effort is beyond desperate it’s laughable 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😘😂😂😂😘😘😘😘😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😍😍😍😍😍😍😘😘😘😘😘😘😂😂😂😂😂😂😘😘😘😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 is that laughable enough or would you like some more? 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂👍

13 hours ago, rubecula said:

I can see how this thread is becoming divisive but please lads lets try to keep it civil as people can often have a different opinion.  remember the site motto  this is for the THINKING Evertonian  disagree by all means but lets not get into a catfight 

Shut up Rubes!!!

😘

Just now, markjazzbassist said:

just lock it now matt it will be pandemonium in here.  Gana had a full assist, drove the ball from our half to their half and then played an inch perfect through ball.  had a great all around game too.  i guess that PSG pouting stuff was just BS like we all said it was.  model pro

I'm waiting for the "yeah, but that's one game against a championship team" arguments so I can get a laugh mate

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

just lock it now matt it will be pandemonium in here.  Gana had a full assist, drove the ball from our half to their half and then played an inch perfect through ball.  had a great all around game too.  i guess that PSG pouting stuff was just BS like we all said it was.  model pro

Should be playing as a number 10...

Just watched that last goal again. He intercepts the ball, watches the feet before delivering the meg, then a nonchalant flick for the through ball. Great play.

could have had a few assists today as well. Set up Bernard in the area for the second goal. Set up Walcott when he fired over. 

The meg was new to me haha, didn’t know he had that in his locker. But the others he does every game, it’s just we don’t score from them. Which is why he is so highly rated stats wise in Europe for chances created. Not bad for an uncreative player.

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

Just watched that last goal again. He intercepts the ball, watches the feet before delivering the meg, then a nonchalant flick for the through ball. Great play.

could have had a few assists today as well. Set up Bernard in the area for the second goal. Set up Walcott when he fired over. 

The meg was new to me haha, didn’t know he had that in his locker. But the others he does every game, it’s just we don’t score from them. Which is why he is so highly rated stats wise in Europe for chances created. Not bad for an uncreative player.

Fuck me let me get you a box 📦 of tissues. 

If PSG still want him looks like he will be gone in the summer then. 

Would love to keep him but if we can replace him with an enforcer like Ndombele (unlikely) or Doucoure, id be more than happy. 

Question is, PSG willing to offer 27 million in the winter, how much does that mean they're willing to part with for him this summer? Because to me he's worth more than 30.

15 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Absolute bollocks not you Duncan the article, it's a completely different tone to the one posted a few weeks ago when all he wanted to do was try harder to get his move.

Look at all the likes embarrassing talk about people grasping at any crumb of comfort is quite sad to see really.

I wonder which story is true the first one in the French press or this one, to be honest I'd bet a lot of money on neither holding much truth, but if this one gives the Ganaretts some hope and comfort which the other didn't I suppose it's achieved something in its drivel quite what I don't really know:Isurrender: