IGNORED

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

If he’s got any sense he signs a new contract with us, or he could find himself out in the wilderness, even on a free transfer I can’t see him finding a club better or willing to pay him more a week than us, his stats and injury record don’t scream out top class player. 

If he goes for free he will have clubs queuing up for him guys. Do t let your own opinions get in the way of reality.

Doesn't matter if you rate him or not, he is still know as one of the better forwards in the premier league.

He has had Newcastle, Man Utd and Arsenal enquire about buying him. If he was out of contract those clubs would t suddenly decide…. No we don’t want him unless we’re buying him haha, that’s not how it works.

There’s a big difference between an arm chair fan and a professional al coach. We will look at how many goals he has scored, coaches will look at the effect he has on a team. We looked a much much better team with him in it than without.

Don’t get me wrong. I think we look a better side when he starts and it’s no surprise when he does score (unlike our other frontmen) or nods one down for somebody else. He will be difficult to replace and gives 100%.

51 minutes ago, Shukes said:

If he goes for free he will have clubs queuing up for him guys. Do t let your own opinions get in the way of reality.

Doesn't matter if you rate him or not, he is still know as one of the better forwards in the premier league.

He has had Newcastle, Man Utd and Arsenal enquire about buying him. If he was out of contract those clubs would t suddenly decide…. No we don’t want him unless we’re buying him haha, that’s not how it works.

There’s a big difference between an arm chair fan and a professional al coach. We will look at how many goals he has scored, coaches will look at the effect he has on a team. We looked a much much better team with him in it than without.

I'm not sure there are Evertonians out there who wouldn't want him to sign a new contract or think he's some sort of lower level striker shukes. We know his qualities. 

we all know what he can do when fit - he's arguably one of the best link up/target men strikers in the league which makes him a valuable addition to most squads. Doesn't score goals but adds value in other ways. 

the reality is that teams will be likely throwing in lowball bids cos he's in his last year and if we sell him it needs to be at a price that we could replace him for. 

To me it's business - he's not signed a new contract which puts us in a position where we sell him or lose him for nothing. A £30m asset to leave for nothing next year? Thats a cost of near £700k a week to have him for one year. 

I guess the club is looking at the market to get a striker in. 

I agree there Haf. It’s more at the few that do t rate him and think he is a wanted player.

Im hoping the talk is true that he is in discussion for a new contract. More I believe it is true. Which in turn would mean we don’t have to worry about lowball offers as he is in his last year. 

The next month should sort it out one way or the other. I just hope he stays as I rate him highly.

20 hours ago, Shukes said:

I agree there Haf. It’s more at the few that do t rate him and think he is a wanted player.

Im hoping the talk is true that he is in discussion for a new contract. More I believe it is true. Which in turn would mean we don’t have to worry about lowball offers as he is in his last year. 

The next month should sort it out one way or the other. I just hope he stays as I rate him highly.

The only way he gets a better deal from someone else is if he stays and walks on a free that way he will probably get a few million as a signing on fee on top of his contract. 
All indications are that the only club that made a strong enquiry for him is Newcastle but by all accounts he turned them down because they wouldn’t pay him what he could get a week here, that indicates that his move isn’t going to be based on some success's at another club but money, that’s why at this moment in time I see him running his contract down and walking on a free, because I see no one buying him then offering more a week than he can get here.  

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

The only way he gets a better deal from someone else is if he stays and walks on a free that way he will probably get a few million as a signing on fee on top of his contract. 
All indications are that the only club that made a strong enquiry for him is Newcastle but by all accounts he turned them down because they wouldn’t pay him what he could get a week here, that indicates that his move isn’t going to be based on some success's at another club but money, that’s why at this moment in time I see him running his contract down and walking on a free, because I see no one buying him then offering more a week than he can get here.  

Well the media has been saying the last few days that Newcastle, Man Utd and Arsenal along with a few European clubs have been making enquiries, but Everton have shut the door on them as they are expecting him to sign a new contract. 

This is what I mean mate. We se to be making our opinions on how we feel personally about players and not actual reality. 

The whole Dom/Minteh swap deal for example. Some guy suggested it and the fans exploded into discussion (which is normal and fun haha) but the reality was that Newcastle enquired about Dom and we enquired about Minteh…. And it was us that decided we didn’t want to pay what they wanted.

We either have to decide to believe the media in all its glory, or not. 
But what we do is only listen to the parts that suit our own story. It’s human nature.

We should only listen to people who actually have contacts ITK… like myself.

50 minutes ago, patto said:

The problem with Everton is we don’t score enough goals and DCL is part of that problem we need a change it should be done now. 

Surely you have been watching us though Patto. While he wasn’t on the pitch, we struggled like hell. He came on and our fortunes turned upwards. 
This is what I don’t get from some fans. They seem to want to go back to the struggling like hell part.

Speaking to our coach yesterday about football. He is an old Wolves player. 

He was saying there are no discussions on wages. The agent sits down and does it all, then tells you what he got you.

He said your weekly wage isn’t really that important. Players take lesser wages to get more bonuses etc, or a house and car. Rarely are you going to get players sitting around a table discussing contracts when they are paying millions for agents to do it for them.

21 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Speaking to our coach yesterday about football. He is an old Wolves player. 

He was saying there are no discussions on wages. The agent sits down and does it all, then tells you what he got you.

He said your weekly wage isn’t really that important. Players take lesser wages to get more bonuses etc, or a house and car. Rarely are you going to get players sitting around a table discussing contracts when they are paying millions for agents to do it for them.

Yet when you listen to podcasts players speak specifically about what they are offered and why they choose certain clubs etc. 

from Roy Keane to Wayne Rooney - they give in depth details about contract discussions and what they choose - numbers involved. 

ultimately the player makes the decision. The agent advises and does their best for them. 

I watched that interview with Keane when he said he wasn’t usually involved and the only time he was, was when Ferguson let him go.

He thought he was going in there to discuss as his agents offer had been turned down and he ended up being told he wasn’t going to get a new contract. Harsh… but that was Ferguson all over. 

They are still offered and choose where they go of course. An agent wouldn’t tell a player “oh by the way your moving to here”

You k ow plenty of modern day Pros Haf, what do they say?

But we hear different things and both could be right. 

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

I watched that interview with Keane when he said he wasn’t usually involved and the only time he was, was when Ferguson let him go.

He thought he was going in there to discuss as his agents offer had been turned down and he ended up being told he wasn’t going to get a new contract. Harsh… but that was Ferguson all over. 

They are still offered and choose where they go of course. An agent wouldn’t tell a player “oh by the way your moving to here”

You k ow plenty of modern day Pros Haf, what do they say?

But we hear different things and both could be right. 

Keane spoke extensively about Blackburn and man united contract offers too when at Forest - he named the specific numbers involved. Of course he bloody had a view as to what he was worth and what he wanted. 

go on the "under the cosh" podcast.  Every single player on there mcateer, hateley, Steven warnock, Tony Cottee, Danny mills, they talk specifically about contract negotiations and the numbers their agents present them with...... 

players know market value and what they want....you know why? Cos they talk numbers when they are driving their lambos in to training.   You don't think Dcl has a view of how much he wants ? - it's a short career made up of 3-4 contracts. 

Steven warnock specifically instructed his agent to negotiate  lower wages in order to get a move from Villa back to Liverpool. 

in short - what you are trying to do is make dcl not look like he's making a decision based on money like it's something more noble.  Get real mate - he is.  Is anyone calling him greedy? Stating a fact - it's a business.

stop getting so emotive about players - they are employees. 

I don't know plenty of modern day pros - I know 2 retired ones.  Don't get salty 

42 minutes ago, Shukes said:

That's not true at all. I watched it and he specifically said he handled his own early on, spoke to other players to se what they were on, and went into negotiations with a number in mind of what he was worth and asked for it.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Surely you have been watching us though Patto. While he wasn’t on the pitch, we struggled like hell. He came on and our fortunes turned upwards. 
This is what I don’t get from some fans. They seem to want to go back to the struggling like hell part.

The whole team played well not just DCL it’s all about opinions and mine is we need to change our style and not rely on 1 player we need goals from all over the pitch I think Dyche and Thelwell are trying to bring in the players to make this change. 

41 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

That's not true at all. I watched it and he specifically said he handled his own early on, spoke to other players to se what they were on, and went into negotiations with a number in mind of what he was worth and asked for it.

Trust you to come in and spoil my ruse! 
Your not invited haha.

28 minutes ago, patto said:

The whole team played well not just DCL it’s all about opinions and mine is we need to change our style and not rely on 1 player we need goals from all over the pitch I think Dyche and Thelwell are trying to bring in the players to make this change. 

I agree there. I have been impressed by our incoming’s so far. I thought our new Tim looked the best player out there yesterday. Much better than I expected.

38 minutes ago, patto said:

The whole team was able to play well because we had someone to take the pressure off the team and defend effectively from the front. 

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Shukes is never wrong, you should know that by now😆

4 hours ago, Shukes said:

But there's no disputing that he missed an easy sitter early in yesterday's friendly. Any striker worth his salt would have put that away. While DC-L's strengths may help the team in other ways, he's not been the goal-scorer we need.

4 hours ago, Shukes said:

Well the media has been saying the last few days that Newcastle, Man Utd and Arsenal along with a few European clubs have been making enquiries, but Everton have shut the door on them as they are expecting him to sign a new contract. 

This is what I mean mate. We se to be making our opinions on how we feel personally about players and not actual reality. 

The whole Dom/Minteh swap deal for example. Some guy suggested it and the fans exploded into discussion (which is normal and fun haha) but the reality was that Newcastle enquired about Dom and we enquired about Minteh…. And it was us that decided we didn’t want to pay what they wanted.

We either have to decide to believe the media in all its glory, or not. 
But what we do is only listen to the parts that suit our own story. It’s human nature.

We should only listen to people who actually have contacts ITK… like myself.

Everton haven’t shut the door on offers for Dom, Man Utd haven’t shown any interest just paper talk, Arsenal definitely haven’t since a year ago, I don’t know these European clubs who have shown interest maybe you could enlighten me to who they and how you come by that information. 
Newcastle did have discussions with the club and player, Eddie Howe has been an admirer of his for years, but when wage demands didn’t fall inline with Newcastle’s any further discussions stopped. 
Regardless of whether I like him or not, which I have deliberately avoided getting into so I can’t see how you have come to the conclusion that what I said was how I feel personally about him as a player, my opinion was that he seems to be looking for the best money he can get on his last big contract to take him into the next 4-5 years of his career, he’s not going to base whether he stays here or leaves on medals and cups but his bank balance, of course he won’t be sat at the negotiating table with his agent, but he would have had in depth discussions with his agent on what he wants and is willing to accept, and when the club and his agent have thrashed out a deal he will still have the final say on whether he signs it not his agent. 
Personally if we have offered him a 135K a week 4 year contract he should take, but I can understand the lure of walking on a free next year with a huge signing on fee of say 10 million and 7 million a year on a 4 year contract that would be a great deal for him, and an even a better deal for who ever signs him. 

43 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

But there's no disputing that he missed an easy sitter early in yesterday's friendly. Any striker worth his salt would have put that away. While DC-L's strengths may help the team in other ways, he's not been the goal-scorer we need.

Exactly last season we lacked goals not attempts at goal. 
The game against Salford just highlighted that we have pretty much carried on from last season, by creating good chances but shown lack of ability and composure to turn them into goals, and Dom’s shocking attempt was carbon copy of his efforts last season. 

50 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Everton haven’t shut the door on offers for Dom, Man Utd haven’t shown any interest just paper talk, Arsenal definitely haven’t since a year ago, I don’t know these European clubs who have shown interest maybe you could enlighten me to who they and how you come by that information. 
Newcastle did have discussions with the club and player, Eddie Howe has been an admirer of his for years, but when wage demands didn’t fall inline with Newcastle’s any further discussions stopped. 
Regardless of whether I like him or not, which I have deliberately avoided getting into so I can’t see how you have come to the conclusion that what I said was how I feel personally about him as a player, my opinion was that he seems to be looking for the best money he can get on his last big contract to take him into the next 4-5 years of his career, he’s not going to base whether he stays here or leaves on medals and cups but his bank balance, of course he won’t be sat at the negotiating table with his agent, but he would have had in depth discussions with his agent on what he wants and is willing to accept, and when the club and his agent have thrashed out a deal he will still have the final say on whether he signs it not his agent. 
Personally if we have offered him a 135K a week 4 year contract he should take, but I can understand the lure of walking on a free next year with a huge signing on fee of say 10 million and 7 million a year on a 4 year contract that would be a great deal for him, and an even a better deal for who ever signs him. 

Not all about you Palfy 😉 I mean in general fans believe the media when it supports them, and not when it goes against what they feel. It’s human nature, I do it and you do it, and so does everyone else mate. 

A lot of fans believe he made unrealistic pay demands to Newcastle, although nothing came from him, Newcastle or his agents. Yet when it’s said that Man Utd, Arsenal and champions league clubs have shown an interest…. It’s just media talk and not real. That’s my point mate. 

Personally I think it’s all a load of made up crap from people thinking they have heard rumours and need to make money to sell media haha. 

4 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Keane spoke extensively about Blackburn and man united contract offers too when at Forest - he named the specific numbers involved. Of course he bloody had a view as to what he was worth and what he wanted. 

go on the "under the cosh" podcast.  Every single player on there mcateer, hateley, Steven warnock, Tony Cottee, Danny mills, they talk specifically about contract negotiations and the numbers their agents present them with...... 

players know market value and what they want....you know why? Cos they talk numbers when they are driving their lambos in to training.   You don't think Dcl has a view of how much he wants ? - it's a short career made up of 3-4 contracts. 

Steven warnock specifically instructed his agent to negotiate  lower wages in order to get a move from Villa back to Liverpool. 

in short - what you are trying to do is make dcl not look like he's making a decision based on money like it's something more noble.  Get real mate - he is.  Is anyone calling him greedy? Stating a fact - it's a business.

stop getting so emotive about players - they are employees. 

I don't know plenty of modern day pros - I know 2 retired ones.  Don't get salty 

Calm down mate, no need to get all emotional and upset. It’s just a discussion on football that’s all. 

My comment about you knowing players was genuine. I honestly was interested.