IGNORED

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

5 minutes ago, patto said:

Yeah but was a very good goal you expect a reaction. 

If you want to read into it then it was a reaction, a reaction to how fans have been talking about him this summer. I highly doubt he'll have read the shitty comments but he'll still know about them.

Either sign or go.... season starts next week. Got a big season ahead.  Celebrate / don't celebrate, be unhappy that fans are unhappy that you may be looking to run contract down or just be half bothered you scored a goal in pre season.

dunno.... just lets get our business sorted. 

22 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Either sign or go.... season starts next week. Got a big season ahead.  Celebrate / don't celebrate, be unhappy that fans are unhappy that you may be looking to run contract down or just be half bothered you scored a goal in pre season.

I presume it’s in his agents hands but it’s not a good situation it just seems to be dragging on. 

7 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Personally for the figures being bandied around I would rather take the hit and keep him until the summer and let him go for free

We are not getting a PL CF for circa £25m , just look lo at Beto

I think he is an honest enough lad to give his all and fight for te shirt reagardless 

19 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Personally for the figures being bandied around I would rather take the hit and keep him until the summer and let him go for free

I think he is an honest enough lad to give his all and fight for te shirt reagardless 

Agree, plus I think when he's playing that last game at Goodison I wouldn't be surprised if that hits home and the knowledge he doesn't get to play in the new stadium. 

I can hope.

24 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

If you have 6 months left on a contract and you get a career ending injury you are done. No wages. At best a team may take a chance on you but you won't get a good salary. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

If you have 6 months left on a contract and you get a career ending injury you are done. No wages. At best a team may take a chance on you but you won't get a good salary. 

Thats his gamble to take, doesn’t alter my opinion. I presume you are questioning his professionalism?

There has been an awful lot of bollocks from some Evertonians questioning his desire to even be a professional footballer and I just don’t buy it 

Just my opinion of course 🤷🏻‍♂️

11 hours ago, patto said:

Did anyone think his reaction after his goal was a bit muted no touching the badge no fist to the Street End.

Just a thought.

Fair point. I've just watched his celebration against the Shite last season, no comparison and I accept this was a friendly. Also don't care for his new do.

11 hours ago, patto said:

Did anyone think his reaction after his goal was a bit muted no touching the badge no fist to the Street End.

Just a thought.

It's a friendly, players hardly celebrate. 

Pellegrini walked off when he scored the opener, that doesn't indicate to me he's leaving Roma for example.

He’s playing for his future in the best league in the world, whether that will be with us or someone else is immaterial, what he isn’t doing is showing lack of effort and desire for the game or for us when he’s training and on the pitch.  

2 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Thats his gamble to take, doesn’t alter my opinion. I presume you are questioning his professionalism?

There has been an awful lot of bollocks from some Evertonians questioning his desire to even be a professional footballer and I just don’t buy it 

Just my opinion of course 🤷🏻‍♂️

Professionalism?  - no it's common sense. 

He's got one last contract coming up worth almost £30m. Absolutely no way is he gonna put his body on the line if he hasn't got years covered - I wouldn't blame him either.  

lets be realistic here.  If he gets crocked he's done.... no payoff - nothing cos he's out of contract. If he's contracted he gets paid to the value remaining. 

10 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Professionalism?  - no it's common sense. 

He's got one last contract coming up worth almost £30m. Absolutely no way is he gonna put his body on the line if he hasn't got years covered - I wouldn't blame him either.  

lets be 100% clear here.  If he gets crocked he's done.... no payoff - nothing cos he's out of contract. If he's contracted he gets paid to the value remaining. 

So yes you are questioning his professionalism then!

No idea what motivates you, or DCL tbf, but professional pride is high on my agenda and I would hope as a professional athlete it would be high on his

Let’s  play devils advocate here and go with your theory. If he is running down his contract looking for a big pay day he is hardly going to get that if he puts in half arsed performances is he? Surely in that scenario he would want to be proving his injury problems are behind him and putting himself in the shop window ?

21 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

So yes you are questioning his professionalism then!

No idea what motivates you, or DCL tbf, but professional pride is high on my agenda and I would hope as a professional athlete it would be high on his

Let’s  play devils advocate here and go with your theory. If he is running down his contract looking for a big pay day he is hardly going to get that if he puts in half arsed performances is he? Surely in that scenario he would want to be proving his injury problems are behind him and putting himself in the shop window ?

Oh well in the absence of common sense and factual data.

in January he is free to sign a pre contract with another club. It would likely be for a far inflated salary. 

These pre contract agreements are usually heavily weighted on the player being fit in June or the contract is terminated. 

so if me saying that "it's very unlikely a player will put his body on the line in the knowledge that he has absolutely no financial cover if he got a Gbamin type injury" means I'm saying he's unprofessional (even though I'm not - and said he's not) then whatever. 

I understand the misty eyed sentiment and all that stuff but they are employees of the club with lifestyles leveraged on their ability to pull in £5m a year, which also needs to pay for the next 40 years of their lives.

so if you think a player will be balls to the wall Brian labone for us knowing he's at risk of losing £30m then that's up to you. I don't - maybe it's just understanding that they don't love the club as much as you or they wouldn't be running it down in the first place would they? 

9 hours ago, Shukes said:

2 goals in 2 games. 
Maybe we keep him in this contract situation?

It may be that he is a bit more relaxed as he is wanting to not put the effort in to look after his body and that’s working in ours and his favour.

Or we just have much better creative options and he can focus on positioning and finishing rather than hold up play, creating chances, etc

11 hours ago, Shukes said:

2 goals in 2 games. 
Maybe we keep him in this contract situation?

It may be that he is a bit more relaxed as he is wanting to not put the effort in to look after his body and that’s working in ours and his favour.

It’s pre-season

37 minutes ago, patto said:

Watch the fans turn on Dom if he sees out his contract 

That all depends on if he is scoring goals or not. 

True fans will be happy if the team is doing well due to him being on form.

Facebook fans will still talk about stats non stop and get on his back.

4 hours ago, Matt Tiger said:

Or we just have much better creative options and he can focus on positioning and finishing rather than hold up play, creating chances, etc

100% agree. 
His best form was when we had creative players in the team doing it for him.

Thos season we have that. If he struggles now, then it’s all his own doing. 
Will be interesting to see how this develops.

In the BBC gossip column that talks with United... Im now very nervous of a £100m bid for Jarrad and Dom. Not just because I still think that's cheap but that's a big disruption at the end of the window.