IGNORED

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

6 hours ago, Shukes said:

I keep telling myself that mate, but I’m also worried we’ll sell and do our usual…. We have 15 targets…. Then buy our 16 target and pretend we were always after him.

His name will be Tim or Nathan.

Funny but so fucking true. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Scored 8 goals mate.... not wanting to diss him but he was poor in front of goal for most the season. 

Agreed, but he did score some vital goals for us when needed and I’ll be forever grateful of that. 

That feeling he gave me when he scored that winner against Palace will be hard to replace. 

players come and go and are never irreplaceable. 

if he goes this summer then I am OK with that, if we get a good fee for him. It seems the club are holding fast on the fee we would accept as a club, which I applaud.

he's 27 now, in a way we should be cashing on players when they reach this sort of age. In a couple of years time value will begin to dip.

in a ideal I would keep all good players, but reality is a degree or cashing in is needed. 

2 hours ago, c1982 said:

Chelsea makes more sense for what we perceive Dom’s lifestyle/ away from football loves- he’s spoken in the past about his love of London. It’ll be his destination - can’t see him signing a new contract and guess there’s a reluctance from his side to go to Newcastle in there’s a top London club in for him.

Kid last year and shortly a Mrs C-L, how much time will he have for the London life?

51 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

players come and go and are never irreplaceable. 

if he goes this summer then I am OK with that, if we get a good fee for him. It seems the club are holding fast on the fee we would accept as a club, which I applaud.

he's 27 now, in a way we should be cashing on players when they reach this sort of age. In a couple of years time value will begin to dip.

in a ideal I would keep all good players, but reality is a degree or cashing in is needed. 

27-30 is a outfield players best years. Still have the physical attributes but, if lucky, a decade of experience. 32+ is when we should be moving them on unless they're an upgrade on what we have.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Agreed, but he did score some vital goals for us when needed and I’ll be forever grateful of that. 

That feeling he gave me when he scored that winner against Palace will be hard to replace. 

Same can be said for Michael Keane - Godfreys goal line clearance challenges etc.  clubs been in dark ages due to sentimentality. 

he's gonna want a signing on fee etc - no way he's staying. Last contract. 

Absolute no brainer to cash in on him, sentimentality aside and it makes perfect sense. He hasn't been a striker good enough for where we want to be since the Ancelotti era, and that was a long way away now. Yes, he's popped up with some big goals when asked (for which I'll be eternally grateful) but he's not been fit enough for about two seasons now, nor has the form when he is fit to justify sticking around. 

I'm pretty gobsmacked Newcastle are in for him tbh, I thought they'd recruit much better. Goes without saying that we'll need to replace him, but that shouldn't be a reason that he sticks around (or gets a new contract).

13 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Absolute no brainer to cash in on him, sentimentality aside and it makes perfect sense. He hasn't been a striker good enough for where we want to be since the Ancelotti era, and that was a long way away now. Yes, he's popped up with some big goals when asked (for which I'll be eternally grateful) but he's not been fit enough for about two seasons now, nor has the form when he is fit to justify sticking around. 

I'm pretty gobsmacked Newcastle are in for him tbh, I thought they'd recruit much better. Goes without saying that we'll need to replace him, but that shouldn't be a reason that he sticks around (or gets a new contract).

Didn’t Newcastle pull out because the fee was too high if we had been a bit smarter we would have lowered the fee let’s be honest 37m is far too high and we would now have minteh 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Same can be said for Michael Keane - Godfreys goal line clearance challenges etc.  clubs been in dark ages due to sentimentality. 

he's gonna want a signing on fee etc - no way he's staying. Last contract. 

I’m just not allowed to say anything positive towards the club am I haha.

32 minutes ago, patto said:

Didn’t Newcastle pull out because the fee was too high if we had been a bit smarter we would have lowered the fee let’s be honest 37m is far too high and we would now have minteh 

How many did Minteh score in the easier league? Not sarcasm by the way…. I really have no idea how well he did over there haha.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

27-30 is a outfield players best years. Still have the physical attributes but, if lucky, a decade of experience. 32+ is when we should be moving them on unless they're an upgrade on what we have.

We sign them at 38 😂

18 minutes ago, Shukes said:

How many did Minteh score in the easier league? Not sarcasm by the way…. I really have no idea how well he did over there haha.

I was worried about him stepping up to the prem but also worried Dom might break down if he stays. 

I’d like him to stay next season won’t be a walk in the park and we are going to need his work rate and ability to hold the ball up, we know that our back up strikers can’t offer what he gives us, plus if Dyche is to remain then Dom is pivotal to his tactics and he will struggle to find someone else to fill his position in the way he plays for the team, unless someone can think of a good replacement who is available, if so email sean.dyche@evertonfc.co.uk

59 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I’m just not allowed to say anything positive towards the club am I haha.

Yeah you can. I'm saying something positive - sell a player for £30m rather than lose him for free next year. 

If we know he’s been offered a contract, then surely we know how much for and how long?

I can’t find the details myself, has someone already linked the contract talks?

I can see that the club are in talks with his representatives. But no concrete offer is forthcoming as of yet is it? So not sure he can actually turn it down until the contracts on the table.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

If we know he’s been offered a contract, then surely we know how much for and how long?

I can’t find the details myself, has someone already linked the contract talks?

I can see that the club are in talks with his representatives. But no concrete offer is forthcoming as of yet is it? So not sure he can actually turn it down until the contracts on the table.

If he doesn't go this transfer window then he leaves on a free next summer - simple as that.  It was reported in the echo 3 weeks that he had been offered a new contract. 

The club ain't gonna sleep on this shukes - no conspiracies... he looks like he wants a move.  Don't think it's a matter of him wanting too much etc - we offered a contract and he hasn't signed it. 

or are you thinking the club haven't offered him one and are risking losing £30m? 

Love DCL, I thought he would sign an extension, and I hope he still does, but if he goes then I wish him well. Has scored many important goals for us, the one against Crystal Palace will live with me forever.

I have faith that our DOF and his team are actually very good and have plans in place should he go.

I am actually excited to see who we sell and sign this year, its going to be cheap deals but there are bargains out there, and the cheeks Villa swapsy / FFP fuck you was a great move.

Personally I think it depends on who comes in for him, he probably wants one last big move and if someone comes in with the money, contract and offer he will go, so lets see who does. 

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

If he doesn't go this transfer window then he leaves on a free next summer - simple as that.  It was reported in the echo 3 weeks that he had been offered a new contract. 

The club ain't gonna sleep on this shukes - no conspiracies... he looks like he wants a move.  Don't think it's a matter of him wanting too much etc - we offered a contract and he hasn't signed it. 

or are you thinking the club haven't offered him one and are risking losing £30m? 

Do you mean unless he signs a contract?

I know you are on a right downer for the club, but I can assure you… the club ain’t gonna sleep on this Haf.

There are always two options. I’m home struggling to see how you can’t understand that mate. 

I’ll explain in the simplest way possible. 
We offer him a contract and he doesn’t sign and wants to leave… so we sell him.

We offer him a contract and he negotiates and signs. It happens all the time in football Haf, this isn’t something exclusive to Everton and Dom. 

No I can see you are going to do anything to get into an argument about this, even when I’ve tried to steer away. 

So fuck it! Give it your best shot.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Do you mean unless he signs a contract?

I know you are on a right downer for the club, but I can assure you… the club ain’t gonna sleep on this Haf.

There are always two options. I’m home struggling to see how you can’t understand that mate. 

I’ll explain in the simplest way possible. 
We offer him a contract and he doesn’t sign and wants to leave… so we sell him.

We offer him a contract and he negotiates and signs. It happens all the time in football Haf, this isn’t something exclusive to Everton and Dom. 

No I can see you are going to do anything to get into an argument about this, even when I’ve tried to steer away. 

So fuck it! Give it your best shot.

Ok ..... let's be logical here.  He's on the cusp of his last big contract - he's 28 when current one runs out.  He signed for £1.5m from sheff United so had a very minimal signing on fee and has had one 5 year deal which has made him financially secure from the perspective of normal living. But in the bubble he lives in he will be comparatively modest. 

A transfer for £30-40m gives him £4-5m signing on fee plus the £150k he's been reputedly after.  If he doesn't get the transfer then he sits out a year and gets £200k plus a huge signing on fee next summer.  Or..... he signs for Everton for less money than he's looking for. 

Take your emotions out of it shukes -  it's a footy club not a museum. I'm not on a downer on the club - just very realistic mate and sadly more accurate on matters that have given us reasons to "be on a downer". 

im not arguing - im just bemused as to how you are emotive over a player leaving if they want to leave.  I'm arsed about Everton and not the employees, you've always got YouTube to watch the palace goal on repeat mate 

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Ok ..... let's be logical here.  He's on the cusp of his last big contract - he's 28 when current one runs out.  He signed for £1.5m from sheff United so had a very minimal signing on fee and has had one 5 year deal which has made him financially secure from the perspective of normal living. But in the bubble he lives in he will be comparatively modest. 

A transfer for £30-40m gives him £4-5m signing on fee plus the £150k he's been reputedly after.  If he doesn't get the transfer then he sits out a year and gets £200k plus a huge signing on fee next summer.  Or..... he signs for Everton for less money than he's looking for. 

Take your emotions out of it shukes -  it's a footy club not a museum. I'm not on a downer on the club - just very realistic mate and sadly more accurate on matters that have given us reasons to "be on a downer". 

im not arguing - im just bemused as to how you are emotive over a player leaving if they want to leave.  I'm arsed about Everton and not the employees, you've always got YouTube to watch the palace goal on repeat mate 

Seems unrealistic to me that a player with his history and production level would get 200k a week from anyone. Stranger things have happened but at that point we are looking at year 10 in the premier league and let’s say 60-70 goals in that time. He wouldn’t be a first or maybe even a second option for any of the teams that could afford that.

4 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I think you’re really missing the point here Haf. 
Im 51 years old mate, and nowhere near naive enough to read an article and think it fact. That’s why I believe the world is still round.

If Dom wants to leave, then I’m ok with it. He is a grown volume and can make his own choices. 

But I’ve also been following football long enough to realise that the sentence, and I quote…. Calvert Lewis has been offered a contract and his representatives are in discussions with the club…… means just that. 
Or do you believe they are discussing how to say no? 
Of course not, it means they are in discussions.

Next point. 
How much did Newcastle offer him a week? 
And how much did we offer him a week? 
And how much does he want a week. 

Im also bemused mate, at how you can’t see that players are offered contracts all the time and hardly ever just accept first time. They discuss and go for the best offer they can get. Again this isn’t a new thing, it’s been happening for decades, if not century’s.

Now in true usual suspect style. One of us will be right. But I promise you this…. If he gets offered a better deal by us and he signs…. It means I simply guessed right. I have no idea really.

Let’s both be the bigger men and stop trying to bully our opinions onto people, because let’s face it….. I know I can argue with my own reflection …. And you yourself could pick a fight with your own signature darling x

None on here actually know what’s going on behind closed doors. 
Had Dom turned the option down, or just the first offer? 
Has the club told Dom they may have to sell him to help PSR? 
Is it just discussions and Dom hasn’t even entered the conversation himself yet?

None of us really know do we.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

I think you’re really missing the point here Haf. 
Im 51 years old mate, and nowhere near naive enough to read an article and think it fact. That’s why I believe the world is still round.

If Dom wants to leave, then I’m ok with it. He is a grown volume and can make his own choices. 

But I’ve also been following football long enough to realise that the sentence, and I quote…. Calvert Lewis has been offered a contract and his representatives are in discussions with the club…… means just that. 
Or do you believe they are discussing how to say no? 
Of course not, it means they are in discussions.

Next point. 
How much did Newcastle offer him a week? 
And how much did we offer him a week? 
And how much does he want a week. 

Im also bemused mate, at how you can’t see that players are offered contracts all the time and hardly ever just accept first time. They discuss and go for the best offer they can get. Again this isn’t a new thing, it’s been happening for decades, if not century’s.

Now in true usual suspect style. One of us will be right. But I promise you this…. If he gets offered a better deal by us and he signs…. It means I simply guessed right. I have no idea really.

Let’s both be the bigger men and stop trying to bully our opinions onto people, because let’s face it….. I know I can argue with my own reflection …. And you yourself could pick a fight with your own signature darling x

None on here actually know what’s going on behind closed doors. 
Had Dom turned the option down, or just the first offer? 
Has the club told Dom they may have to sell him to help PSR? 
Is it just discussions and Dom hasn’t even entered the conversation himself yet?

None of us really know do we.

So you don't think he's been offered a new contract.....  but Godfrey has who isn't a first team regular and his expires at the same time as DCL.

same outcome mate - he's not staying.  

I believe he's been offered a new contract and doesn't want to sign it which means - he stays for a season and leaves on a free or he gets sold. 

its not bullying an opinion  - im merely highlighting the permutations.  Stop getting upset by it 

3 hours ago, SpartyBlue said:

Seems unrealistic to me that a player with his history and production level would get 200k a week from anyone. Stranger things have happened but at that point we are looking at year 10 in the premier league and let’s say 60-70 goals in that time. He wouldn’t be a first or maybe even a second option for any of the teams that could afford that.

A fully fit dcl doing his hold up role would earn decent money at a club that identifies the need for a proven premier league target man