IGNORED

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

4 minutes ago, Btay said:

I appreciate all that but so, so many times last season our attack broke down with him misplacing an easy pass. Good squad player but if we want to push on for top 10 I firmly believe we need more from that position than someone who runs his socks off.

It's so much more than that though. Not saying he's perfect but the amount he does solo because no one gets near him for the knockdowns or to support or create for him is so underrated.

Top and bottom is he doesn't want to stay.  Hold on to a £30m player for a season and get nothing next year or use the £30m to strengthen side..... no brainer. 

I don't think chermitti is far off at all, plus it seems our player recruitment is being allowed to function without boardmen in suits saying "no, I don't know him - let's sign Maupay" - so I would go with buying his replacement . 

49 minutes ago, Matt said:

It's so much more than that though. Not saying he's perfect but the amount he does solo because no one gets near him for the knockdowns or to support or create for him is so underrated.

Wait, are you talking about Dom or Doucoure here?

2 hours ago, Btay said:

I'm not faulting his work ethic & I have always praised it in fact. Doucs plays a very different role to Onana & Garner whilst I mentioned Harrison earlier in the same breathe as Doucs. I also don't think I would consider Doucoure a box to box midfielder under Dyche. Regardless I appreciate his work ethic which is always second to none however if we want more goals in the team & from Dom an attacking midfielder with real technical ability is a must.

Me neither. He played more like a second forward than a midfielder. A forward coming back to help the midfield, rather than a midfielder breaking forward to help the attack. 

2 minutes ago, Btay said:

Doucs mate! Hahaha read up the thread, you’ll see I was saying pretty much the same as you. Dom is class & not the problem.

Oh I did as soon as Mark pointed it out, it's absolutely my mistake :lol:

5 hours ago, Btay said:

Wait, are you talking about Dom or Doucoure here?

I thought it was about Onana. That’s the beauty of this place: We can assume negative comments are about players we don’t like and positive comments are about players we do like - regardless of the author’s intent. I can think of someone who’d thought the discussion was about Lukaku. 

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, patto said:

Not happy if he signs a new contract I’d rather he leaves we should have done a straight swap for minteh. 

although it is was reported that Newcastle wouldn't pay the wages that he wanted - maybe he's finding out that the market has changed a bit and is not going to get the wages that he wants at Everton or at any other club.

Unfortunately, DCL if you spend the best part of two seasons injured and then the following season not scoring as you should be, then people aren't going to pay inflated wages.  Been off the boil for 3 seasons since your best showing when Ancelloti was here - you can only live off that for so long. An injury plauged season this year and you might be lucky to get half of what is currently on the table from either ourselves and others - free transfer or not.

There is a gamble in greedily going in to the final year of a Contract. A career threatening injury and you go from a massive +£20m contract to fuck all.

31 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

although it is was reported that Newcastle wouldn't pay the wages that he wanted - maybe he's finding out that the market has changed a bit and is not going to get the wages that he wants at Everton or at any other club.

Unfortunately, DCL if you spend the best part of two seasons injured and then the following season not scoring as you should be, then people aren't going to pay inflated wages.  Been off the boil for 3 seasons since your best showing when Ancelloti was here - you can only live off that for so long. An injury plauged season this year and you might be lucky to get half of what is currently on the table from either ourselves and others - free transfer or not.

There is a gamble in greedily going in to the final year of a Contract. A career threatening injury and you go from a massive +£20m contract to fuck all.

I agree we need to set a value that takes in the last few seasons and get rid we have set a price that is far too high I would be happy with 20m. 
other than that we offer him a 1 year extension to his current contract definitely no increase in wages. 

Newcastle don’t actually get to talks with him at all.

We didn’t actually get as far as talks with Minteh. 

So no matter what we think should have happened, it’s between the clubs. And they didn’t get further than an enquiry.

Honestly guys, I think it’s madness wanting to sell one of our best assets for a risk… when we just narrowly avoided relegation. You need to know when to play and when to fold.

4 hours ago, Shukes said:

So no matter what we think should have happened, it’s between the clubs. And they didn’t get further than an enquiry.

Honestly guys, I think it’s madness wanting to sell one of our best assets for a risk… when we just narrowly avoided relegation. You need to know when to play and when to fold.

Must have been agents talk then for the 130k to be quoted. 
what I do think is while DCL is in limbo we can’t move on whether it’s him out or Beto out or a striker in we are stumped 

5 hours ago, Shukes said:

Calm down, Kenny Rogers!

4 hours ago, patto said:

Must have been agents talk then for the 130k to be quoted. 
what I do think is while DCL is in limbo we can’t move on whether it’s him out or Beto out or a striker in we are stumped 

We wouldn’t want to let him go without a replacement first. 
He turned up for the first days training, and was at the club before that to do photo shoots for the new kit and start of season videos. 

I honestly don’t think he ever spoke with Newcastle at all. I’ve looked everywhere and all I can find is obscure rumours. That usually accounts to nothing mate.

Not saying it never happened, just if it did… his agent, himself and everyone to do with Newcastle have been incredibly quiet about it. Which isn’t like football at all haha.

At the moment he is probably one of our most important players along with Branthwaite and Picks. There’s nothing wrong with discussing contracts. I do it myself. Look at the Branthwaite news…. He is demanding £160k a week to stay. Does that mean you want him gone now?

3 minutes ago, Shukes said:

We wouldn’t want to let him go without a replacement first. 
He turned up for the first days training, and was at the club before that to do photo shoots for the new kit and start of season videos. 

I honestly don’t think he ever spoke with Newcastle at all. I’ve looked everywhere and all I can find is obscure rumours. That usually accounts to nothing mate.

Not saying it never happened, just if it did… his agent, himself and everyone to do with Newcastle have been incredibly quiet about it. Which isn’t like football at all haha.

At the moment he is probably one of our most important players along with Branthwaite and Picks. There’s nothing wrong with discussing contracts. I do it myself. Look at the Branthwaite news…. He is demanding £160k a week to stay. Does that mean you want him gone now?

I don’t want him gone at all but he will go when the price is right.