IGNORED

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

11 hours ago, Btay said:

Difference of opinion mate!

I’m not debating it is a penalty or a foul. It’s more a penalty on this occasion then when Kane got one against us where he put his leg in to Pickford & went down.

Yeah no worries. I know I'm in the minority here anyway :lol:

2 hours ago, memmaclub2 said:

Would anyone be happy with letting Dom go now. 25 million I can’t see him signing a contract. Dyche has him running around the channels whereas under Ancelotti he was played to score goals. He won’t score 20+ for us under dyche.

Different managers play with different tactics. 
But dont forget under Carlo he had James, Gylfi, Richarlison, Digne and Coleman. It’s been said many times. The difference between losing those players and changing the manager is just as important. 

But I’d be happy for Dom to go if he’s replaced by someone exciting and capable. 

6 hours ago, memmaclub2 said:

Would anyone be happy with letting Dom go now. 25 million I can’t see him signing a contract. Dyche has him running around the channels whereas under Ancelotti he was played to score goals. He won’t score 20+ for us under dyche.

I’d prefer him to sign the contract but if he’s not going to, I want rid in this window.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, c1982 said:

With Al-Ahli signing Oshimen AND Toney, does this push DCL to the top of Chelsea’s list?

Ornstein has said he doesn't know what it means for the Oshimen deal now that the deal for Toney has been agreed, so there's every chance it means they get Toney and Chelsea get Oshimen.

Get him sold.  Seen enough to suggest that 

1. he has no intention staying

2. he is wanting £££ - so wants the £150k a week through transfer or will get it via free transfer salary boost/signing on

3. the uncertainty has meant we are hamstrung in making moves for credible replacements. 

all makes for a nervous time regarding our ability to score goals.  His value is now circa £20m - I said this all along that there was no benefit in keeping a player whose eyes were elsewhere. 

10 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Get him sold.  Seen enough to suggest that 

1. he has no intention staying

2. he is wanting £££ - so wants the £150k a week through transfer or will get it via free transfer salary boost/signing on

3. the uncertainty has meant we are hamstrung in making moves for credible replacements. 

all makes for a nervous time regarding our ability to score goals.  His value is now circa £20m - I said this all along that there was no benefit in keeping a player whose eyes were elsewhere. 

Dom is still here because we put too big a price on him at the beginning had we offered a straight swap with Newcastle for Minteh it would have been done. 
I’ve never been a fan of Beto But I want him to start tomorrow. 

6 hours ago, patto said:

Dom is still here because we put too big a price on him at the beginning had we offered a straight swap with Newcastle for Minteh it would have been done. 
I’ve never been a fan of Beto But I want him to start tomorrow. 

I thought the reason the NCL deal fell through was not our terms but DCL’s terms…he didn’t like the wage on offer.

3 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

I thought the reason the NCL deal fell through was not our terms but DCL’s terms…he didn’t like the wage on offer.

Yeah but we valued Dom too high had we valued him at a sensible price let’s say 20m instead of 34m that would have been his wages difference for just about 2 years they would have jumped at it plus i still say a straight swap they would have had that at the time. 
no one could have envisaged Minteh going for over 30m he had never played a game for them…for me it’s all on Thelwell his valuation was too high at the beginning. 

2 hours ago, patto said:

Yeah but we valued Dom too high had we valued him at a sensible price let’s say 20m instead of 34m that would have been his wages difference for just about 2 years they would have jumped at it plus i still say a straight swap they would have had that at the time. 
no one could have envisaged Minteh going for over 30m he had never played a game for them…for me it’s all on Thelwell his valuation was too high at the beginning. 

I don’t think they (NCL) were constrained at all…our valuation had nothing to do with the deal collapsing. They could’ve paid him more if they wanted….easily…..but they didn’t want to because he would have been on a higher salary than Isak…I can’t see them wanting to send that message to him - he is younger and more prolific. The salary the offered was at that level because they were bothered about their wage structure. 

3 hours ago, Shukes said:

But we also don’t agree with Mintehs wages so pulled out of the deal. That deal was never on. 

Minteh was pleading to come here he even refused a move abroad. 
regardless there was no takers for DCL his price was way too high for a player with his injury record. 

51 minutes ago, patto said:

Minteh was pleading to come here he even refused a move abroad. 
regardless there was no takers for DCL his price was way too high for a player with his injury record. 

He may have been, but we still walked away from it as we weren’t wanting to pay what was needed. So the deal was never really on.

Sometimes it doesn’t matter how much fans want it to happen, it’s the club that decides. And in this case…. Club says no!

5 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Well, he did not look like a player who isn't going to give 100% and just run his contract down. He fought for everything against Bournemouth and put himself about. And the way he celebrated his goal showed that he very much still cares about playing for this football club.

Quality finish for the goal too.

He’s also playing to put himself in the shop window so I would expect nothing less from his performance. 
If he can stay injury free he could be the difference between staying up going down this season, and when he walks at the end of contract and he has been one of the major factors for us staying up, then I will look at that as being the best 30 million this club has spent, because I would rather be starting next season at BMD in the PL than the Championship. 
We need Dom this season to be firing on all cylinders to help keep us up, can you imagine what we would look like if he went out the door on Friday and we had to rely on Beto, it doesn’t bear thinking about. 
I know or believe he is going to leave and there’s nothing any of us can do to stop that happening, but if he continues to play like he did yesterday for the rest of the season, then I will salute him and thank him for his service to our club and wish him well.