IGNORED

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

1 minute ago, Matt said:

I liked him, I thought he was a good addition. Pretty sure he could be a much better player if not for his apparent attitude.

I think what happened was he missed so many easy chances he was then discarded he might do better this season if no loan. 
the jury is still out on our attacking new players. 

1 hour ago, patto said:

I think what happened was he missed so many easy chances he was then discarded he might do better this season if no loan. 
the jury is still out on our attacking new players. 

Oh for sure and Evertonians are ruthless when there's ego and no output. But he doesn't do himself any favours either. 

4 hours ago, Matt said:

Oh do tell so we can shoot this myth down again. 

When Dyche played him as the lone striker up front having the same balls played to him as Dom was receiving, it looked really good didn’t it the choice is did it mean Maupay was shit or did it mean that Dyche lacked the tactical awareness to change the system when he didn’t have a big man upfront to hit, your choice Matt. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

When Dyche played him as the lone striker up front having the same balls played to him as Dom was receiving, it looked really good didn’t it the choice is did it mean Maupay was shit or did it mean that Dyche lacked the tactical awareness to change the system when he didn’t have a big man upfront to hit, your choice Matt. 

Or he played who he had available. As he's always said, horses for course and that's all he had available. So neither. 

6 hours ago, Matt said:

Or he played who he had available. As he's always said, horses for course and that's all he had available. So neither. 

He did play who was available but he didn’t change the tactics to suit who was available, but when other managers have played Maupay in a different tactical set up he has shown he can perform, but he’s not a Dom so why play him like he was the same type of player as Dom.

Or maybe Dyche just needs to go to Spec Savers 😂, because I swear he looked at him and thought he’s 6ft.2in great in the air with loads of pace to run into the channels and strong enough to hold the ball up whilst others get around him. 

Just a gut feeling but I think Dom will be gone before the window closes, so I hope we have something lined up because if we have to go until January with Beto, Maupay and injured Chermiti as our striker options then it's going to be scary in terms of where the goals to win games are coming from.

47 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Just a gut feeling but I think Dom will be gone before the window closes, so I hope we have something lined up because if we have to go until January with Beto, Maupay and injured Chermiti as our striker options then it's going to be scary in terms of where the goals to win games are coming from.

I think something gives - he either signs or goes and I think this happens in the next 2 weeks.

I still think Brentford come back for Maupay and maybe Lyon (dodgy Textor deal).

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I think so, too. Newcastle, most likely, will come back with another bid. I know it will be risky, but I'd be quite happy to bring in Roque.

19 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

I think so, too. Newcastle, most likely, will come back with another bid.

I think Newcastle only come in for him if Wilson goes and I can’t see that being straight forward. It was different when they came in for Dom in June as that was linked to PSR where they just needed to get as much as possible for Anderson and Minteh and were happy to do a mutually beneficial deal - just look what they did with Forest!!! Now, I think, if Wilson goes, they’ll come knocking again. I still think London is a big pull for Dom though - I remember him saying how much he loves London in an interview - always stuck in my mind as he was so passionate about it.

Was excited to see him in a side with more creative options, and then we didn’t start any of our creative options. He was the same old Don today I thought. He was working, holding play up, passing reasonably well, but we weren’t a danger to score throughout the match. 

6 minutes ago, Matt Tiger said:

Was excited to see him in a side with more creative options, and then we didn’t start any of our creative options. He was the same old Don today I thought. He was working, holding play up, passing reasonably well, but we weren’t a danger to score throughout the match. 

Yeah he did well I thought but had absolutely nothing around him.

7 hours ago, Btay said:

I wish he just tried to finish the chance rather than go down (easily) for the pen. Look at Haaland’s goal, he gets more contact from Cucurella but stays on his feet and scores. 

His foot is planted on the players foot. It was a pen, their defender didn't have the ball and brought our player down. He could've just as easily turned his ankle. If he's planted on the ground I think he turns to shoot, it's how be seemed to be shaping up anyway.

6 hours ago, Matt said:

His foot is planted on the players foot. It was a pen, their defender didn't have the ball and brought our player down. He could've just as easily turned his ankle. If he's planted on the ground I think he turns to shoot, it's how be seemed to be shaping up anyway.

I get what you are saying it just looks a bit soft to me mate. 

54 minutes ago, Btay said:

I get what you are saying it just looks a bit soft to me mate. 

The way he falls makes it look over dramatic. But put your foot on a rug, plant your foot on it and then have someone pull it hard from underneath you... whilst you're running... You'll look like a new born giraffe on ice too.

End of the day the defender didn't play the ball, didn't touch the ball, did touch the player, did knock the player off balance and did deny a goal scoring opportunity. It's a penalty, simple as that. 

55 minutes ago, Matt said:

The way he falls makes it look over dramatic. But put your foot on a rug, plant your foot on it and then have someone pull it hard from underneath you... whilst you're running... You'll look like a new born giraffe on ice too.

End of the day the defender didn't play the ball, didn't touch the ball, did touch the player, did knock the player off balance and did deny a goal scoring opportunity. It's a penalty, simple as that. 

I’m not saying there wasn’t contact, I’m just saying I think he could have tried to stay on his feet and finish it. I also think it’s one of those ones where VAR should stick with the original decision. 

2 minutes ago, Btay said:

I’m not saying there wasn’t contact, I’m just saying I think he could have tried to stay on his feet and finish it. I also think it’s one of those ones where VAR should stick with the original decision. 

But his standing foot isnt on a solid surface, it's on a wobbly mess of foot and boot that's moving at speed. I don't see how he stays standing let alone swivel and hit the ball. If I tried that there'd be broken bones thrown in for good measure :lol:

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

But his standing foot isnt on a solid surface, it's on a wobbly mess of foot and boot that's moving at speed. I don't see how he stays standing let alone swivel and hit the ball. If I tried that there'd be broken bones thrown in for good measure :lol:

I’ve watched it numerous times. After his foot slides a bit on Dunks, it lands quite solidly on the ground but Dom was always going to ground once he felt the contact under his boot.

I just think he threw himself to the ground, not entirely but maybe 80-20.

Dont get me wrong either - with the new directive in regards to VAR, It shouldn’t have been overturned as there is enough contact (initiated by Dunk) to warrant a pen.

Based on that decision, you can now stop a player progressing with the ball by planting your foot where they are about to land theirs as they run. Gone the days of taking a yellow for the team. 

1 hour ago, Btay said:

I’ve watched it numerous times. After his foot slides a bit on Dunks, it lands quite solidly on the ground but Dom was always going to ground once he felt the contact under his boot.

I just think he threw himself to the ground, not entirely but maybe 80-20.

Dont get me wrong either - with the new directive in regards to VAR, It shouldn’t have been overturned as there is enough contact (initiated by Dunk) to warrant a pen.

Based on that decision, you can now stop a player progressing with the ball by planting your foot where they are about to land theirs as they run. Gone the days of taking a yellow for the team. 

Wish I could upload all the screenshots I've taken having had this debate with someone else, I slowed YT down to 25% speed and did like 20 shots showing the full movement, including the pace that Dunk comes in.

After is irrelevant, there's contact and it puts him off balance. It's a penalty 100%. The fact he could maaaaybe have managed to find his balance again in the penalty area with no support and 3 players in front of him. Maybe. He certainly gets a shot on goal if he's on balance. 

Edit: no idea why I'd written centre circle :lol:

6 hours ago, Matt said:

Wish I could upload all the screenshots I've taken having had this debate with someone else, I slowed YT down to 25% speed and did like 20 shots showing the full movement, including the pace that Dunk comes in.

After is irrelevant, there's contact and it puts him off balance. It's a penalty 100%. The fact he could maaaaybe have managed to find his balance again in the penalty area with no support and 3 players in front of him. Maybe. He certainly gets a shot on goal if he's on balance. 

Edit: no idea why I'd written centre circle :lol:

Difference of opinion mate!

I’m not debating it is a penalty or a foul. It’s more a penalty on this occasion then when Kane got one against us where he put his leg in to Pickford & went down.

5 hours ago, Btay said:

Difference of opinion mate!

I’m not debating it is a penalty or a foul. It’s more a penalty on this occasion then when Kane got one against us where he put his leg in to Pickford & went down.

Yea it’s an unfortunate reality that these aren’t objective. I personally think it could’ve gone either way but wasn’t a pen, but have no clue how it can be overturned given the reported changes to VAR.