IGNORED

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

45 minutes ago, Sev said:

See. Told you they stick their snotty noses in everything. Jim Bob (thank you, Haf) only makes it worse. God, I hope they end up 10th or lower this season.

I hope upside down head has snot on his nose by Christmas.

1 hour ago, Gwlad said:

In Thelwell/Dyche we trust to have someone lined up if Dom goes.

Bright side, we still have Maupay.

Maybe that’s the deal. If you want DCL we want £35m and you take Maupay too. For free. Apologies. 😂

On 09/07/2024 at 12:16, Romey 1878 said:

Where have the Athletic said this? There was a mailbag with Patrick Boyland posted this morning in which he addresses DCLs contract situation directly and makes no mention of this. 

1 minute ago, Matt Tiger said:

Where have the Athletic said this? There was a mailbag with Patrick Boyland posted this morning in which he addresses DCLs contract situation directly and makes no mention of this. 

For those that don't subscribe:

Is there an update on DCL’s contract situation? How likely is he to stay? — Alex G 

Last I checked, this hadn’t moved substantially in a while — at least not when it comes to a potential new deal at Everton. That remains their priority though after he got back towards his best at the end of last season.

Calvert-Lewin’s camp have long been aware of the club’s intention to offer new terms, but a decision was put on hold until survival was secured and Everton’s future became clearer. I’m unaware of any breakthrough of note, but it has been stressed to me that all options remain on the table.

A decision obviously needs to be made soon, given the 27-year-old striker is now into the final year of his deal. Everton’s financial situation is such that they can’t afford to lose a player of his ability and value for free, and that forces their hand here. If he doesn’t sign, then he almost certainly has to be sold.

Remember: Calvert-Lewin would already be a Newcastle player by now had he agreed personal terms there.

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

To be fair, he looked thoroughly miserable on his first day back.

You reading that from the "First training session of pre-season!" vid they realised? Because if so, he was in it for about a total of 4 seconds and looked no more miserable than most on their first day back at work on an overcasted day.
The most miserable player I saw was Mason Holgate, but he always looks thoroughly miserable. 🤣

8 hours ago, Wall Writer said:

You reading that from the "First training session of pre-season!" vid they realised? Because if so, he was in it for about a total of 4 seconds and looked no more miserable than most on their first day back at work on an overcasted day.
The most miserable player I saw was Mason Holgate, but he always looks thoroughly miserable. 🤣

It was meant tongue in cheek mate haha. 
I don’t actually believe mostly anything I read in the press. It’s usually some ITK reading the same shit that we read and coming to wrong conclusions. 

Dom will score goals where ever he ends up but he is so unlucky with picking up injuries and as a result has spells on the sidelines. Which may put off potential buyers. It wouldn’t be a surprise if he decides to stay.

40 minutes ago, Harv said:

Dom will score goals where ever he ends up but he is so unlucky with picking up injuries and as a result has spells on the sidelines. Which may put off potential buyers. It wouldn’t be a surprise if he decides to stay.

If we had actual goal scorers around him he would look so much better. McNeil, Harrison & Doucoure are not overly effective players in that regard.

5 hours ago, Btay said:

If we had actual goal scorers around him he would look so much better. McNeil, Harrison & Doucoure are not overly effective players in that regard.

Would love to see him or laying with our new gem behind him though. This may be the player we have been longing for.

12 hours ago, Harv said:

Don't get me wrong, I love Dom but 7 this season for us.

6 hours ago, Shukes said:

Would love to see him or laying with our new gem behind him though. This may be the player we have been longing for.

Exactly right, Dom gets us playing up field so hopefully with a few tricky players around him we can make a bit more of those phases.

21 hours ago, Btay said:

Doucoure’s record wasn’t too bad, Onana has been the biggest disappointment for me when it comes to scoring and assists, so much hype around him for someone who lacks productivity. But I agree with what you’re saying the team is relying to heavily on Dom’s goals which imo is putting more pressure on every opportunity that comes his way, if others took some of that responsibility he would be able to play more freely and dispatch more of his chances. 

49 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Doucoure’s record wasn’t too bad, Onana has been the biggest disappointment for me when it comes to scoring and assists, so much hype around him for someone who lacks productivity. But I agree with what you’re saying the team is relying to heavily on Dom’s goals which imo is putting more pressure on every opportunity that comes his way, if others took some of that responsibility he would be able to play more freely and dispatch more of his chances. 

That's true, Palfy. But the question would be if Dyche want that.

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

He scored 7 goals & granted some were vital. He missed plenty of easy chances through the season. He also had expected assist stat of 0.05 per 90, which is terrible. 

5 minutes ago, Btay said:

He scored 7 goals & granted some were vital. He missed plenty of easy chances through the season. He also had expected assist stat of 0.05 per 90, which is terrible. 

Agreed Doucoure isn’t the greatest of players on the but through sheer hard work grit and determination he managed 7 goals and 2 assists the same stats as Dom, yet he surely run more miles per game than most and was a box to box midfielder in the true sense of what it means to be a box to box midfielder. 
And I would guess that he was one of the first names on the team sheet every week when available, where we know Onana, Garner, and Harrison weren’t. 
Having said all that he isn’t the finished article and if we could find a box to box midfielder with his engine and desire, who would get you 10-12 goals a season with 6-8 assists and bags of ability on the ball I’d have him over Doucoure in a blink of an eye, and they do exist but they cost around 70 million and want 150k plus a week, but who knows maybe Dele could be that player again. 

3 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Agreed Doucoure isn’t the greatest of players on the but through sheer hard work grit and determination he managed 7 goals and 2 assists the same stats as Dom, yet he surely run more miles per game than most and was a box to box midfielder in the true sense of what it means to be a box to box midfielder. 
And I would guess that he was one of the first names on the team sheet every week when available, where we know Onana, Garner, and Harrison weren’t. 
Having said all that he isn’t the finished article and if we could find a box to box midfielder with his engine and desire, who would get you 10-12 goals a season with 6-8 assists and bags of ability on the ball I’d have him over Doucoure in a blink of an eye, and they do exist but they cost around 70 million and want 150k plus a week, but who knows maybe Dele could be that player again. 

I'm not faulting his work ethic & I have always praised it in fact. Doucs plays a very different role to Onana & Garner whilst I mentioned Harrison earlier in the same breathe as Doucs. I also don't think I would consider Doucoure a box to box midfielder under Dyche. Regardless I appreciate his work ethic which is always second to none however if we want more goals in the team & from Dom an attacking midfielder with real technical ability is a must.

26 minutes ago, Btay said:

But he contributes so much more. He's our first line of defence, he one of he hardest working forwards around. The space he creates, the option he gives as a target man to get the ball further up field when our midfield can't pass to a blue shirt... 

He will be very sorely missed because I don't see anyone else doing all that.

1 minute ago, Matt said:

But he contributes so much more. He's our first line of defence, he one of he hardest working forwards around. The space he creates, the option he gives as a target man to get the ball further up field when our midfield can't pass to a blue shirt... 

He will be very sorely missed because I don't see anyone else doing all that.

I appreciate all that but so, so many times last season our attack broke down with him misplacing an easy pass. Good squad player but if we want to push on for top 10 I firmly believe we need more from that position than someone who runs his socks off.