IGNORED

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

So you don't think he's been offered a new contract.....  but Godfrey has who isn't a first team regular and his expires at the same time as DCL.

same outcome mate - he's not staying.  

I believe he's been offered a new contract and doesn't want to sign it which means - he stays for a season and leaves on a free or he gets sold. 

its not bullying an opinion  - im merely highlighting the permutations.  Stop getting upset by it 

Haf you couldn’t upset me mate, your way to cute for that.

I do believe he was offered a contract yes.

29 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I’ve read all that very interesting 🤔 but what is actually happening as a matter of interest?

No one really knows my friend.

I think Dom has asked for a contract and Everton have said no. 
Then Newcastle offered him less money to go there and he said no. 
And now Dyche has taken his locker away from him.

44 minutes ago, Shukes said:

No one really knows my friend.

I think Dom has asked for a contract and Everton have said no. 
Then Newcastle offered him less money to go there and he said no. 
And now Dyche has taken his locker away from him.

I don’t think Newcastle offered less than Everton I think Dom wants too much. 

2 hours ago, patto said:

No the way you put it Newcastle offered less than Everton. 

I think he was taking the piss Patto it was all tongue in cheek mate, well I should have said I know it was. 
Basically as he said before no one knows what’s happening it’s all conjecture at this moment in time mainly fuelled by the media and people’s take on the situation, but at this moment in time he is an Everton player and whether he remains so for next season and 2-3 after that no one can say for sure either way at this moment in time. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

I think he was taking the piss Patto it was all tongue in cheek mate, well I should have said I know it was. 
Basically as he said before no one knows what’s happening it’s all conjecture at this moment in time mainly fuelled by the media and people’s take on the situation, but at this moment in time he is an Everton player and whether he remains so for next season and 2-3 after that no one can say for sure either way at this moment in time. 

Well whatever went on the fee scared Newcastle off and apparently AC Milan who are now rumoured to be going for Broja as a cheaper alternative 

we were led to believe Broja was our go to after DCL. 

6 hours ago, Palfy said:

It's a sad indictment of our club that when someone writes that the manager took away a players locker that it is not viewed as an obvious joke!!

8 hours ago, patto said:

Well whatever went on the fee scared Newcastle off and apparently AC Milan who are now rumoured to be going for Broja as a cheaper alternative 

we were led to believe Broja was our go to after DCL. 

I think the Dom deal was part of the Minteh deal. And we pulled out not them, as we thought that their valuation of Minteh was far to much… so we pulled out of the deal, which in turn meant that the Dom offer was taken back.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

I think the Dom deal was part of the Minteh deal. And we pulled out not them, as we thought that their valuation of Minteh was far to much… so we pulled out of the deal, which in turn meant that the Dom offer was taken back.

What I read was they pulled out at the end of the day it was a shady deal they were both over priced for PSR 

2 minutes ago, patto said:

What I read was they pulled out at the end of the day it was a shady deal they were both over priced for PSR 

The one I read said that we didn’t value Minteh as highly as they did so we pulled out. Which meant we wouldn’t sell DCL to them.

This is why we shouldn’t use media as our source isn’t it.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

The one I read said that we didn’t value Minteh as highly as they did so we pulled out. Which meant we wouldn’t sell DCL to them.

This is why we shouldn’t use media as our source isn’t it.

If that was the case they were trying to pull a fast one to get Dom on the cheap. Full marks to Kevin.

12 hours ago, patto said:

Calvert lewin at £30-£40m can't be overpriced.  Minteh at £30m could arguably be..... but take a look at Liverpool sales if Brewster etc.  load of bollocks 

15 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Calvert lewin at £30-£40m can't be overpriced.  Minteh at £30m could arguably be..... but take a look at Liverpool sales if Brewster etc.  load of bollocks 

Liverpool have been very lucky in the past getting big fees that is now changing Brewster was touted as the next big thing at 1 point and he flopped big time 

what I don’t want is if DCL doesn’t get the deal he wants he walks for free next year. 

3 minutes ago, patto said:

Liverpool have been very lucky in the past getting big fees that is now changing Brewster was touted as the next big thing at 1 point and he flopped big time 

what I don’t want is if DCL doesn’t get the deal he wants he walks for free next year. 

Nothing lucky about it. 

If he decides to hold out I'm sure our price will drop a bit and he'll be off. If not then January. If not then for free having had a player putting himself in the shop window for a season trying to show he's worth whatever he's asking. 

Just now, Matt said:

Nothing lucky about it. 

If he decides to hold out I'm sure our price will drop a bit and he'll be off. If not then January. If not then for free having had a player putting himself in the shop window for a season trying to show he's worth whatever he's asking. 

If he stays till January you can safely say he won’t go anywhere 

and if he stays that’s another 5m out the door. 
Dyche will do his best I think to move him on. 

9 minutes ago, patto said:

If he stays till January you can safely say he won’t go anywhere 

and if he stays that’s another 5m out the door. 
Dyche will do his best I think to move him on. 

I think Dyche would definitely keep him and let him go for free given the choice. But KT is balancing digits too so who knows. 

47 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Just read about that. Never played a minute of football and was sold for 27m! And they are keeping an eye on us over Dobbin who made ten appearances, scored a goal and was on the way up.

1 minute ago, Shukes said:

Club seem very quiet about DCL situation. No one even seems to be looking into it, usually we would have media and you tubers all over this.

It’s probably all down to his agent and wanting a signing on fee which Haf has already mentioned 

2 minutes ago, patto said:

It’s probably all down to his agent and wanting a signing on fee which Haf has already mentioned 

That’s standard for every contract mate. 
But if this is all going on you e got to give his agent great credit for keeping it under wraps. 
Usually they are the first to come out and try to drum up talk to get their player a move.

Doms is quiet as a mouse. Actually he sounds like a really poor agent doesn’t he haha.

9 minutes ago, Shukes said:

That’s standard for every contract mate. 
But if this is all going on you e got to give his agent great credit for keeping it under wraps. 
Usually they are the first to come out and try to drum up talk to get their player a move.

Doms is quiet as a mouse. Actually he sounds like a really poor agent doesn’t he haha.

Dom is probably quiet in case he has to come back I’m guessing but

I think if he comes back his agent will tell him to play out his contract or we pay him what he wants I’m not sure Everton want that. 

43 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Just read about that. Never played a minute of football and was sold for 27m! And they are keeping an eye on us over Dobbin who made ten appearances, scored a goal and was on the way up.

They did it with a few players, massively over inflated their kids. 

2 hours ago, RuffRob said:

Domanic Solanke is similar - £19M and he had really done fuck all of note at the time of his transfer in 2019. 

OK, 2 or 3 year down the line starts to score in the Championship and this season had a decent one in the PL, but when the transfer was done, it was a suprisingly high amount. 

He's done quite well at Bournemouth, there were rumours Arsenal were sniffing. But that's the equivalent of the blind squirrel analogy.