IGNORED

Weirdness Abounds (or the Idrissa Gana Gueye Thread)

4 hours ago, pete0 said:

Gana isn'ttt deep lying. No team in the league plays with two deep midfielders. One collects out from the back four the other links midfield to attack. Tbf Gana does neither. 

Who else plays with two sitters in the league? It's just not something any team does as you'd never get forward. 

Gomes drops to collect the ball. What should Gana be doing in that phase? 

Do you even watch football? Fuck me you talk some crap. So now the guy who 'collects the ball from the defence' is the definition of a defensive midfielder? You don't think the word 'defensive' gives a slight clue as to what their role would be?? 

4 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Listen. All 'bants' and 'bullshit' aside, he's been a fuckin good player for us who we've been able to rely on during some of our most frustrating seasons of recent times.

No. He's not 'World Class'. Neither are 99.9% of the world's Pro players. But he's been there for us throughout a revolving door of managers and players. He's been a mainstay from day 1. No one in any other outfield position has been.

Yes. He has his faults. He has his weaknesses. He has his frustrations. But, overall, he's been an absolute pleasure to have at this club.

I feel he may just be passing his peak this season. But what a find he has been!

Fuck me Newty don’t go all serious on us and up the to tone, were trying to have a bit of fun here, killjoy 😉

13 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

It’s a problem when it being so late will mean there’ll be no one coming in. 

I'm sure we would have seen that coming.

Every player has his price. Depends how much they really want him. We really want to keep him so they'll have to pay an absolute premium.

Therefore...£40mill I say now 😂😂

6 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Doesn't come across to me as that sort of character at all.

5 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

me either.  maybe he will go in the summer when we can replace him properly and clear out more dead wood.

None of us no him to say that, but if you stand in the way of someone’s dreams you don’t know how they react. 

13 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Doesn't come across to me as that sort of character at all.

He doesn’t but he’s sure to be doing everything to get the move - must be a dream move. Obviously he signed the long-term contract here and people will say he shouldn’t have/ serves him right but in reality, this could be his only opportunity to get this move with their current injuries in the position and needing a player who’s not cup tied in the Champions League. It’s a no brainer really but we hold all the cards on this one so PSG will have to pay an inflated price and Gueye will have to forfeit his loyalty bonus to make it happen.

8 minutes ago, c1982 said:

He doesn’t but he’s sure to be doing everything to get the move - must be a dream move. Obviously he signed the long-term contract here and people will say he shouldn’t have/ serves him right but in reality, this could be his only opportunity to get this move with their current injuries in the position and needing a player who’s not cup tied in the Champions League. It’s a no brainer really but we hold all the cards on this one so PSG will have to pay an inflated price and Gueye will have to forfeit his loyalty bonus to make it happen.

Can't disagree with any of that, reminds me a bit of Gravesen going to Real and I feel for him but if it doesn't happen I don't see his head dropping.